[POLL] Damage Meters

Shredderhead

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know if am doing the right rotation or using the wrong skills !!

How the hell I know if i don’t know how much the total damage I do per encounter :S !

Only slackers and sucks will say we don’t need it, since the damage meter the only way to show how suck they are

SWTOR is a great game so give us the freedom to enjoy it more.

Team who spent 500 M to create this game don’t need all thios time to implement some UI customize and Add-ons, show us some reaction to make all haters and wow kids to shut up forever.

Having it on allows me to see who is carrying their weight and who isn't. I hate people who link them over and over again because they're doing better than everyone else. And I hate people who are jerks about it. But jerks will be jerks whether they have DPS meters or not. And frankly people who don't pull their weight and can't take constructive criticism about how to improve their group play shouldn't be doing groups.

I think from all of the gazillion threads made on this that meters are not a good idea and you need to learn to think out of the box and not assume that whatever WoW did means its well done.

Training room yes! Meters Never!

Also, this voting system looks very fishy to me... i dont think it works as the OP wants us to believe.

Edited by Nemmar

Out of game parser or personal only damage meter that you can choose to share, or both.

In-game real-time group meter. No.

Too much abuse by people that don't understand game mechanics thinking that number is the end all be all of skill.

Out of game parser or personal only damage meter that you can choose to share, or both.

In-game real-time group meter. No.

Too much abuse by people that don't understand game mechanics thinking that number is the end all be all of skill.

The thing about these games, is that the numbers are a good majority of what matters in terms of PvE play. If your damage numbers are high, it means you are both geared properly and skilled at your class.

If your numbers are down, it means you are either (or both):

A) Unskilled

B) Undergeared

A DPS meter is important for people who not only want to achieve self satisfaction, but it helps group and raid leaders (and possibly BW) which classes at peak efficiency are the weakest. It's not very pleasant when it's your class, but when you're running against the hard enrage timer every time, it's important to know specifically why.

Edited by Alarkin

I don't get how people think damage meter is a bad thing. For those of you think "this isn't WoW, damage meter is retarded", please understand that w/out a damage meter, we don't know which rotation works out the best for us. It will also tell us who isn't pulling the weight in HM FL and ops. Since normal groups are in 4's, not 5's, it is imperative for every member to pull their own weight, even if a single dps doesn't pull his own weight, it will be almost impossible to do a HM FL.

I understand that most "casual" players don't want a damage meter just simply because they will be more likely the ones pulling lower dps, and will likely be kicked from a group, that is not a reason why you should torment other group members for hours with wipes. If you are casual, and can't pull your own weight in a more "pro" group, just simply leave the group and find like-minded people and wipe for 5 hours, I promise you nobody will then b*t#h at you.

I am enjoying not having people in my group that yell at me for not doing 100 dps more. But a dps meter, that shows you your own dps would be ok for me.

Can you be more selfish? So what you are saying is that you are fine with your group wiping for 2 hours on a boss because you can't pull your own weight? Way to waste other people's time.

yeah I voted.

My feelings have changed somewhat over the past few weeks. I see no reason to NOT allow or have damage meters. While I don't fancy myself anywhere near the best player or healer, I would welcome some sort of hard data that reflects just what in the blue hell all those shiny colorful buttons DO. While I KNOW what I am doing when going through my rotations, I just think it would be INSTRUCTIVE to have some DATA so I can tweak where needed.

Now mind all you naysayers, I will be the FIRST to tar and feather that jerk who uses a damage meter to humiliate another player or heap verbal abuse upon their head for being a 'bad'. I hate people like that and they are part of the reason I'm starting to get sick of mmos in general. I have no problem with someone trying to POLITELY and RESPECTFULLY help someone out with their rotation so they can become better at their class. But the hateful abuse and elitism I have NO tolerance for.

Depends on what you mean by "damage meter". People seem to be confused on it's meaning.

If you mean a simple Parser, then I think that's a perfectly good idea. Parsers can be useful tools (though I don't really see a need for them for any of the content in TOR yet).

Having it on allows me to see who is carrying their weight and who isn't. I hate people who link them over and over again because they're doing better than everyone else. And I hate people who are jerks about it. But jerks will be jerks whether they have DPS meters or not. And frankly people who don't pull their weight and can't take constructive criticism about how to improve their group play shouldn't be doing groups.

Thats because if they do not pull "their" weight as you say they should you just boot them from the group so they can never improve.

I don't get how people think damage meter is a bad thing. For those of you think "this isn't WoW, damage meter is retarded", please understand that w/out a damage meter, we don't know which rotation works out the best for us. It will also tell us who isn't pulling the weight in HM FL and ops. Since normal groups are in 4's, not 5's, it is imperative for every member to pull their own weight, even if a single dps doesn't pull his own weight, it will be almost impossible to do a HM FL.

I understand that most "casual" players don't want a damage meter just simply because they will be more likely the ones pulling lower dps, and will likely be kicked from a group, that is not a reason why you should torment other group members for hours with wipes. If you are casual, and can't pull your own weight in a more "pro" group, just simply leave the group and find like-minded people and wipe for 5 hours, I promise you nobody will then b*t#h at you.

And I can't understand how people think just because someone doesn't want it that they automatically suck at playing the game. Or that because someone is a "casual" gamer they are bad players. And actually, if you can't figure out what works best for you by observing how much easier/harder something becomes without such a tool, you aren't as good as you think you are. <~is a general statement not necessarily made to the above poster.

I'll reiterate, too much abuse of these tools by people that don't understand the games mechanics and think that the number is the end all be all of skill.

Can you be more selfish? So what you are saying is that you are fine with your group wiping for 2 hours on a boss because you can't pull your own weight? Way to waste other people's time.

No, he is saying he is tired of needledicks blowing gaskets over 100 dps. If you are wiping over that, then DM won't fix your problem.

Obviously he is the selfish one because Bioware decided not to put DM in the game, right?