This Crap has to stop.

direblaze

Yep, it's hideously wrong. Even in WoW you couldn't insta stealth with dots/bleeds on you...it's like 'extra life'

Wrong. WoW had literally the same mechanic. Cloak of Shadows did exactly what evasion does, 'Remove DoTs and immune to damage'. Vanish and Cloaking Screen are also identical. Same two-button combo that every Rogue/Operative should know.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. WoW had literally the same mechanic. Cloak of Shadows did exactly what evasion does, 'Remove DoTs and immune to damage'. Vanish and Cloaking Screen are also identical. Same two-button combo that every Rogue/Operative should know.

I really REALLY doubt that ALL of the players of these classes manage that sequence in mere few mili secs and it ALWAYS works, even under heavy fire and 10 ppl hitting you...this is either a bug or just horridly flawed mechanic

Edited by Wrakk

You are fighting, you dot up a player, he has no health, HE vanishes using stealth tool. he escapes.

10 people are hitting the target, he is stun locked, he has stacking dots on him, he is released from stun.... HE INSTANTLY STEALTHS and escapes.

I don't mind losing a kill, but when a player has a tool such as the ability to instantly stealth and it not breaking when they are dotted its just wrong.....

FIX it, it has to be a bug, because no one in thier right mind would make a skill allowing them to duck out of a fight and run at any time without a counter.

"i am away that dots some times do take them out, but this is freaking rare"

They removed the dot(s) via ability.

I really REALLY doubt that ALL of the players of these classes manage that sequence in mere few mili secs and it ALWAYS works, even under heavy fire and 10 ppl hitting you...this is either a bug or just horridly flawed mechanic

I'm speaking purely as an Operative. Mostly due to the fact that my class of choice is constantly subjected to misinformation, hyperbole, and misunderstanding which I believe have led to the large nerf in the upcoming Patch.

What do you mean? I don't understand what this has to do with what we're discussing. What is 'it'?

I replied after him saying in wow you had cloak+vanish and the dwarf racial to remove bleeds, think he was referring to my post

You are fighting, you dot up a player, he has no health, HE vanishes using stealth tool. he escapes.

10 people are hitting the target, he is stun locked, he has stacking dots on him, he is released from stun.... HE INSTANTLY STEALTHS and escapes.

I don't mind losing a kill, but when a player has a tool such as the ability to instantly stealth and it not breaking when they are dotted its just wrong.....

FIX it, it has to be a bug, because no one in thier right mind would make a skill allowing them to duck out of a fight and run at any time without a counter.

ohh sorry did i do that 2 u?

Wow, no. Just no. THIS is ridiculous whining.

How did you remove bleeding effects in WoW to be able to stealth yourself?

Cloak of Shadows. It removed all DoTs and made you damage resistant for a second or two. Then I Vanished.

Unless there was a Warlock nearby...because pets could always see through Vanish.

Edit: Woah, woah...hold up. You're right, Wrakk. I concede.

If I remeber correctly now, Cloak of Shadows did not remove physical conditions. My bad :(

Edited by RoadtoArkham

Sounds like the stealth guy simply outplayed his 10 opponents. He should get an award for that, not a nerf.

Seriously though.. PvP requires you to know as much about your opponents' abilities as you know about your own abilities. Figure that out and you're ahead of the game. Be ready to stop spamming your go-to ability and use something to counter... even if you have 10 people already on your target.

I hate to say learn to play, it's bad form. I do think people who constantly complain do need to educate themselves though, especially in terms of what they could do to counter what they're complaining about in the first place.

When I play my Sith Assassin my stealth is ALWAYS popped off by DoTs. You must be experiencing a bug.

That is unless they are popping the ability Assassin, can't remember the name, has to remove effects, before the stealth is taken off. Even then how can you be angry about the only escape tool they have?

Boy you must be new to MMOs, combat stealth gives u damage imunity for a while other wise it's just a void skill, completely useless, ask the old wargs on lotro...then they switched it to "for 010 seconds damage doesn't take u out of stealth" a little better but dots still got you out after that, and that is exactly how it is right now, you get some immunity time which is fair otherwise why have in combat stealth? any aoe after stealth will just get you de-stealthed...useless...

1. you have to use two CDs (your best pvp cd: a 1 min cd 3 second immunity to force effects that dispels everything on you and a 3 min cd vanish)

2. You can't be healed for like 10 seconds, unless talented, so you either have to go hide and meditate

3. its our only escape from ranged attackers on platforms, if you don't have a place to immediately LOS you will die to 2 mercs tracer spam ****