Enough is enough. TOO much CC and here is why

Wingzeron

Unfortunallety I had decided to play a melee class which I really regret doing, and will soon join the mass of ranged dps for pvp.

Everytime I try to be effective I get cc/stun or knockbacked by any class except for Marauders/Sentinels which is also weird that they don't get one aswell then. Anyway, this game has to much CC especially the ranged. I don't get it why a ranged class can even get a pull back which should be a melee skill in the first place.. secondly, the cooldown timers are WAAAY tho short. AOE knockback for a sorcerer/sage with only 20 seconds cooldown and having selfheal+stun+super fast speed run and more. Are you kidding me?

You know how much proffit it is to coordinate and aoe knockback before you go behind the pillar and heal yourself up to full. Ridiculous.

There is no place for melee in this game. If everyone keeps rerolling range, this game will die. Casters dominate Ilum and Warzones. Merc/Commando never spec healing tree, because they can litterally spam 1 button to succes. You have to nerf the ranged class DPS so people will start playing more the healing tree.

Ranged needs to get nerfed hard and should be alot harder to play.

Ticking time bomb

You make no sense.

Melee is always harder to play in games. You want to be the guy who sits back and presses the fireball button over and over, you do that.

Melee has a higher skill cap and rewards to boot. Sentinels/Marauders melt faces and Guardians/Juggernauts hold off groups. Both need the love and support of their local healer.

I'm a 49 (soon to be 50) jugg so I feel the melee pain, and I also agree that the major influx of rdps rerolls is disturbing, lack of healers who heal sucks when ur main job is taking hits :( other than that tho I feel that cc, while annoying as ****, needs to be there for the squishy rdps classes, otherwise us melees would just monster them in 2 secs flat. That and u can only be ccd twice before resolve is full...

You make no sense.

Melee is always harder to play in games. You want to be the guy who sits back and presses the fireball button over and over, you do that.

Melee has a higher skill cap and rewards to boot. Sentinels/Marauders melt faces and Guardians/Juggernauts hold off groups. Both need the love and support of their local healer.

lol yeah whole lot of skill leaping to people and popping cds. Try playing a sniper and talk about skill until then let me ruin your argument by saying this operative and scoundrel.

lol yeah whole lot of skill leaping to people and popping cds. Try playing a sniper and talk about skill until then let me ruin your argument by saying this operative and scoundrel.

Yeah, mashing 2 buttons from the other side of the map is hard yo!

I'm a 49 (soon to be 50) jugg so I feel the melee pain, and I also agree that the major influx of rdps rerolls is disturbing, lack of healers who heal sucks when ur main job is taking hits :( other than that tho I feel that cc, while annoying as ****, needs to be there for the squishy rdps classes, otherwise us melees would just monster them in 2 secs flat. That and u can only be ccd twice before resolve is full...

Unfortunallety I had decided to play a melee class which I really regret doing, and will soon join the mass of ranged dps for pvp.

Everytime I try to be effective I get cc/stun or knockbacked by any class except for Marauders/Sentinels which is also weird that they don't get one aswell then. Anyway, this game has to much CC especially the ranged. I don't get it why a ranged class can even get a pull back which should be a melee skill in the first place.. secondly, the cooldown timers are WAAAY tho short. AOE knockback for a sorcerer/sage with only 20 seconds cooldown and having selfheal+stun+super fast speed run and more. Are you kidding me?

You know how much proffit it is to coordinate and aoe knockback before you go behind the pillar and heal yourself up to full. Ridiculous.

There is no place for melee in this game. If everyone keeps rerolling range, this game will die. Casters dominate Ilum and Warzones. Merc/Commando never spec healing tree, because they can litterally spam 1 button to succes. You have to nerf the ranged class DPS so people will start playing more the healing tree.

Ranged needs to get nerfed hard and should be alot harder to play.

Ticking time bomb

I cant say i no what its like to be 50, but i have a level 12 maur with no cc and i dont have that hard a time getting to people leap has a very short cd and it isent that hard to figure out how to use it properly.

Pick the target you want to kill dont go after the sorcerers this game wasent ment for all classes to be able to solo every class,

Every class has its down fall if u cant catch the sorc / sage dont attack them without help or get ready to lose its the way this game is played...

