Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

This Crap has to stop.

direblaze

You are fighting, you dot up a player, he has no health, HE vanishes using stealth tool. he escapes.

10 people are hitting the target, he is stun locked, he has stacking dots on him, he is released from stun.... HE INSTANTLY STEALTHS and escapes.

I don't mind losing a kill, but when a player has a tool such as the ability to instantly stealth and it not breaking when they are dotted its just wrong.....

FIX it, it has to be a bug, because no one in thier right mind would make a skill allowing them to duck out of a fight and run at any time without a counter.

"i am away that dots some times do take them out, but this is freaking rare"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are fighting, you dot up a player, he has no health, HE vanishes using stealth tool. he escapes.

10 people are hitting the target, he is stun locked, he has stacking dots on him, he is released from stun.... HE INSTANTLY STEALTHS and escapes.

I don't mind losing a kill, but when a player has a tool such as the ability to instantly stealth and it not breaking when they are dotted its just wrong.....

FIX it, it has to be a bug, because no one in thier right mind would make a skill allowing them to duck out of a fight and run at any time without a counter.

"i am away that dots some times do take them out, but this is freaking rare"

Its called force camouflage and when you spec into the Annihaltion tree as a Marauder you are 100 % immune to all damage for 4 seconds as soon as he comes out he is not immune anymore unless he pops undying rage aswel (not sure about equiv for sentinal)

Its called force camouflage and when you spec into the Annihaltion tree as a Marauder you are 100 % immune to all damage for 4 seconds as soon as he comes out he is not immune anymore unless he pops undying rage aswel (not sure about equiv for sentinal)

what are mara like end game? trying to play one but they are freaking aweful at lower levels.

what are mara like end game? trying to play one but they are freaking aweful at lower levels.

high skill cap, requires a lot of keybinds and rotations are quite complex - but if your patient they are one of the most deadliest classes 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 - Both Sith warr and Jedi knight are late bloomers so you have to stick with it and itll get better - im luving mine

You can talent Camo to give 100% damage reduction for the duration (4 seconds).

It's not OP at all, just guess where he's going to be running and he'll come out after 4 seconds. If it's one class that doesn't need nerfing it's Marauders/Sentinels.

It's called "force shroud" and has nothing common with stealth and can be used any time with 30 seconds (?) cooldown. Stealth with dots without force shroud = guaranteed un-stealth in few seconds.

Really - forum moderators / support should check if persons whos posts are so naive - they are children which should be banned.

Edited by Pashgan

wow yeah lets nerf the stealth classes even more, genius.

Well he has a point. Stealth is not supposed to be that strong, when you are already engaged in a fight. Damage, specially dots, should keep you from stealthing. The fact that it does not work 90% of the time is just odd and should be fixed.

Also it is not a nerf, it is simply fixing something that is broken.

high skill cap, requires a lot of keybinds and rotations are quite complex - but if your patient they are one of the most deadliest classes 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 - Both Sith warr and Jedi knight are late bloomers so you have to stick with it and itll get better - im luving mine

I eat mara's for breakfast on my powertech shield :D (1 on 1 that is)

The reason your DoTs are not usually taking them out of stealth is because of the ability called Resilience (at least thats what it is called for Shadows). Res makes you immune to force/tech attacks for 3 seconds. Many pvp stealthies will use Res and then quickly vanish, enabling them to get away. The vanish ability by itself does not stop DoTs from ticking. This ability combination is not overpowered as it forces a stealthy to decide whether to pop Res early in the fight in order to dodge a specific attack or save it for an escape. In addition, Res's short duration means the stealthy must get away from you quickly or he/she will be revealed to you again. Most likely, the stealthy will Res, vanish, and force speed away out of LoS. As a former WoW affliction warlock (and current 50 shadow), I understand your frustration at losing potential prey. However, these abilities are necessary because stealthies are close-combat, light-armor skirmishers. Survivability is already low for these classes, so certain utility abilities become mandatory. Best advice I can give you is, when they vanish, keep hunting for about five seconds (making sure to check behind walls/pillars/other LoS stuff). Most likely, your DoTs will take them out of stealth, just not right away. Good hunting.

Damage DOES break stealth, unless the operative uses the skill that removes all negative effects before vanishing, which no non-stupid operative would ever do.

Vanish is on a 2 MINUTE cooldown, and it is usually very easy to rebreak them out of stealth with many types of AoE. Even for those aoes that are blocked by evasion, it only lasts 3 seconds, and it is very hard to get any sort of range in that time period.

i just find it shocking that in a game full of CC mara gets none, not one, not even a heal. every other class gets one or both.

You know that every assassin/shadow has an ability that "Removes all hostile removable effects and increases your chance to resist Force and Tech attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth"

Every Smart assassin would use that right before going into stealth.

Using that removes all DoTs, so i can now stealth in the next 3 seconds without fear of being broken from a DoT.

Working as intended

Just that you all know, the vanish ability of shadows/assassins and smugs/ops is one of the worst in MMO history. You actually HAVE to use at least 2 skills so it works properly against the most dumb players.

Anyway it's easy to unstealth someone who just used vanish, if the dot doesn't do the job just use an AoE attack its not like you get 3sec damage immunity...

It's called "force shroud" and has nothing common with stealth and can be used any time with 30 seconds (?) cooldown. Stealth with dots without force shroud = guaranteed un-stealth in few seconds.

Really - forum moderators / support should check if persons whos posts are so naive - they are children which should be banned.

that is how its meant to work, but most of the time it doesnt break stealth, and 4 sec immune vanish is pretty over the top.

This

Understand something before you make a post about it.

Assassins already have one of the most amount of key presses required to do well in pvp and here is another example of using two skills together.

Considering a lot of other classes have heals, I don't think that the ability to get away like this is Overpowered at all. In a lot of cases Force shroud is on a CD when I stealth because I used it to try stay alive a little longer anyway so its not the 100% get away and live button you make it out to be.

wargs (i played one) and burgs in LOTRO have a vanish which IIRC gave them 8 seconds pure immunity. As soon as someone stealths like this spread out, the stealther will pop out from stealth shortly and they will be trying to LOS you while the heal up and re stealth.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.