Servers were sploited yesterday and some of you are calling it the best launch?

Dizkazk

I swear not even 24 hours ago every server was dealing with the pvp WZ exploit. There are threads outlining the tainted servers.

Yet I keep reading how this is the best launch ever? For who the exploiters?

This is the worst type of fanboism yet. To hurrah Bioware after they knew of this problem is laughable.

The US is truly full of Sheep.

Edited by Dizkazk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

Stephen Reid 12.13.2011 06:49 PM

nuff said

Edited by TheShootist

I swear not even 24 hours ago every server was dealing with the pvp WZ exploit. There are threads outlining the tainted servers.

This is the worst type of fanboism yet. To hurrah Bioware after they knew of this problem is laughable.

you be trollin

Stephen Reid 12.13.2011 06:49 PM

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

nuff said

Thank you and ditto!

And to the OP and others saying this, screenies or it's BS!

Edited by Rabbiddog

This is not the full update, yet - I'd like Gabe Amatangelo to weigh in. There is one important thing to note, however.

No-one is 'exploiting' this aspect of the game. We have looked at the metrics across every server, and no-one is earning an unusual amount of experience from PvP Warzones. In fact, when looking at the top-level players in the entire game, they are gaining XP fastest from completing quests. Also as of this morning, our top player on all servers was not in the 30-40 level range. They probably are now, but then they've been playing a lot - and gaining the bulk of their XP from normal quests.

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Like I said, I'm tracking down Gabe to talk more about how Warzone XP is allocated and the design decisions behind it. Right now, however, we do not see this as an exploit. In simple terms, a player can gain more XP in the same period of time from normal play than from doing this.

More when I track down Gabe and nail him to a keyboard.

Even more 'nuff said.

Tainted how? What do they win if they hit 50 first?

A lot of people like the competitiveness in levelling up in the beginning of an mmo release, if someone reaches max level before others are even allowed access to the game than that ruins part of the fun of the game.

Although it could be said that the way the EGA has worked has already ruined that aspect of fun for most people.

Edited by Valnarr

I agree with the op. Bioware cannot run a mmo.

Before you shout fire in the theater make a case instead of making unfounded charges or go away.

We don't serve your kind here

Can't wait for the 20th and the trolls move on to the next game and lose access to the forums.

You heard it on the internet so it must be true.

LOL at calling the other people sheep.

I've been saying that all day!

This message board is full of White Knight sheep!

That said, I'll still wait on December's wave Monday the 19th and be happily playing!

The WZ exploit is unfortunate. however, BW has still done a very good job organizing this launch. Anyone who is complaining about EGA is just going on an unjustified entitlement rant or has reading comprehension issues.

The people who exploited to 50 are going to have nothing to do for a while. Personally I enjoy the leveling experience in mmos so I would never have exploited low populations for easy xp.

Edited by Kryptoniic

A lot of people like the competitiveness in levelling up in the beginning of an mmo release, if someone reaches max level before others are even allowed access to the game than that ruins part of the fun of the game.

Although it could be said that the way the EGA has worked has already ruined that aspect of fun for most people.

There are no Achievements or Badges in this game (yet, at least) so how could you even prove you were the first to do it? Your 'a lot of people' is a tiny minority compared to the overall population of the game.

It helps get your point across when your personally attack an entire country, right? Or are you being a fool because you know nothing else?

Edited by Eclio