I Am So Tired Of Your Stupid, Stupid PvP...

Darth_Eclipses

Let me count the ways:

- RNG Gear system: I'm halfway to rank 59 and I still don't have a full champ set.

- Open World PvP is a sad, pathetic diseased puppy that's so pitiful you can't even bring yourself to put it down. Thanks for making the primary form of PvP on PvP Servers experienced through queuing for warzones! While we're at it, thanks for making the only (serious) form of PvP progression gained through queuing for warzones! You were lying out of your *** Zoeller when you said we could earn rewards through either - but that's ok because I'm a biodrone and love how you'tell-it-like-it-is!'

- Sucky Engine: Even if your game design supported open world PvP, the game itself wouldn't allow it - put 20 people on the screen doing anything and your game, i.e. fps and combat responsiveness - falls to pieces.

- Merc Commendations: An obvious and blatant time sink grind that's utterly useless. Why in the hell are we even allowed to trade these back for Warzone commendations? What was your design plan here?

- No PvP gear differentiation: So what the **** were you bragging about in all of those interviews saying how you have walls and walls and walls filled with different outfits and designs? You guys are morons.

- CC Overload: "I'm 10ft from the goal line! I'm going to score and even the match for my team!"

*takes a step* STUN!

*Uses 2min cc break* STUN!

*waits 4 secs then tries to move* ROOT!

*Cleanse - shield, Heal* ROOT, INTERRUPT, SLOW!

*Cleanse - Pop PvP heal - literally on the goal line steps* GRAPPLED INTO FIRE! Dead!

*Rezzes to watch resolve bar draining over character portrait with a growing yet sinking feeling of utter disdain for TOR*

OR (and this is my favorite)

"I'm guarding the right turret by myself. They're hitting mid with everything they've got and we need everyone else there."

*Waiting expectantly, ready to call inc!* MINDTRAP

*AHA! There's a shadow nearby! I'm going to wait to use my break until they de-stealth and try and take the point then dot them* Extremely short fight - VANISH - DOT DOESN'T BREAK STEALTH

*I know they're here somewhere so I call inc* MINDTRAP - FULL RESOLVE - CC BREAK DOWN, CAPS POINT BECAUSE THERE ARE PVP MEZZES (even AOE ones) IN THIS GAME THAT LAST LONG ENOUGH TO TAKE ENTIRE OBJ

While we're on the subject of CC. Let's stop a second and talk about how your resolve system is utterly and totally borked. At times I will be able to Electrocute a player, and their resolve won't fill, allowing me to whirlwind/knockback them again after - and other times I can Electrocute a 0/1000 resolve player and their meter will go to full instantly.

MY *********** GOD WHICH THE HELL IS IT?!!!! Pick ONE and STAY with it! Either one stun gives full resolve or it doesn't!

Where was I?

- Valor/Medal System for healers: Did any of you playtest this? It's k, no need to answer...we already know what it is.

- Oh and Here's a BIG one - VISUAL UNRESPONSIVENESS: I'm not quite sure what the technical details behind this one are, but it's HUGE and it's ANNOYING! You see a player running over a fire pit and want to make him pay for his folly with a stun?

WRONG! With you scratching your head wondering why he takes no dmg, then 2 seconds later appears on the other side of the fire trap, out of harms way. Or how about this, constantly watching players on edges (which huttball has a ton of) fall/knocked off them only to have them appear on the edge again in 2 seconds!

Or how about being unable to effectively hunt/heal/protect/whatever ballcarriers or other players in WZs because to you they're rubberbanding in place but in reality 50m away?

- Ilum Bugs: So I just killed this Jedi for the first time today 1v1 and got no valor whatsoever. Now multiple that times 15. Good times.

- Getting to 8 Seconds only to get interrupted: What the timer NEEDS to say is 8.5 seconds. Because that's how long it *really* takes.

Your PvP is a sad, pathetic JOKE and is entirely frustrating to engage in for any elongated length of time.

In short: Yes this is a qq post, yes I'm frustrated, pissed off and angry. No I am not quitting (today) and No you can't have my stuff.

