[Kathol Rift] PVP is Dead

toxicundergroov

Since the patch, PVP BZs are non-existent, and for all practical purposes PVP on this server is dead.

Evidently, this is a med-low pop server as it become nearly impossible to get a pvp match on Republic side in under three hours of queue. Even during peak hours it takes over 2 hours to get a game. All the while, the imps are playing Huttball and getting better gear.

The BZ wins Daily/Weekly are impossible to get as even if you get into a game or two in a day, the Republican side usually looses close games due to being so overwhelmingly out geared. So, they get 2 daily bags, 1+ BZ comm bag, and a ton of valor while we are stuck with the Ilum armament treasure hunt once a day to try and get gear.

Please admit you rushed the 50-only bracket on lower pop servers and roll this back, or implement cross-server BZs ASAP.

The longer you wait to fix this, the worse it will be. You will lose more Republicans to Rerolling Imps or people just canceling their accounts.

//SOAP

Edited by toxicundergroov

Aye, this is why I chose a full server, when I made my character. I used to sit in 20 minute queues just to log in.

I haven't seen a queue time in weeks for getting into the server, seems we have died down a bit. But queue times are usually never more than 5 minutes.

Sucks for your luck.

I bet you play republic, pretty sure even on a low pop server empire can WZ.

You just rolled the wrong faction. :s

Somehow you are right. But your idea, in general, is completely worthless. More imp's only means wider gap in balance, eventually killing this games pvp completely, except for huttball ofcourse :p

BW has to come up with something genious IMO, or SWTOR PvP will die slowly. Eventually taking the rest of the game down with it.

Atm, it would considered stupid to make a republic character if you want to go PvP. That is certainly a (big) problem BW should attend immidiatly. But it doesn't seem to have a very high priority.

I see two scenarios. I am a bit drastic, but nevertheless honest.

1) Faction-Balance is fixed to a point where it actually isn't stupid roll republic pvp character - You still valor level an average as fast as the opposition.

2) PvP dies, and so will rest of SWTOR.

I honestly think that either of the above will happen. I hope they pick 1) ofcourse, but if they don't, at least they gave me a month worth of joy before kamikazing their game.

Edited by DuriZap

They should remove option for Emp vs Emp WZ... the longer the que you emps get the better the game will be, people will change faction to get to play WZ and the server balance will be better in the long run... handing the Emps everything on plate will make them lazy bums...

I bet you play republic, pretty sure even on a low pop server empire can WZ.

You just rolled the wrong faction. :s

It's the same for empire; long queues and wz shutdown (at least on low to mid populated servers)

Edited by ombraa

Sadly Bioware looks to have made about 50 N/A servers too many. The server population sizes are too small and they created way too many. This has been the kiss of death for many MMOs, especially once they merge them down to half of what they have now. That merging usually leads to half of the population quitting in most cases. (can't keep character names / guild names / etc.)

From what I read the OP is not actually after a solution to the problem, but more after a childish need to find a scapegoat and someone to blame, cause WZ is messed up on his/her server.

"Please admit you rushed the 50-only bracket on lower pop servers and roll this back, or implement cross-server BZs ASAP."

ASAP and bolded. It kinda tells it off.

Now instead of trying to insult and humiliate BW, where Im pretty sure that any company worth its salt will never admit such, unless heavily proven otherwise, try to find concrete solutions and suggestion on how to fix it. I bet most server is fine when coming to WZ, and on my server the Reps are really giving us a major challenge for our credits.

My problem in WZ at the moment are the lack off:

A. Deserter penalty

B. Uneven WZ where a WZ is allowed to continue when one faction has 1-2 less players due to player leaving mid-game.

I wonder when this will be fixed.

They should remove option for Emp vs Emp WZ... the longer the que you emps get the better the game will be, people will change faction to get to play WZ and the server balance will be better in the long run... handing the Emps everything on plate will make them lazy bums...

Yeah great idea. Remove one last thing there is to do in the end game. That should stop people from leaving the game.

Edited by Golarz

Yeah great idea. Remove one last thing there is to do in the end game. That should stop people from leaving the game.

A few imps leave, a few imps reroll republic and suddenly you get balanced sides and an actual two faction game that can actually survive, maybe even thrive, in the post WoW era. If the status quo continues like this up to the point where GW2 gets released, you risk having the game collapse, at least if the long term plans for SWTOR include any kind of two faction PvP plans that require mutual cooperation.

Edited by Red_Cruiser

Its a problem that will only get bigger and bigger. It needs to be fixed soon. Cross-server warzones is the solution. Also ranked warzones are needed

Cross Server WZ's are NEVER the Solution. BW's prob is that instead of upping the cap on the servers during X-mas they just opened up a bunch of new ones and now that the pop is starting to balance out those lower pop servers are taking the hit. The need to merge them all to create bigger overall pops or allow people a one time use/limited time only server change to the server of their choice. I pick a server just as much for the community as I do anything else. and X-server ques will kill a community faster then you can pop a cooldown. I've played MMO's for almost 15 years now and I've never played a game where that wasn't the case.

They will not merge servers for one reason and one reason only. Merging servers is a sign of defeat. That they overestimated the popularity of this game. Merging servers will make the EA share drop. They will not merge servers until they really have to. Thats at least a year away.

Since the patch, PVP BZs are non-existent, and for all practical purposes PVP on this server is dead.

Evidently, this is a med-low pop server as it become nearly impossible to get a pvp match on Republic side in under three hours of queue. Even during peak hours it takes over 2 hours to get a game. All the while, the imps are playing Huttball and getting better gear.

The BZ wins Daily/Weekly are impossible to get as even if you get into a game or two in a day, the Republican side usually looses close games due to being so overwhelmingly out geared. So, they get 2 daily bags, 1+ BZ comm bag, and a ton of valor while we are stuck with the Ilum armament treasure hunt once a day to try and get gear.

Please admit you rushed the 50-only bracket on lower pop servers and roll this back, or implement cross-server BZs ASAP.

The longer you wait to fix this, the worse it will be. You will lose more Republicans to Rerolling Imps or people just canceling their accounts.

//SOAP

Jarethkor 50 Commando -- often play with Soap.

This is the same experience I've post about with the added insight that the imp team / players we see 4 of them have gone battlemaster now...... and me (queuing every second I can) gained a few leveks of Valor and finally hit 40 yesterday.

I noticed a significant increase in Queue time for my server with the level 50 brackets. I did my PvP dailies every day prior, but with the changes to Ilum (Republic just gets farmed in Ilum, regardless of what we do) and the increased queue times on WZs, it's just not worth it any more.

Which is sad, because it's one less thing for me to do and hence one less thing to keep me playing this game.

• 1 month later...
Joined Kathol Rift b/c 2 friends were already rolled on it. Logged out for the last time last night and did a quick empty "who" search. The search came back with 35 names, 3 of which were me and my 2 friends. Not sure if that was an actual tally of empire players, but the long queues for PVP matches and no switching server ability insight, I had to let my sub run out. Sux b/c this game was fun.

Repub. My guild and PvP team is growing. Premades on both sides are forming and growing in preparation for ranked WZ's. And we're a backwater PvE server. Queue times are never more than 5 mins. Apparently your server died or was full of the grinder kids who are upset about 1.2 and quit.

They should have made Trooper for both faction, agents for both factions and Bounty Hunter for both factions. That would have made everything better. Rep would have been cooler and not so damn lame.

Rep need better story and better looking armour. Rep also need much better companions, they look like poo. Imperials have so much better looking companions, that also make people play that side.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.