Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

Ok well apparently after you kill her brother there was a glitch I have full affection with Kira and I want to romance her but this but when I chose to flirt with her on after I killed her brother the patch was not fixed should I be worried? http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Kira_Carsen

If you chose the Dark Side flirt, and you did so before the patch, yes, you're most probably bugged like the rest of us. Until BioWare fixes it, we won't be romancing Kira unless you reroll your Jedi Knight, and let's face it, we don't do that kind of stuff.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you chose the Dark Side flirt, and you did so before the patch, yes, you're most probably bugged like the rest of us. Until BioWare fixes it, we won't be romancing Kira unless you reroll your Jedi Knight, and let's face it, we don't do that kind of stuff.

My thoughts exactly PLEASE BIO WARE I WANT TO BE IN A REALTION SHIP WITH KIRA AND THE PATH HASENT HELPED!!!!!! At least as I am concerned it did not help, I have just entered belsavis and I have full affectios with Kira PLEASE!!!!!! HELP BIOWARE!!

I have selected the correct conversation options and have kissed Kira. Now I am getting a message that she wants to speak with me on my ship at random times but then it disappears. When I go back to my ship I do not have an conversation icon. Is this part of the glitch? Or is this because my affection isn't high enough yet? ( A little under 5000 )

Sounds the same as what I am experiencing. I have affection at around 6700 at the moment. I'm currently on Alderaan. When I have been running around and Kira has decided to fight mobs on her own causing us to get separated then I have seen the message saying that she wants to talk when we get back on the ship but when we are there she doesn't. I didn't choose any dark side options during conversations.

I have selected the correct conversation options and have kissed Kira. Now I am getting a message that she wants to speak with me on my ship at random times but then it disappears. When I go back to my ship I do not have an conversation icon. Is this part of the glitch? Or is this because my affection isn't high enough yet? ( A little under 5000 )

i have the same thing and i have never gotten to talk to her in the ship. i get the icon, that says she wants to talk to me on the ship... nothing happens when i go there.

thats from the time i got her as companion to the time as of now (i have allmost 4k affection)

Edited by Platonius

just to re-iterate

I have a measley amount of affection with Kira atm, i had less than a thousand when i killed her brother, chose the lightside option and avoided that DS flirt, then carried on as normal, when to Jedi Council backed her up had another intercom exchange and selected the neutral flirt and didnt get an option for her to give me some tonsol action, so im going to assume its because my affection is still too low and the options / cutscene hasnt presented itself but will when i increase the affection would that accurate?

would like to know if so far i have not ballsed anything up

cheers

just to re-iterate

I have a measley amount of affection with Kira atm, i had less than a thousand when i killed her brother, chose the lightside option and avoided that DS flirt, then carried on as normal, when to Jedi Council backed her up had another intercom exchange and selected the neutral flirt and didnt get an option for her to give me some tonsol action, so im going to assume its because my affection is still too low and the options / cutscene hasnt presented itself but will when i increase the affection would that accurate?

would like to know if so far i have not ballsed anything up

cheers

I think I had affection at around 4000 mark when the brother thing happened. After that I think I had about 3 conversations immediately in a row with her (like there had been a backlog) but since then nothing. Just a flash of a message saying she wanted to talk when back on the ship.

T7 seems okay so far.

I think I had affection at around 4000 mark when the brother thing happened. After that I think I had about 3 conversations immediately in a row with her (like there had been a backlog) but since then nothing. Just a flash of a message saying she wanted to talk when back on the ship.

T7 seems okay so far.

Finish Act 1.

That icon on the companion portrait will randomly show up even though they don't have a conversation. That is a bug. The sure way to find out is to just right click on your companion and if they say they want to talk then...they do.

Finish Act 1.

That icon on the companion portrait will randomly show up even though they don't have a conversation. That is a bug. The sure way to find out is to just right click on your companion and if they say they want to talk then...they do.

Ah, okay :) Good to know. Thanks.

Patch Notes 12/29/2011

General

Adjusted the refresh rate for the game client server selection screen.

Made changes to help alleviate issues for players who were getting stuck on the loading screen.

While it is indeed important issue, i must say that it is a shame that they dont think Kira is important. To be honest, i have a feeling BW dont really care about fixing her. shame, shame, shame and to know about bug since beta, shame shame shame. :mad:

Alright so now its time to voice what I have to say. 10k aff just about lvl 50. Also bugged just like everyone else. I am at the point where I am ready to "demand" compensation. This is because I was sold a faulty product. This can not stand. I don't want to play anything else atm. I bought this game to play as a jedi and now I am stuck with this. This is not a underpower issue. This is a game bug that has been around and should have been fix before sale of game. You don't sell kids 3DS's that sometimes show 3D.

Alright so now its time to voice what I have to say. 10k aff just about lvl 50. Also bugged just like everyone else. I am at the point where I am ready to "demand" compensation. This is because I was sold a faulty product. This can not stand. I don't want to play anything else atm. I bought this game to play as a jedi and now I am stuck with this. This is not a underpower issue. This is a game bug that has been around and should have been fix before sale of game. You don't sell kids 3DS's that sometimes show 3D.

+1 i want refund!

I agree. I want them to fix Kira now. When I saw my Launcher started to patch, I unfortunately got my hopes up... but of course, no fix for Kira... It's been bugged since Beta, come on BioWare!!!

alright so now its time to voice what i have to say. 10k aff just about lvl 50. Also bugged just like everyone else. I am at the point where i am ready to "demand" compensation. This is because i was sold a faulty product. This can not stand. I don't want to play anything else atm. I bought this game to play as a jedi and now i am stuck with this. This is not a underpower issue. This is a game bug that has been around and should have been fix before sale of game. You don't sell kids 3ds's that sometimes show 3d.

