Gearing up for fresh level 50s

Wolten

In fact, even with the expertise stat on the PVP gear taking up itemization, the Champion pieces are BETTER THAN the gear found in normal mode operations (normal mode is considered "tier 1" and its the same as rarer drops in Hardmode flashpoints, hardmode is "tier 2" and nightmare mode is "tier 3". Nightmare mode is equivalent to battlemaster gear).

Alright, I first read this post and took it at as gospel. I am now researching this further, and either PvE gear got a massive buff recently I missed, the pvp gear took a major nerf, or I just have to call shenanighans on this assertion.

Please somebody straighten me out if I am incorrect, but the primary stats on even the 126 Tionese gear blow away even Battlemaster gear.

For example:

tionese-force-masters-sash

vs

battlemaster-force-masters-sash

The 126 Tionese willpower (83) dwarfs the Battlemaster willpower (71).

Sure the secondary stats on the pvp pieces are nicer (if you omit the expertise), but I am baffled by the reasoning why anybody would suggest any of the pvp pieces are superior than the normal mode op gear for pve.

The only sense I can make from this statement is the Tionese Tier Gear, which is purchaseable from Tionese tokens/commendations that drop from every normal mode boss is in fact inferior to the Champion PvP gear, but all the columni token drops and loot drops from (for example) Eternity Vault seem far better than even the Battlemaster Gear.

Somebody care to shine some light on this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.) Crafting

Unfortunately, the highest levels of crafted gear is slightly lower than the highest levels of gear found through the dailies. By slightly, I mean by 3-4 stat points total. So if your a crafter, you can probably make yourself some really nice gear by reverse engineering greens to blues, and blues to purples. I wouldn't rely on this though, because unfortunately, its not reliable which patterns you'll get and due to the ease of dailies makes this sort of a waste of resources that could be sold or put to better use. The "Rakata" gear is made from Alloy, which is only dropped from final bosses in hardmode flashpoints. Crafting gear is an option.

:mad:

Just to say, crafting is worth the effort...:

Well, 6th character and I decided to go the crafting route, armortech, by the time I got to Lvl 50, half my armour was tier 126 purple (equippable at lvl 49). Now doing daily hardmodes without a problem, and will probably be making rakata tier 140 secondary gear myself within a week (faster than grinding tokens...)

By the way, crafters can get Rakata gear BEFORE anyone else, non-crafters have long slow token grind to get any tier 140 gear.

Quick list of the usual moans and groans I here about crafting :

What about the stuff i can't craft ?

Buy them, at least on my server, galactic market prices are VERY accessible

Crafting takes forever to level !

False, just went from zero knowledge to lvl 49/50 epic crafting in one week. In fact crafting is too easy.

Crafting is expensive !

False, When you unlock epic lvl 49 recipes they can sell for anywhere between 15 and 150k credits depending on your server.

Also, crafted items are cheaper to repair than token reward items.

Summary

"waste of resources?" Save yourself the tedium of repeating daily quests endlessly on your own on Ilum or Belsavis, and get crafting:D

Edited by Mokkat

Alright, I first read this post and took it at as gospel. I am now researching this further, and either PvE gear got a massive buff recently I missed, the pvp gear took a major nerf, or I just have to call shenanighans on this assertion.

Please somebody straighten me out if I am incorrect, but the primary stats on even the 126 Tionese gear blow away even Battlemaster gear.

For example:

tionese-force-masters-sash

vs

battlemaster-force-masters-sash

The 126 Tionese willpower (83) dwarfs the Battlemaster willpower (71).

Sure the secondary stats on the pvp pieces are nicer (if you omit the expertise), but I am baffled by the reasoning why anybody would suggest any of the pvp pieces are superior than the normal mode op gear for pve.

The only sense I can make from this statement is the Tionese Tier Gear, which is purchaseable from Tionese tokens/commendations that drop from every normal mode boss is in fact inferior to the Champion PvP gear, but all the columni token drops and loot drops from (for example) Eternity Vault seem far better than even the Battlemaster Gear.

Somebody care to shine some light on this?

your right, pvp gear is good for pvp, pve gear for pve ; it's that simple. I think initial post is really good and comprehensive, but it could do with a little tweaking.

Yes, I will need to update quite a bit of the OP when I get a chance. As for PVP gear being equivolent-to-better-than PVE gear, I was more referring to the gear per time invested. I wrote the guide in the mind-frame of "I want to get ready to raid as fastest as possible.

Since I wrote that, they overhauled the way the PVP gear bags work, and buffed the PVE gear accumulation by like 5 TIMES.

They also fixed the ratings on craftable rakata gear, so I'll have to update that paragraph.

I'll get to it when I get a chance.

Is there a list of the PvE dailies around someplace? I've only found a couple each on Belsavis and Ilum.

Only those two planets. Ilum has 6 (1 Heroic 2) and Belsavis has 11 (2 Heroic 4, 1 Heroic 2). You can also do the last space mission quest (Impossible Sector for Republic) to get 2 Daily Coms.

In terms of PvE

Rakata > Columi > Battlemaster/Champion > Tionese/Energized/Xenotech > Centurion

Crafted purples can fit in everywhere, though it's often debated if they can be better than Columi gear.

The main thing is that it's relatively easy to Cent/Champ gear and can be done entirely solo (queue).

Edited by GenericallyNamed

This was very helpful. Thanks. Do have any plans to maybe add on to the original post with a section about the advanced commendations and currencies needed to purchase some of this gear. For example the Columni commendations and Tionese crystals and how they're acquired. This is helpful, but still a bit confused on all the different types of lvl 50 currency.

/bumping OP, great post!

This was very helpful. Thanks. Do have any plans to maybe add on to the original post with a section about the advanced commendations and currencies needed to purchase some of this gear. For example the Columni commendations and Tionese crystals and how they're acquired. This is helpful, but still a bit confused on all the different types of lvl 50 currency.

+1 to this request as well, if anyone has the time and knowledge.

Edited by rosowski

Tionese Crystals are acquired by killing bosses in Hard Mode Flash Points, Normal Operations, and maybe HM/NM Operations. Make sure you personally loot every boss body to receive them.

Tionese Commendations are rewarded for completing HM FPs (Only 1 per) and completing the Daily Quest for HM FP and the Weekly quest for HM FP, Norm Ops, and HM Ops.

Columi Crystals only come from the Daily/Weekly quests.

Really useful, thank you. Just one noob question: what kind of gear I need to tank HM flashpoints (and how I gain access to hm)? Also I have a decent tanking experience in WoW and I tanked all swtor normal flashpoints on my first run on the game without any problem (got a juggie)... can I do the same for hms or I need some dps practice? Thank you in advance.