Edited by Darth_Eclipses

L2play

On a serios note, its an MMO, tweaking gameplay and performance really doesnt kick in for about 6 months, sorry your too compulsive to wait.

Oh and srry u dont have FULL SHINY PURPLES 1 month into the game, how are you dealing with this OMGWTFBBQ debacle.

Edited by Izola

I couldn't even imagine pvp in this game not be a stealth class, I would have quit long time ago if I had picked anything but.

Interrupts.. are they ever going to work? I'm sick and tired of watching healers go to full when I know for a fact I caught them with an interrupt.. and omg nothing.

Who are these mysterious spotters in Ilum? I'd like to know so I can kill them, what the hell was the point here? And locating armaments in only central was a nice way to herd in republic cattle for the slaughter, another sad joke.

Light armor is useless against anything, may as well not even wear it.

After all the so called beta testing you would think much of this would have been reported and fixed.

However, all MMO companies are guilty of taking the short cut of relying on outside testers to provide honest input and it just does not happen.

More often than not, people beta test so that when the games comes out they know how to exploit the system.

IMHO

L2play

On a serios note, its an MMO, tweaking gameplay and performance really doesnt kick in for about 6 months, sorry your to compulsive to wait.

Oh and srry u dont have FULL SHINY PURPLES 1 month into the game, how are you dealing with this OMGWTFBBQ debacle.

I actually am in all purples tool. I don't mind a pvp gear grind. An RNG system isn't a grind, it's idiotic.

this isnt a troll post, this is someone who has clearly thought out, and clearly expressed, the reasons why this game is bothering him. You sir, are the troll. He has made several valid points, and I dare say if you don't agree with them.. move on. Unless you're a dev, this isn't your battle. I have nothing but /cheers for the OP as I feel many of the same frustrations.

Roots not being on resolve is pretty silly imo. However resolve immune ball runners can be annoying.

roots not being on resolve is silly yea i agree, but resolve immune ball runners is only the teams fault.. dont just look at the ball runner and cc him, get to a good advantage point and use a strategy to knock him down, but seeing as how your innverse id say you have no problem at that.

my main point was healing isnt to OP dps isnt to OP people cry on these forums and i've never expirienced any of these problems as a merc healer.

After all the so called beta testing you would think much of this would have been reported and fixed.

However, all MMO companies are guilty of taking the short cut of relying on outside testers to provide honest input and it just does not happen.

More often than not, people beta test so that when the games comes out they know how to exploit the system.

IMHO

Nice post sir, but you're wrong.

We DID beta test! We tested the **** out of TOR. Want to know what happened?

Essentially Ohlen and Zoeller told us that our feedback didn't matter. Even though they read it and acknowledged it, it was useless to them because they had the almighty all-powerful metrics. Apparently those metrics couldn't tell them they were building a sham of a pvp system - but there ya go.

Maybe dont invest so much time into a game you dont like or dont care to shape into something better.

OP is a new school hater that is on his smart phone all day cept to stare at TOR pixels and is enraged with his life, can you blame him?

Edited by Izola

Let me count the ways:

- RNG Gear system: I'm halfway to rank 59 and I still don't have a full champ set.

- Open World PvP is a sad, pathetic diseased puppy that's so pitiful you can't even bring yourself to put it down. Thanks for making the primary form of PvP on PvP Servers experienced through queuing for warzones! While we're at it, thanks for making the only (serious) form of PvP progression gained through queuing for warzones! You were lying out of your *** Zoeller when you said we could earn rewards through either - but that's ok because I'm a biodrone and love how you'tell-it-like-it-is!'

- Sucky Engine: Even if your game design supported open world PvP, the game itself wouldn't allow it - put 20 people on the screen doing anything and your game, i.e. fps and combat responsiveness - falls to pieces.

- Merc Commendations: An obvious and blatant time sink grind that's utterly useless. Why in the hell are we even allowed to trade these back for Warzone commendations? What was your design plan here?

