How can you not run SWTOR on max?

wolfsheadbane

I just can't comprehend how in this day and age where i could buy a laptop for like 200-300 that could run the game on max settings that people still have computer from 1990 that get low fps still on low settings? i know everyone doesn't have money but somewhere within the 20 year span of having your computer surely saving 1 dollar a day could afford enough for a computer not still on DOS

Edit: some people are neglecting the fact i said low FPS on LOW settings , how you can possibly have a machine that old is beyond me any computer made within like 6 years would be able to run swtor fine

Edit: If you are gaming on a laptop in the first place what is wrong with you??

Edited by wolfsheadbane

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Some people are way cheap. I can't comprehend it either. PLUS they are the ones that keep game graphics on MMO's five generations behind. Bcuz mmos are supposed to have a graphics that a major audience can handle. If everyone had great gaming computers we would see MMOs with crysis graphics. Edited by LeoCrow

Because some people can't afford higer specced machines and must play it at lower settings, as I will be when my invite comes, if I can play it at all.

Not everyone is priveleged to have the best system ever, or even a half decent systen.

I just can't comprehend how in this day and age where i could buy a laptop for like 200-300 that could run the game on max settings that people still have computer from 1990 that get low fps still on low settings? i know everyone doesn't have money but somewhere within the 20 year span of having your computer surely saving 1 dollar a day could afford enough for a computer not still on DOS

Where would you buy such laptop? The game is not that low spec me thinks.

I can't comprehend, why you can't comprehend, that many people have other priorities to spend their money on.

You show me a laptop that can run this on max, for that cheap... then I'll buy into your nonsense. Until then, I'll continue to play on my 3 year old laptop @ medium settings.

From a computer tech who works on these things every day, those $200-$300 laptops also tend to die very, very quickly. Be smart, save up a bit more and invest in something that's going to last. ;)

And the point is..? That you are verry OMGbrutalityAwesome with your Zo---MG computer? ok here you go:

You are Awesometastic.

Happy now?

And say hello to daddy for me, ask him if he can buy a Zo---MG computer for me to use too.

And just for the record, a "normal" computer (and that is not high-end mind you) from 2010 cant run this on max settings. I know that verry well as i have one.

And prices are not the same in every country.

Nothing in your post makes much sense at all. But congratulations once again on your awesome computer.

/facedesk

Well I for one got a crap computer with no money to throw at it because I have no intention of being a wage slave. Thus I attend uni and do you know what books costs? Let alone roof and food! It's expensive!

You would be surprised.

I knew someone that recently 'built' a PC....who thought the best GPU was the one with the highest model number. Seriously tried to argue why a NVIDIA 8200 is better than a NVIDIA 580.

oh my god this made me LOL hard!

also for all of you people saying blahblah bigger priorities blahblah i am 20 have 2 children don't work neither does my partner live at home with my parents and still managed to buy a machine that cost 2500$ if you are the age of 13-16 then i understand but even then i don't see why your parents woudn't get you a machine that wasn't from 1720 for christmas or something

And the point is..? That you are verry OMGbrutalityAwesome with your Zo---MG computer? ok here you go:

You are Awesometastic.

Happy now?

And say hello to daddy for me, ask him if he can buy a Zo---MG computer for me to use too.

And just for the record, a "normal" computer (and that is not high-end mind you) from 2010 cant run this on max settings. I know that verry well as i have one.

And prices are not the same in every country.

Nothing in your post makes much sense at all. But congratulations once again on your awesome computer.

/facedesk

I agree with this guy. This thread saying how people can't afford computers to play at max settings but I bet you it's 95% likely he didn't even buy his pc but his parents bought it for him Rofl-sauce.

Edited by toastiO

Well I for one got a crap computer with no money to throw at it because I have no intention of being a wage slave. Thus I attend uni and do you know what books costs? Let alone roof and food! It's expensive!

Does the government pay you to study in US like it does australia? ( where i live ) if not that is extremely sucky

What you do is go to best buy and get a desktop with a good processor for 300-400. Then you get a 100 dollar graphics card, then you get a new power thingy lol for about 100. Then you're ready to rock!

I am pc illiterate but my pc works good!

Edited by XFaided

I agree with this guy. This thread saying how people can't afford computers to play at max settings but I bet you it's 95% likely he didn't even buy his pc but his parents bought it for him Rofl-sauce.

lol this games graphics on max look pretty much exactly like medium , people who have problems just turn off your shadows problem solved also i bought my computer with my own money though , of course when i was younger my parents would ( not exactly the machine i have now but reasonable ) and my parents are not rich or even well off

also for all of you people saying blahblah bigger priorities blahblah i am 20 have 2 children don't work neither does my partner live at home with my parents and still managed to buy a machine that cost 2500$ if you are the age of 13-16 then i understand but even then i don't see why your parents woudn't get you a machine that wasn't from 1720 for christmas or something

Some people have kids, a house to pay off, a car or two to maintain , not all of us live no wait sponge off our parents to get other things.

Gotta ask....if you don't work and your partner doesn't work and you have 2 kids where'd you get the money?

EDIT: poster above me, I was wondering how they could get a cherry machine if they don't work and have 2 kids. I work, my wife works but we don't have kids. Got the usual bills though, mortgage, 2 car payments, etc. (not to mention our original house was completely destroyed in April by a tornado in Fayetteville. Heck, google it on CNN for the videos about april 16th. You'll see me freaking out to a news crew)

Still, we could afford nice PC's and I scraped enough to upgrade mine with a better power supply and good graphics card. It wasn't that expensive, or difficult to do it myself either. All you need to put a video card in is two hands....and maybe a screwdriver depending on your case)

Edited by wilsonstone