Were the Doomsayers Correct?

Wynternight

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't notice much of a difference - but I also avoid the fleet like the plague until I absolutely have no choice.

Oh, and PLEASE, let's keep arguing over the two days, reminds me of my kids and I can refer back here when I miss them while working....

/endsarcasm

Today is the first day of paid subs, no more 30 day free play. Has the game population dropped by 75% like one genius said it would? Are the cries of DOOOOOOOM being born out by mass quitting and ghost town servers?

I'm thinking not.

If they were referring to 75% of the 5% of whiners on the forums, then they might be right in that regard, but in terms of the other 95% of the playerbase who isn't whining ont he forums, then no. I would actually say populations have risen since then, because I have 300+ people on fleet at primetime.

XFire can give a rough depiction of trends. SWTOR hasn't seen any drastic dip in populations except when the game is offline due to patching.

Pretty much. Have not seen noticable declines in either server I play on.

And on the server I play Imperial, it remains over crowded on both sides.

On the server I play Republic (which was a launch day server) it's just about right.

Today is the first day of paid subs, no more 30 day free play. Has the game population dropped by 75% like one genius said it would? Are the cries of DOOOOOOOM being born out by mass quitting and ghost town servers?

I'm thinking not.

Oh, bads.

I think the people who unsubbed, like me, weren't playing up until the very last day possible. being that most of us who unsubbed didnt find the game very fun, there's little reason why we would keep playing for no reason up until the moment we couldn't. So not having a sudden drop off in population doesn't mean that TORs population is any better. A more gradual drop off shouldn't be a reassuring fact to the "non-doomsayers" either. You have to look at this thing long term. Keep watching over the next few weeks/months and then come back and make conclusions.

Even though i unsubbed, I still want this game to succeed. I wan't to come back eventually. It's just right now I don't have enough fun to justify the monthly fee. Sorry. Also I thought I wouldn't be able to post without a sub? Just tried to log on ingame and I can't. /shrug.

Edited by Sharma

Kaas City-Republic Side

Havent noticed anything different...Every Planet Ive been to has had atleast 50 people on thru out the day.

Kaas City is a fine server, I play on the Imperial side and we out number the Republic about 2:1 maybe slightly higher.

Haven't seen much of a drop on Canderous Ordo at all. Maybe 10% tops. I never expected there to be much of a drop off anyway. Everybody I know has really been enjoying the game. Plus I bet the majority of the people who left are the people who weren't playing much to begin with because they were unhappy. Which means you wouldn't have much of an effect on server pops ;) Edited by DarrkLore

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

Would suggest over the past 2 weeks the server fall load has dropped 30%, although I'm sure the counter argument of BW changing the server load will be used here.

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

The Earth is flat. Although I'm sure the counter argument of photos of Earth from space will be used here.

3 days ago you mean>?

Bloodworthy dosnt seem to have been touched by leavers granted there will be some but it hit 300 on fleet last night in peak

Pretty decent numbers

higher pop servers will grow.

But the lower pop ones are suffering, people are migrating to higher pop ones, esp on the republic side as its practically a ghost town.

Soon the choice will be: High pop semi-balanced (or at least not totally unbalanced) OR med pop only empire.