Servers were sploited yesterday and some of you are calling it the best launch?

Dizkazk

Why do you try so hard to completely miss the point I was making only to make an attack on my character?

I was saying that part of the fun of a new MMO is the early race to max level similar to something like the diablo ladder.

A lot of people like the idea of the race and at least partially engaging in it.

However due to things like levelling exploits and staggered EGA or heck even EGA in genera, that makes that sort of levelling race pointless because there are people who are just able to be first because they get earlier access than others or just are able to exploit to max.

I'm glad that because you don't find something fun that automatically invalidates it.

"Some" of the fun...really now? The word "some" indicates an amount far greater than the infinitesimal amount that it really is. An "honor" (that by the way, you have NO indicator for in this game because there are no achievements) that is battled over for all of 4-5 days once every few years? It's like the Olympics, only with no medals, recognition or spectators.

Edited by SalaciousD

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people like the competitiveness in levelling up in the beginning of an mmo release, if someone reaches max level before others are even allowed access to the game than that ruins part of the fun of the game.

Although it could be said that the way the EGA has worked has already ruined that aspect of fun for most people.

Those idiots chose the wrong game for speed leveling. The devs did not base this game on end-game raiding and those fools who speed level will become bored quickly. I'm hoping they will leave, but they will probably throw tantrums about lack of end-game and force BW to deal with them.

I haven't searched the forums for the topic, but my dearest wish for this game in the end-game sense is that BW does not keep track of server/world firsts and that they never will. That will go a long way towards keeping the players who get endorsements for sitting in the basement away.

I swear not even 24 hours ago every server was dealing with the pvp WZ exploit. There are threads outlining the tainted servers.

Yet I keep reading how this is the best launch ever? For who the exploiters?

This is the worst type of fanboism yet. To hurrah Bioware after they knew of this problem is laughable.

The US is truly full of Sheep.

I dont know why you are comparing the beginning of EGA with a pvp bug but ok.

I swear not even 24 hours ago every server was dealing with the pvp WZ exploit. There are threads outlining the tainted servers.

This is the worst type of fanboism yet. To hurrah Bioware after they knew of this problem is laughable.

So posting a thread condemning bioware and the US solves your problem? Less discriminating please. Btw, I am not a sheep. MOO!!

I never said that this ruins SWOTOR for me, I said that it ruins the competitive aspect which is unique to the release of the game for me .

added a little phrase at the end there for you . I still thing its a sill thing to complain about since its only speculation, and the fact that there adding new servers for you to role an so what is there really to QQ about?

Edited by Selaik

What is it with all the U.S. hatred on these forums? Seriously...other countries are always critical of US for stereotyping.....

You rolling all of the 'U.S.' under one broad category is as stereotypical as it comes and screams of the very bigotry you so loudly cry out against. I'm just starting to think you're just jealous. It's ok...that 'is' what the 'lesser' people tend to do.

(That last part was in jest...in case you are so blinded by your hatred that you don't realize that).

Edited by LtlMacMcG

Ok, I see where your coming from...

But wait, then that means those who don't have jobs and can play more during the day get an advantage over us who have to work. And those of us who also have familys will not be able to devote as much time as those that don't. They will all have unfair advantages over us. The only answer as I can see it is to limit everyone to just 4 hours playtime a day.

Wow, four? It must be nice to have an 8 hour workday :)

I'm lucky if I can manage two on a work day. Come January, I probably won' be able to play even on weekends until April 15. (accountant)

I'm lucky if I can manage two on a work day. Come January, I probably won' be able to play even on weekends until April 15. (accountant)

You should get some of that artificial time. It can be really helpful.

Hm, ok, I hear what your saying. Then how about 8 hours a week? Does that work better? I mean we wanna keep it fair fair everyone. :p

I didn't miss the point nor did I attack your character (please quote me where I attacked you character). I simply illustrated the basic flaw in your argument. There will never ever be an even race in MMOs. If EGA is to blame, then what next? someone didn't get their game delivered on the 20th, then what next, someone had account problems on launch day. This notion of there needing to be a even race and then highlighting a staggered pre access as a disadvantage is just as silly as saying that because someone has no family and can devote more time to the game has a greater advantage over me.

Because the uneveness of the EGA affects everyone, the examples you listed do suck but are on a much smaller scale.

It may not be a 100% even race even if everyone is allowed access at the same time, but the EGA alone as it stands now completely eliminates any sort of race.

I hear you brother. I'm a car salesman *trollface*. Oh, sorry, its a habit.

That being said, I am forum lurking instead of working...*trollface?*

You should get some of that artificial time. It can be really helpful.

Nah that stuffs no good. It's doesn't stay fresh for very long and ends up crumbling to dust if you leave it out for any length of time. Then there's the whole disruption of the space/time continuum when it degrades. I stick with natural time, much better for the body...and the universe for that matter.

I like where this is going. In the spirit of being "fair", let's only allow one person at a time to play. When their hour is up, they pass the torch to the closest swtor player and that person gets an hour. This way noone will ever be higher level than you for more than 1 play hour!

Because the uneveness of the EGA affects everyone, the examples you listed do suck but are on a much smaller scale.

It may not be a 100% even race even if everyone is allowed access at the same time, but the EGA alone as it stands now completely eliminates any sort of race.

I guarantee there would be no sort of race even if they let everyone in at the same time. Those 8 hours or so I'm at work the day they'd let everyone in at the same time, someone who wasn't at work could easily get a significant head start. Your logic is flawed.

And BTW, this whole thing with people having varying amounts of time they can play due to real life is more common and widespread than you realize. ;)

Hm, ok, I hear what your saying. Then how about 8 hours a week? Does that work better? I mean we wanna keep it fair fair everyone. :p

I can only hope, but for some reason, the act of taking what someone made last year, subtracting a number that the IRS gives you and then comparing that number to a another number the IRS gives you is so hard that they come to me to do it.

I'm glad they do, they pay for my hobbies, but it's one more reason you get some of the people you get on these forums. Too lazy or too stupid.

The day congress enacts a "flat" or "fair" tax, my yearly salary will decrease by 50%.