- No PvP gear differentiation: So what the **** were you bragging about in all of those interviews saying how you have walls and walls and walls filled with different outfits and designs? You guys are morons.

- CC Overload: "I'm 10ft from the goal line! I'm going to score and even the match for my team!"

*takes a step* STUN!

*Cleanse - Pop PvP heal - literally on the goal line steps* GRAPPLED INTO FIRE! Dead!

*Rezzes to watch resolve bar draining over character portrait with a growing yet sinking feeling of utter disdain for TOR*

"I'm guarding the right turret by myself. They're hitting mid with everything they've got and we need everyone else there."

*AHA! There's a shadow nearby! I'm going to wait to use my break until they de-stealth and try and take the point then dot them* Extremely short fight - VANISH - DOT DOESN'T BREAK STEALTH

*I know they're here somewhere so I call inc* MINDTRAP - FULL RESOLVE - CC BREAK DOWN, CAPS POINT BECAUSE THERE ARE PVP MEZZES (even AOE ones) IN THIS GAME THAT LAST LONG ENOUGH TO TAKE ENTIRE OBJ

While we're on the subject of CC. Let's stop a second and talk about how your resolve system is utterly and totally borked. At times I will be able to Electrocute a player, and their resolve won't fill, allowing me to whirlwind/knockback them again after - and other times I can Electrocute a 0/1000 resolve player and their meter will go to full instantly.

MY *********** GOD WHICH THE HELL IS IT?!!!! Pick ONE and STAY with it! Either one stun gives full resolve or it doesn't!

Where was I?

- Valor/Medal System for healers: Did any of you playtest this? It's k, no need to answer...we already know what it is.

- Oh and Here's a BIG one - VISUAL UNRESPONSIVENESS: I'm not quite sure what the technical details behind this one are, but it's HUGE and it's ANNOYING! You see a player running over a fire pit and want to make him pay for his folly with a stun?

WRONG! With you scratching your head wondering why he takes no dmg, then 2 seconds later appears on the other side of the fire trap, out of harms way. Or how about this, constantly watching players on edges (which huttball has a ton of) fall/knocked off them only to have them appear on the edge again in 2 seconds!

Or how about being unable to effectively hunt/heal/protect/whatever ballcarriers or other players in WZs because to you they're rubberbanding in place but in reality 50m away?

- Ilum Bugs: So I just killed this Jedi for the first time today 1v1 and got no valor whatsoever. Now multiple that times 15. Good times.

Your PvP is a sad, pathetic JOKE and is entirely frustrating to engage in for any elongated length of time.

In short: Yes this is a qq post, yes I'm frustrated, pissed off and angry. No I am not quitting (today) and No you can't have my stuff.

I skipped half of what you typed here due to the lack of it being constructive.

There are plenty of ways to get your point across without whining.

Maybe dont invest so much time into a game you dont like or dont care to shape into something better.

OP is a new school hater that is on his smart phone all day cept to stare at TOR pixels and is enraged with his life, can you blame him?

troll.

where is admin control when you need it.

roots not being on resolve is silly yea i agree, but resolve immune ball runners is only the teams fault.. dont just look at the ball runner and cc him, get to a good advantage point and use a strategy to knock him down, but seeing as how your innverse id say you have no problem at that.

my main point was healing isnt to OP dps isnt to OP people cry on these forums and i've never expirienced any of these problems as a merc healer.

Where in my post was I claiming about classes being OP? It isn't there, at all.

As far as resolve immune ball carriers? The most annoying thing about that is when you ARE a competent PvP player, so you save your stun for the firepit, but alas when you DO stun them - the game's visual unresponsiveness showed them in the center of the fire pit but 2 seconds later they flash to the other side.

This stuff ruins matches - it aggravates players, it causes them to quit and unsub.

I was in the longterm beta test and basically everything described in this thread and tons of others was reported in the beta over and over again.

BioWare's PvP team ignored the crap out of every valuable feedback that was given LONG before the game was released.

Edited by Berinima

Anyone else get so tired of reading the same post over and over and over?

Dude CHILL OUT.

If you actually want to do something constructive quit your complaining and bring something construcvite to the table.