+1 :(

This is poor business ethics right now. They need to offer something to the people who are not getting what they paid for. I play BIOWARE games because of story. Now my story is not working.

I am not complaining about other things. I am only complaining that I was offered this product as describe and I also was sold false information. This needs a fix. NOW. I am getting sick and tired of this crap.

AWESOME! Got the next jedi knight companion bug. Now the personal Quest of Doc is broken. Thread about this issue.

Hell I hate this. I bought this game because of the story and now I have the second companion who doesn't want to talk anymore? I'm so angry right now, I'm nearly level 50 and so many story-based things doesn't work, I love BW but this time they messed up big time.

If this won't get fixed very soon I gotta think about not cancelling my sub.

I agree. I want them to fix Kira now. When I saw my Launcher started to patch, I unfortunately got my hopes up... but of course, no fix for Kira... It's been bugged since Beta, come on BioWare!!!

yes, I was looking for this to be fixed at launch also. they need a way to allow those of us over a certian affection to reopen dialog and continue with her. I generally use only 3 comanions. the droid, kira and Dco. atm, its just Doc , but I really enjoyed her, however I dont want to put anymore effort into her if im not getting any farther with the story..

Yeah thinking of pulling my sub pretty soon, if this is their attitude towards major hiccups like this.

Like premiering a movie where a major side character is all pixelated the entire time.

I'm not sure I would go that far, as I really do like the game, but the farther I get the less I want to play because of this bug. Bioware please fix. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This issue sucks, but those of you crying up a storm about how unconscionable this is are just pathetic. The companion story SIDE quests are like 1% of this game. I particularly interesting part of the game, but tiny nonetheless. Has no effect on the rest of your class story. Move on with the rest of the game and you can finish the handful of tiny instanced quests that you get from companions whenever they fix it.

TLDR: ITT a bunch of pimply-faced nerds cry about their character not being able to bang out some NPC and that's somehow a major portion of the game for them.

This issue sucks, but those of you crying up a storm about how unconscionable this is are just pathetic. The companion story SIDE quests are like 1% of this game. I particularly interesting part of the game, but tiny nonetheless. Has no effect on the rest of your class story. Move on with the rest of the game and you can finish the handful of tiny instanced quests that you get from companions whenever they fix it.

It may not be large in terms of hours as a percentage of time played, but it has a huge impact on the ability of many people to relate to their Knight character and his companions, which is a major factor in their ability to enjoy the game. To quote the Vice President, this is a big f***ing deal.

TLDR: ITT a bunch of pimply-faced nerds cry about their character not being able to bang out some NPC and that's somehow a major portion of the game for them.

Look out, it's a cool guy.

Rofl. I apologize that my "pimply faced nerd self" would like to enjoy the entire storyline as it's supposed to be played out, and not have to reroll a character to enjoy that.

I love the game and this thing is my only ***** about this game currently.

Let me guess you are either one of two things.

One - You are NOT affected by the bug.

Two - Hate Jedi.

It may not be large in terms of hours as a percentage of time played, but it has a huge impact on the ability of many people to relate to their Knight character and his companions, which is a major factor in their ability to enjoy the game. To quote the Vice President, this is a big f***ing deal.

I have to agree. I don't necessarily think that Bioware's behavior is unconscionable or unethical, but they are doing a pretty poor job at PR if this thread is any indication. Clearly they are overwhelmed by the magnitude of this game, and they are going through some major growing pains in the process. That doesn't mean that they couldn't have someone monitoring threads like this one and posting an update once or twice a day to calm everyone down. I know the developers are probably in it up to their necks and this is certainly not the only bug they have to deal with. However, that is what PR people are for. They may know nothing, and they may do nothing else but reassure the customers, but that is important. The fact that people have essentially gotten blown off by tech support on this issue is inexcusable.

I do know that in the long run, a week or two of disappointment won't amount to much, but the companion interaction is a very significant part of the game. Bioware promoted it as such. The people I'm playing with comment on it all the time. If you strip that from the experience, it isn't all that different than other MMOs. So even if it only occupies a small percentage of my time, it is a very important percentage, if a large percentage of the rest of my time is spent grinding away at mobs, something I could do in any other game.

If I bought a car with a sport package, and I paid for a sport package, and the dealer gave me a family sedan, I would be very disappointed. I would at least want part of my money back, and I would probably want a replacement car.

I imagine a big part of the problem here is that the developers aren't even sure what to do. Lots of us have volunteered to roll the class quest line back to the point where the bug occurred, but none of us know if that would really work. Decisions made in the class quest line might have impact on other aspects of the game. For instance, I have a light saber that requires light side alignment. If they roll my class quest back, do I lose all the points I earned, and then does the item work anymore? That is only one example, but solving issues like that is not trivial from a programming perspective, so I wouldn't hold my breath that the issue will be fixed soon.

The other problem is that the class quest line is a story narrative. It is going to lose a lot of impact if you just blow through it to have the opportunity to see the interactions with your crew. Yes, I would be willing to do it, but I know it wouldn't be the same as having experienced that over the course of several weeks. And it isn't solely about "romancing" Kira. Sure, I would take that option if it were available, but right now there is NO option available. I have no crew interactions while my friends are gushing over how amusing this aspect of the game is.

So yeah, there are a lot of people on this forum who are disappointed and are venting. That's what the forum is for. Those of you who don't want to listen to people complaining about something that they have little control over don't have to read the posts.

Edited by spikerw