PS: You said u regret going melee i have a level 50 Sorc and i enjoy playing my level 12 maur more then my 50 sorc dont no if its cause its a complete change for me, or if its cause ive over played my sorc, or if its cause melee is actualy a blast to play in this game but i wouldent regret your choice if i was u

Edited by ChaoslegionX

What type of dps has the most ccs in the game oh right melee. How many of them cause or persist through damage well i know force choke causes it and that weird floor tantrum you can hit me though it. Face it melee is as hard to play as a DK the only class in this game that is hard to play in this game is a sniper and by hard i mean an extra 4 buttons so really it not hard just compared to everything else it is.

The main issue really is that resolve bar is broken. It takes 4 stuns / CCs before the resolve bar makes you immune..so 4 4 seconds stunns...thats pretty crappy to be stun locked for 12 seconds in a PVP match. Or..how about when your resolve bar FINALLY procs...NOT starting the countdown WHILE you are stunned?? I see it all the time, im standing there electrocuted getting beat on by 3 guys while my resolve bar ticks down...so by time im no longer stunned its already 1/3 depleted. The CC system really needs some love. The resolve bar could be better if:

1) it procs easier / faster

2) does not start making you immune WHILE already being stunned.

If not, then BW needs to give each class an additional movement impare break free, or make the cooldown less on the ones we have.

You make no sense.

Too bad most healers dont heal us. Instead they either self heal or heal their buddies. I play a sentinel and totally agree.

What type of dps has the most ccs in the game oh right melee. How many of them cause or persist through damage well i know force choke causes it and that weird floor tantrum you can hit me though it. Face it melee is as hard to play as a DK the only class in this game that is hard to play in this game is a sniper and by hard i mean an extra 4 buttons so really it not hard just compared to everything else it is.

Then you have never played a Sentinel/Marauder.

hahaha u r so smart mate that i wont even mind arguing with you

lol, Marauders/Sentinels are the hardest class to play

The main issue really is that resolve bar is broken. It takes 4 stuns / CCs before the resolve bar makes you immune..so 4 4 seconds stunns...thats pretty crappy to be stun locked for 12 seconds in a PVP match. Or..how about when your resolve bar FINALLY procs...NOT starting the countdown WHILE you are stunned?? I see it all the time, im standing there electrocuted getting beat on by 3 guys while my resolve bar ticks down...so by time im no longer stunned its already 1/3 depleted. The CC system really needs some love. The resolve bar could be better if:

1) it procs easier / faster

2) does not start making you immune WHILE already being stunned.

If not, then BW needs to give each class an additional movement impare break free, or make the cooldown less on the ones we have.

electrocute from a sorc does 3/4 of a resolve bar by itself

I agree with some of your post I don't think nerfing ranged dps is a good idea at all, but they can increase the cool downs on cc, blinds, stun since you seem to be stunned, cced half the game every game. The devs went a bit crazy with stuns. Sorcs are the worst, but maybe coz every wz a third of the team is sorcs but you get blinded after there bubble runs out, then they will knock you back then they have that short shock and then the min cool down one and if some how your not dead they will sprint away and heal, without running out of there resource. Couldn't help myself I had to lvl one, he is only 39 but it is nice being that strong in WZs haha

I do agree with you about Mara/ sent there easy targets. I keep seeing post from elitist who say they faceroll everything, but I'm yet to see it. There to squishy, you can kite them easy there dps isn't huge and you know they can't cc you. So I always target them to get a free medal. So they really need some sort of buff but not so much it will make them op

I agree with some of your post I don't think nerfing ranged dps is a good idea at all, but they can increase the cool downs on cc, blinds, stun since you seem to be stunned, cced half the game every game. The devs went a bit crazy with stuns. Sorcs are the worst, but maybe coz every wz a third of the team is sorcs but you get blinded after there bubble runs out, then they will knock you back then they have that short shock and then the min cool down one and if some how your not dead they will sprint away and heal, without running out of there resource. Couldn't help myself I had to lvl one, he is only 39 but it is nice being that strong in WZs haha

I do agree with you about Mara/ sent there easy targets. I keep seeing post from elitist who say they faceroll everything, but I'm yet to see it. There to squishy, you can kite them easy there dps isn't huge and you know they can't cc you. So I always target them to get a free medal. So they really need some sort of buff but not so much it will make them op

Just for the record not all sorc have the blind only if your speced properly so take that one out of the argument

I play a Sniper (as well as a Marauder), and the only "skill" a Sniper really needs is in picking their Cover Point so they aren't easily LOS'd. Oh and they need the "skill" of not having a tank come after them, since most of their attacks are mitigated/shielded by tanks.

You make no sense.

I play soc, and he is right there is way to many stuns slwos knockback grappel, whatever, most of the times its like playing ping pong with people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.