If you think your such a perfect snowflake then make your own MMO and try to make millions of people happy all at the same time.

<insert super-funny-witty-sarcastic-troll-l2p-fanboi-comment-here>

...actually, you are right. :(

Currently, PvP is pretty brutal. But on the brightside, it is getting better. Of course, what we had prior was beyond garbage so there is no way to go but up. I'm going to stick with it for a bit longer to see if they can right the ship. I still like being a Jedi.

I was in the longterm beta test and basically everything described in this thread and tons of others was reported in the beta over and over again.

BioWare's PvP team ignored the crap out of every valuable feedback that was given LONG before the game was released.

Perhaps because the feedback wasn't all that valuable? Just because YOU think it's how things should be doesn't mean the collective does.

Ur in all purplez my friend and u sacked a lot of time and u miss social life so bioware is bad company cuz 1 month old mmo is not perfect wat do??

Do you know how EASY it is to get purple gear in TOR?

This is completely unrelated to my OP but the itemization in TOR is horrid. There are merely 3 tiers of gear in TOR for PvE and PvP, all incredibly easy to get, that all look alike and once you get T2: Columi/Champion, the T3 stuff: Rakata/Battlemaster isn't a very huge stat boost.

You really don't know what you're talking about so you choose to defend BW (a company that really doesn't care about you personally) and you choose to attack me personally (saying I have no life and attacking my social life).

You are the epitome of gentlemenship and I applaud you good sir.

Edited by Darth_Eclipses

I have had the same thoughts as the OP.

PvP in this game sucks.

Obvious class balance aside... the bag system is retarded, and the ability delay / response (i play a marauder) is the worst ive seen in any MMO.

Not to mention, to me, there just seems like next to zero thought went into designing the pvp gearing progression AND the warzone maps we progress on.

Hutball map? cmon..

But you do not need me to tell you that. See what they did to Illum?

The summary of my day.

I'm a fresh 50 on republic, 31 valor, 3 champ and 1 centurion piece.

I play mmorpg FOR THE PVP. I do not care about flashpoints and epic loot, so pvp is my endgame.

I log in and get the two dailies, ilum and warzones.

No need to elaborate on Ilum. Let's just say it takes 1 hour of base-camping (our base obviously) to gett he 30 kills in an exciting blob vs blob at 10 fps.

With this garbage done, I relog because my not-too-recent but above average PC is about to explode.

Then it's warzones, to get the second daily done.

Obvious premise: republic player without a premade wins about 1 in 3 warzones vs over-geared teenage zergtards, so we already start from a solid base of frustration.

First win, quest doesn't update.

THREE ties in a row are registered as a defeat.

Over half of the warzone I played today was 6 or 7 vs 8.

Final result: 3 bags, 9 commendations, zero pieces of equipment.

Basically, at this moment, my PvP experience consists of "get the reward asap and go do something else, because the entire experience is so *********** awful, from every possible point of view".

I usually don't whine or rage around the forums.

I simply quit and stop throwing away my money.

I REALLY had big hopes for this game, but I play mmorpgs for the pvp, not giving a **** about the super-awesome endgame flashpoints.

In the current state, I can't possibly see myself playing this thing for more than two months.

Get your head out of your back orifice and start fixing the basic issues I'd have expected from some amateurs in 2003, not from EA+BIoware in *********** 2011.

Perhaps because the feedback wasn't all that valuable? Just because YOU think it's how things should be doesn't mean the collective does.

So... You like the 2 hour queue time for warzones? You like the non-existing open world pvp? You like the three-warzone-grind for random bag PvP gear? You like the absence of diminishing returns and the resolve system? You like the imbalanced servers? You like the fact that the mirror classes aren't exactly mirrored?

The list goes on and on. But maybe you're right and this is next-gen-pvp how it should be.

Let me count the ways:

*takes a step* STUN!

Where was I?

- Getting to 8 Seconds only to get interrupted: What the timer NEEDS to say is 8.5 seconds. Because that's how long it *really* takes.

+5 Agreed entirely.