The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

I know this is going to get me a lot of hate, however the creator of Star Wars did once said that “Good guys get blue and Green, and bad guys get red. That’s just the way it is”. Now I know it’s still like the really hip thing to hate on George. But when the creator of IP sets the rules, well them be the rules then.

Also the way these “dark” Jedi get forced out of certain colour options, kind of makes a light saber akin to a mood ring, when it is not meant to work like that. I think if a dark Jedi wants to have a green blade they should. I would never do it for my any of my Sith, but I think the dark side Sith players should have the option for green or blue. Green is kind of an evil color any way.

My main point is this. When a person sits down to play a game, that’s their game. I don’t want them telling me how to play my game, so I won’t tell them to play their game. So when you see a horde of “Too cool for school “Jedi sporting red light sabers, you just kind of have to get over it.

/Agree

And I am over it. If they want to use red they can. They just need to stop arguing with me that they fit the lore when they don't.

Good post though!

Good night people....

Edited by Spymaster

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is going to get me a lot of hate, however the creator of Star Wars did once said that “Good guys get blue and Green, and bad guys get red. That’s just the way it is”. Now I know it’s still like the really hip thing to hate on George. But when the creator of IP sets the rules, well them be the rules then.

Actually, that statement has been contradicted by later statements both by Lucas and other writers within Lucasfilm. I'm not even sure if that statement was made by a Lucasfilm employee, much less Lucas himself.

The quote that matters is: "The color of light-saber blades has no particular meaning." - George Lucas

The movies cover a small time period. If this game took place during the movie era you'd have a point. It doesn't, so you don't.

Thank you. You just defeated your own argument for us. :p

Edited by Sai-to

Actually, that statement has been contradicted by later statements both by Lucas and other writers within Lucasfilm. I'm not even sure if that statement was made by a Lucasfilm employee, much less Lucas himself.

The quote that matters is: "The color of light-saber blades has no particular meaning." - George Lucas

Ummmm /argument won

Lightsabers depicted in the first two released films, A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, had blades that were colored either blue (for the Jedi) or red (for the Sith). Most probably to show who was good and who was bad (like the White vs. Black hats of the old cowboy films!).

In Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker's newly-constructed lightsaber was colored blue during the initial editing of the film, and appears so in both an early movie trailer and the official theatrical posters, but the film reveals that it was ultimately colored green in order to better stand out against the blue sky of Tatooine in outdoor scenes and also in the re-release posters. So the green was there just because blue was not visible against the blue backdrop.

And, from there, green would later become one of the standard blade colors for Jedi lightsabers in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. So, blue and green as "good".

Mace Windu's amethyst-bladed lightsaber, as first seen in Attack of the Clones, was requested by the actor Samuel L. Jackson as a way to make his character stand out among other Jedi. Jackson's favorite color is purple and he frequently requests that the characters he plays use an item of that color.

A multitude of blade colors appear in the Expanded Universe and in other Star Wars products. The original Kenner figure of Luke Skywalker in his Tatooine costume from Star Wars was released with a yellow-bladed lightsaber. While no yellow-bladed or purple-bladed lightsabers appear in the films before 2002, they have appeared in several computer games, such as Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, The Force Unleashed, Star Wars Galaxies and Jedi Academy. The Knights of the Old Republic video games further expand the number of colors, adding cyan, viridian, violet, silver, and orange.

Spymaster, could you please tell us a name of the server you play on, so we can all see those thousands of Jedi Knights using red crystals.

As a Sith I should use red, but it's extremely rare so how can I get one? Can't use any other colors because it's gamebreaking and against lore. RP'ing isn't easy.

Spymaster, could you please tell us a name of the server you play on, so we can all see those thousands of Jedi Knights using red crystals.

As a Sith I should use red, but it's extremely rare so how can I get one? Can't use any other colors because it's gamebreaking and against lore. RP'ing isn't easy.

Red crystals aren't "rare". Infact, I think many Sith just use it because it's extremely easy to get on Korriban.

That is not necessarily the case.

A dark Jedi is a Jedi who uses the dark side of the force. Now I do agree that by definition they are no longer Jedi in the strictest sense, but that doesn't mean they automatically join the Sith. They could simply disagree with Jedi principles (specifically against love and emotions) and walk their own path. They could still believe in the Republic, but use radical (and often hypocritical) methods to keep it safe. A Jedi who takes no prisoners, ruthlessly and mercilessly butchers the enemies of the Republic, and can still work with Jedi (no desire to bring down the Order) is not a Jedi, but not Sith either.

I think there should be some kind of mechanic in a future expansion (perhaps Chapter IV) where you can either separate yourself from the order (Jedi or Sith) and become afilliated with no one, or straight up switch sides (or stay loyal obviously). Introduce 3 different quest lines for individuals who stay true to their side (same side same alignment), become a rogue agent but still loyal to their side (same side opposite alignment), or defect to the other side (opposite side opposite alignment). It would be interesting to see my light side inquisitor defect to the republic.

Basically I think there should be consequences for a jedi becoming darkside. either the order kicks them and they are on their own (but still Republic) or they go Sith.

I dont think that they should be kicked (I think we should just congratulate Bioware for making an awesome game lol) by the way this a quote from page 38 or 39

Red crystals aren't "rare". Infact, I think many Sith just use it because it's extremely easy to get on Korriban.

Korriban has the most red crystals in the galaxy. Which ,spymaster ,may be why jedi have red because they owned korriban for a time and harvested alot of RED crystals there. Hope that helps.

Edited by LordMaximum

There's no limitations on what colors Jedi use. Mace, the bad mother****er, Windu, had a purple lightsaber, which means walking the line between Light and Dark (according to lore).

My Sith Juggernaut has a blue lightsaber, and my Sentinel has blue lightsabers, but prefers yellow, because yellow symbolizes the Sentinel (again, according to lore).

It all comes down to preference. And I prefer to not be a dick about the colors people like.

No beer goggles on this guy LOL!!!

I have only once seen a jedi who wielded two lightsabers; red and blue. Not like I care what color sabers people there have. But I do understand where the OP is coming from, jedi with red lightsabers doesn't fit.

But then again, I remember reading somewhere that some jedi said: "Just because someone is wielding a crimson lightsaber it doesn't mean that person is a sith."

I have only once seen a jedi who wielded two lightsabers; red and blue. Not like I care what color sabers people there have. But I do understand where the OP is coming from, jedi with red lightsabers doesn't fit.

But then again, I remember reading somewhere that some jedi said: "Just because someone is wielding a crimson lightsaber it doesn't mean that person is a sith."

No, it just means that they're either dark or neutral.

I honestly don't understand why so many people have such a big draw to dark side actions. So many people want to be evil, be the bad guy. I don't get the fascination with it. But, it's just something you'll have to deal with. People like to be bad guys. So expect to see red sabers, a lot, forever... especially on PvP servers.

From what I've read the Sith's red crystals are synthethic- and often made by the Sith-apprentices while constructing their lightsabers. The drawback is that they apperantly lose power/focus after a period of time compared to natural crystall's.

Anyway as a proper Darkside Sith I only need/want a red blade. :ph_cheers::sy_empire: Lord-Reyeja Kâli.