Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means they're BioWare is running ToR like Sony ran SOE. Doing things the customers dont want. We should protest.

>_> i'm sorry but what? reread what you just said "doing things the customers don't want" how is working on a glitch "doing things customers don't want"?

Been asking this myself quite a few times now... I'm kinda worried. Does this mean that they're struggling?

There have been replies, but it's just asking patience and stating that it's being looked into. No ETA on a fix, a workaround, or the slightest ray of hope.

I'm having a blast on a Sith Assassin now, I'll give them all the time they need to fix the Jedi Knight, but it might become an issue when there are no Guardians for Ops.

There have been replies, but it's just asking patience and stating that it's being looked into. No ETA on a fix, a workaround, or the slightest ray of hope.

I'm having a blast on a Sith Assassin now, I'll give them all the time they need to fix the Jedi Knight, but it might become an issue when there are no Guardians for Ops.

And thats exactly what sony used to do. Plus BioWare refuses to release hotfixes. Guarantee you they'll make us wait for a tuesday maintenance even when they find the fix.

So when does the bug supposed to start? I just got to her to kiss me so am I a lucky one or is it after this part? I am level 26 and just got to Tatooine.

you're ok if she's gotten you to kiss her

also, as said numerous times in this topic, if you got past the defector quest AFTER the patch 2 days ago you're good

And thats exactly what sony used to do. Plus BioWare refuses to release hotfixes. Guarantee you they'll make us wait for a tuesday maintenance even when they find the fix.

It's Thursday evening now, so I wouldn't hold my breath for next Tuesday. There's no new patch on the PTR as of my last check.

I'll bring the sandwiches, Jedi. We're in this for the long haul. I get the feeling that my Assassin will be equal to or greater than my Guardian by the time this is done. It's a pity though, the JK storyline was more gripping than the Inquisitor has been so far.

It's Thursday evening now, so I wouldn't hold my breath for next Tuesday. There's no new patch on the PTR as of my last check.

I'll bring the sandwiches, Jedi. We're in this for the long haul. I get the feeling that my Assassin will be equal to or greater than my Guardian by the time this is done. It's a pity though, the JK storyline was more gripping than the Inquisitor has been so far.

Yeah ive been doing the Smuggler myself recently...but sadly I cant bring myself to get off my guardian just yet...

I'd sell my best friend if they could fix this issue by tomorrow!

What would be the issue with just continuing the story line? Cuz I didn't know she was bugged, thought it odd I didn't see anything new after the brother, but really what's the harm? Wouldn't u just pick up the love arc later? It doesn't really have any bearing on the main storyline

Add my name to the list of folks affected by the Dark-Side [Flirt] Kira bug.

It would be fantastic to get at least an idea from BioWare as to how long this will take to fix. Are we talking days? Weeks? Months? People's decisions to re-roll their Jedi Knight would be directly affected by the answer to that. Re-rolling now would only be a two-week loss for the Early Access folks. But if a fix is coming soon, we'd like to save the trouble. Know what I mean?

Thank you for any info, Bioware.

Edited by Deelmackey

What would be the issue with just continuing the story line? Cuz I didn't know she was bugged, thought it odd I didn't see anything new after the brother, but really what's the harm? Wouldn't u just pick up the love arc later? It doesn't really have any bearing on the main storyline

I've heard, from this topic, it MIGHT.

and it also really depends on just how much, usually it's pretty minor, but even hearing someone say that they love me before we engaged in the last few battles in ME and dragon age had a pretty big impact on me, i don't want to miss that out here :\

also, for those saying that we can restart the quest...would that work though? I'm just wondering if the problem is more integrated

It doesn't affect the actual outcome of any of the quests, but it does change some of Kira's lines if you have her with you during certain moments. This is what I have been told by another player who did not get stuck with the bug.

It doesn't affect the actual outcome of any of the quests, but it does change some of Kira's lines if you have her with you during certain moments. This is what I have been told by another player who did not get stuck with the bug.

Yeah this is what we've lost, an irreversible tarnish on our experience. gg bioware. Give us a Jawa plsthanks. Screw Kira. :cool:

They are working on it just give them time this was posted yesterday:

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime.

Add my name to the list of folks affected by the Dark-Side [Flirt] Kira bug.

It would be fantastic to get at least an idea from BioWare as to how long this will take to fix. Are we talking days? Weeks? Months? People's decisions to re-roll their Jedi Knight would be directly affected by the answer to that. Re-rolling now would only be a two-week loss for the Early Access folks. But if a fix is coming soon, we'd like to save the trouble. Know what I mean?

Thank you for any info, Bioware.

This, is what I'd like to know as well. 'cause if this will take a long time, I might as well reroll, but I don't want to reroll if the fix is rolling out next week.

They are working on it just give them time this was posted yesterday:

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime.

And no, that's been on the Known Issues list for more than just a couple of days, but the Known Issues list has been posted with new things, hence the dating.

Still thinking to make a quick patch job is to let us redo the defector quest. Then again is it even possible for Bioware to reactivate the quest or the speech that is bugged without re-rolling all the progress made after "the defector"

Was thinking more about this myself. If they don't know which "flag" got switched due to the bug, resetting the quest might not fix the problem if that flag is still broken. /shrug

So when does the bug supposed to start? I just got to her to kiss me so am I a lucky one or is it after this part? I am level 26 and just got to Tatooine.

How is that possible? Mine never gave me a chance to speak to her in private at all, except when she joined the crew. That was about the first and last time ...

I did 3 DS choices in this game .. Save the Rebulic this and one I deemed valuable enough to be a bad guy ... Bla frag that

Problem was ment to be fixed in the new patch, it's still there, i know you guys are working on other games like Mass Effect 3 and polishing it off, and i know EA probably rushed you in order to get the game out before Christmas even though it should have been February or March, but you need to pull all your resource together for the first few months of the launch of this game, and get these things sorted out.

I have waited a long time for this game, i love the fundamentals and the basis behind the game, but these bugs/issues/glitches and other problems are ruining this game and the experience for people

Edited by MorbidSouls

I do "get" it. You apparently do not. Just because you've been playing since Beta doesn't mean that you're BioWare's "most loyal fan." We're all paying customers now. And there are far more new people than there are Beta holdovers.

Prove your loyalty with your patience. And stop the whining.

Good. Grief.

We have the right to whine if we want and i never said i was the most loyal im just say all the people that have waited years for this game most likely preorder and now we are screwed for it. this page is for people who have to problem and want it fixed so you can join us or stop posting here.