Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

another example btw of why Bioware should envoke mass layoffs in the Customer service dept.

Worst i have ever seen for any game, heck any product

Love the game but communication is beyond poor. if i get one more canned response ill puke.

Let me use a gaming term they may understand: your doing it wrong

Edited by vrgadin

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be presented with her companion quest after you finish Nar Shaddaa. The quest is called "The Defector". Upon completing that quest (which takes place on an asteroid that you fly to), you will talk with her in your ship.

During THAT very conversation, the safest thing to do (even in light of the recent patch) is to avoid the [Flirt] option you see that has dark-side points attached to it.

my flirt option had no points associated with it either direction. i know because i did it and never do anything that grants darkside points. i'm currently light 3 with zero darkside points. so this is not the bug.

my flirt option had no points associated with it either direction. i know because i did it and never do anything that grants darkside points. i'm currently light 3 with zero darkside points. so this is not the bug.

Interesting. The only flirt option that I received had dark points associated with it. And this was the conversation that happens right before you go visit the council with Kira back on Tython. Ever since, there has been no companion interaction whatsoever.

So, at least for me, flirting with Kira was what shut her down at that specific point, since the dark-side [Flirt] was the only one that I ever saw. I, too, "know because I did it".

Edited by Deelmackey

Well...i lvl'd a guardian in beta and was lucky enough not to run into this. unfortunately, eventhough i made all the exact same choices this time around, i got the bug. i'm lvl 35, on quesh, have 6k affection, and she hasnt said a word to me. kira died a few minutes ago for me, and above her avatar i got a ray of hope. the bubble stating she wants to talk to me on my ship showed up. i stopped in the middle of all my quests and hightailed it back to my ship. of course when i got there....nothing. couldnt talk to her. it really would be nice, after this problem being around 6 months ago while i was in beta....if we could get some communication about it. it's getting to be ridiculous.

I cannot recall what page it was on in this forum but the issue with the icon being there then going away when on ship is something seperate

"Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for eight hours on January 4th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET. All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.

[...]

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Wednesday, January 4th, 2012

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) to 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET)

All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™."

Hope they'll fix it at least then... Four more days without playing is okay, but one more week or two would be really annoying T_T

Hope they'll fix it at least then... Four more days without playing is okay, but one more week or two would be really annoying T_T

Would love to know 100% from Bioware that they will fix Kira for us, i would not survive another false hope.

wait, i'm confused at all the people saying 'GRAHHH, STILL NO WORD FROM BIOWARE"

um...they said that they were going to work on it, and that they were still working on it after the patch

do you just want them to say "we're working on it" 10 times in a row? I'm pissed off over this, but you guys are actually infuriating me more than bioware

wait, i'm confused at all the people saying 'GRAHHH, STILL NO WORD FROM BIOWARE"

um...they said that they were going to work on it, and that they were still working on it after the patch

do you just want them to say "we're working on it" 10 times in a row? I'm pissed off over this, but you guys are actually infuriating me more than bioware

What we want is a "yes, it will be fixed in the upcoming patch" or even a "we have no idea what's wrong, reroll your characters."

They were "working on it" before, the patch came and went...we're all still bugged. Wake up, open your eyes, and realize that we're all still in the dark.

Edited by SidisAran

Well, I'm at lvl 46, have over 6.5k of Kira affection, and have had no more interaction with her since the "Flirt".

I have submitted multiple tickets to support, but all ever got in reply, was "Thank you for notifying us".

Is there any way to get an actual person ingame to at least reply to the tickets?

I really would hate to re-roll, especially since I'm almost to 50, and I continued questing entirely because of the patch notes that there was a fix.

I don't want to have to get all of the dialogue options all at once, but if I have to, then fine.

That's it, I'm done ranting...

Hm, i just figured out why BW cant fix Kira. Seems like when we asked them to fix her, dialogue option in our conversation with Bioware bugged and whenever we ask them, they just keep silent and saying same useless sentence, just like Kira in game ("If I had something to say I'd say it. You know me"), ah, that makes sense. :mad:

Ok this is aggravating. I am nervous that in the Jedi Guardians MAIN quest, Kira will have some romance specific dialog that I might miss. I am level 48/49 and I want to hit 50, but I don't want to miss even one special dialog session at all. This is really making me furious.

BioWare at least communicate with us and let us know when we can expect a fix, give us that much at least. We are paying you money for this, it would be good to keep the communication lines open. And not just the "thanks for letting us know, we're working on it" variety, more like the "We're working on it and we're expecting it to be in the next patch this coming week" OR "we are working on it, but it may take WEEKS before we find it."

This way we all can plan our game time around it.

Give us this much BioWare, its not like we're asking for a lot here.

Ok this is aggravating. I am nervous that in the Jedi Guardians MAIN quest, Kira will have some romance specific dialog that I might miss. I am level 48/49 and I want to hit 50, but I don't want to miss even one special dialog session at all. This is really making me furious.

BioWare at least communicate with us and let us know when we can expect a fix, give us that much at least. We are paying you money for this, it would be good to keep the communication lines open. And not just the "thanks for letting us know, we're working on it" variety, more like the "We're working on it and we're expecting it to be in the next patch this coming week" OR "we are working on it, but it may take WEEKS before we find it."

This way we all can plan our game time around it.

Give us this much BioWare, its not like we're asking for a lot here.

I agree on this one. I won't be playing my Knight until I get an answer on this, I just wish they could give us an approximate ETA.

It is (allegedly) fixed for anyone that hasn't done the quest yet. To be completely safe you can avoid using the Dark Side/Flirt option on the mission "The Defector."

On another note, I've been a diehard Bioware fanboy for as long as I can remember, but this is passing into the realm of the utterly pathetic.

Very nice, new patch and no fix for Kira for players who got "infected"...i dont even know how to react to such treason.

I do... I'm going to delete my lvl 33 Guardian and reroll... I think I'll get those levels back sooner than BW starts communicating. Thank you Bioware, thank you sooo much...

I do... I'm going to delete my lvl 33 Guardian and reroll... I think I'll get those levels back sooner than BW starts communicating. Thank you Bioware, thank you sooo much...

The only way to hit Bioware where it hurts would be to take the money away. The rest of the game appears to be in place though, so I doubt that's actually an option for many of us.

To quote Cher: If I could turn back time, I'd wait six months to buy The Old Republic.

Current situation with Kira is a total disaster. And somehow, i got a bad feeling that BW will ignore this issue forever(New Chars wont get infected anyway, so who cares?), until all who were infected with this bug will re-roll or will abandon JK and play other class. I want to be wrong about that, but their strange and empty answer along with new patch that does nothing for Kira made me think about that in a dark light.