Why the hate for healers---Dev answer?

Jooji

I do 400k healing in a warzone.

A dps does 240k damage.

I get 4 medals.

He gets 9 medals.

Got broken? Why won't any devs respond to this issue?

Anyway I'm officially done healing. We're better off farming medals and LOSING than healing and WINNING for the valor grind.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A dps does 240k damage.

I get 4 medals.

He gets 9 medals.

Anyway I'm officially done healing. We're better off farming medals and LOSING than healing and WINNING for the valor grind.

And what about our buffs? Im throwing "force armor" and what not at my team like a madman but see nothing 4 it ..

I play an Operative, with Healing spec, except I operate with a balanced approach to play. I tend to average 150k Damage, 25 Kills, 200k Healing, and nine medals. My philosophy is that damage > healing if it's an evenly matched battle. If I'm trying to use my main Heal, it takes 2.8 seconds from the start of me clicking the button before the heal is delivered. This amounts to 1,800-4,500 pending crit due to trauma. Global cooldown is 1.3 seconds. So, within the duration of a 60 second battle, I can either: heal for 21 times, or do anything else 46 times.

Now, Operatives do have one, very nice ability for PVP which is our instant Heal can be used to for free, as long as your target's health is below 30% which for most PVP players will be 4,500-6,000 hp. Since the battle has already worn down to this point, players do not have their high burst abilities left, that Hp is NOT going to be vanishing in the time it takes GCD to refresh. I've kept other geared Champions alive for minutes at a time at that level of HP.

What I'm saying is, there's no reason to overheal in PVP. In fact, I'm rewarded for it. I control the fight by staying involved with it, focusing with my partner, and using CC properly. Furthermore, any damage I soak up that isn't targeted on him, aids us in defeating our opponents, since I can heal myself for more than I can heal a player due to talents. Factoring in hots, that are normally pathetic [1312x2] over 18 seconds on a single target, now on two that are taking damage since I'm involved in the battle? That's 4,198 in healing after trauma, but not before crits and the talents that increase healing on myself.

So why should I stop attacking, when the focus fire option is more effective? That's not even considering all the times players run away, as you're rooted in your healing stance, or they break line of sight. It's always better to have a dead opponent, than a fully healed player. DPS is cheap, while HPS is incredibly expensive in terms of economy of action and positioning. Yes, I could get 300k+ Healing in a match, since my partner keeps taking a consistent 2.5k damage a GCD due to me not participating in the battle. He'll have to kill each person individually, which drives up my healing score. Or, I can focus fire and CC which will dramatically reduce the incoming damage.

TL;DR -> You aren't helping your team by healing someone that has only taken 30% damage. Target his target and kill it. Your overall healing drops, because less damage will be done.

Edited by KyoMamoru

I play an Operative, with Healing spec, except I operate with a balanced approach to play. I tend to average 150k Damage, 25 Kills, 200k Healing, and nine medals. My philosophy is that damage > healing if it's an evenly matched battle. If I'm trying to use my main Heal, it takes 2.8 seconds from the start of me clicking the button before the heal is delivered. This amounts to 1,800-4,500 pending crit due to trauma. Global cooldown is 1.3 seconds. So, within the duration of a 60 second battle, I can either: heal for 21 times, or do anything else 46 times.

Now, Operatives do have one, very nice ability for PVP which is our instant Heal can be used to for free, as long as your target's health is below 30% which for most PVP players will be 4,500-6,000 hp. Since the battle has already worn down to this point, players do not have their high burst abilities left, that Hp is NOT going to be vanishing in the time it takes GCD to refresh. I've kept other geared Champions alive for minutes at a time at that level of HP.

What I'm saying is, there's no reason to overheal in PVP. In fact, I'm rewarded for it. I control the fight by staying involved with it, focusing with my partner, and using CC properly. Furthermore, any damage I soak up that isn't targeted on him, aids us in defeating our opponents, since I can heal myself for more than I can heal a player due to talents. Factoring in hots, that are normally pathetic [1312x2] over 18 seconds on a single target, now on two that are taking damage since I'm involved in the battle? That's 4,198 in healing after trauma, but not before crits and the talents that increase healing on myself.

So why should I stop attacking, when the focus fire option is more effective? That's not even considering all the times players run away, as you're rooted in your healing stance, or they break line of sight. It's always better to have a dead opponent, than a fully healed player. DPS is cheap, while HPS is incredibly expensive in terms of economy of action and positioning. Yes, I could get 300k+ Healing in a match, since my partner keeps taking a consistent 2.5k damage a GCD due to me not participating in the battle. He'll have to kill each person individually, which drives up my healing score. Or, I can focus fire and CC which will dramatically reduce the incoming damage.

TL;DR -> You aren't helping your team by healing someone that has only taken 30% damage. Target his target and kill it. Your overall healing drops, because less damage will be done.

A lot of this is true IF the numbers are equal. If you have less numbers on your side you'd be STUPID not to heal as a heal or hybrid spec. Then again if you always have equal or better numbers it probably doesn't matter much what you're doing.

Like I said, why should 240k damage net more medals than 400k healing? It's bogus.

Like I said, why should 240k damage net more medals than 400k healing? It's bogus.

I agree. My friend and I queue together. He's damages. I heal. I may heal a lot more (plus do some damage and cc) than he damages. Or I may die a lot due to healers being focus fired and not have a chance to heal or damage much. Either way, he gets 2 to 3 times as many medals as I do (or more), without fail.

I agree. My friend and I queue together. He's damages. I heal. I may heal a lot more (plus do some damage and cc) than he damages. Or I may die a lot due to healers being focus fired and not have a chance to heal or damage much. Either way, he gets 2 to 3 times as many medals as I do (or more), without fail.

Yeah :(

I gave in and now I'm running the madness/lightning spec. I get my 75k healing asap each match then just kill people. It doesn't necessarily win games the way healing would but hey, at least I'm getting 100 commendations per instead of 60 per.

And what about our buffs? Im throwing "force armor" and what not at my team like a madman but see nothing 4 it ..

Actually im pretty sure that counts to healing as I've walked through fire with it on and got the 2.5k healing medal, though i guess that could be a bug.

will have to end up doing what WoW did and was attribute any death or kill to healer was healing person was dealing the killing blow. Could even go forther make a new slot called " assisst kills" where by you didnt get killing blow but you helped, but will do this at some point i assure you.

Honestly I couldn't care less about healers right now. I find it really stupid that you're able to stand there and take a beating and heal yourself faster than the DPS being applied to you. I just came from a match on my alternate character where the guy had about 12,000 damage from attacking, and 300,000 from healing. All he did was walk into a group of 3 people and heal bomb himself.

I just don't understand how someone can walk into a 3v1 fight and heal his fears away in a second. They need to instill a sense of interuption in the game to prevent people from doing this. People say Operative is too powerful or Vanguard is too beefy, but damn.....Nobody is talking about how dumb the healing is in this game? It's rather fine for PvE since the NPC's deal massive damage at end-game....But for PvP? Come on.

Honestly I couldn't care less about healers right now. I find it really stupid that you're able to stand there and take a beating and heal yourself faster than the DPS being applied to you. I just came from a match on my alternate character where the guy had about 12,000 damage from attacking, and 300,000 from healing. All he did was walk into a group of 3 people and heal bomb himself.

I just don't understand how someone can walk into a 3v1 fight and heal his fears away in a second. They need to instill a sense of interuption in the game to prevent people from doing this. People say Operative is too powerful or Vanguard is too beefy, but damn.....Nobody is talking about how dumb the healing is in this game? It's rather fine for PvE since the NPC's deal massive damage at end-game....But for PvP? Come on.

Nobody can heal 3v1 unless they're being guarded...and then it's not 3v1. This is just a flat out lie. You think you saw something, but didn't notice that someone else was healing them, or guarding them, or whatever. It just cannot be done.

Any healer should be able to outheal 1 dps. If a healer can't outheal 1 dps then there would be no reason to heal.

yup , no way to do this. Maybe if he was full BM gear and the 3 attacking him were new 50s with no gear or idea how to play. Even then against 3, you'd need guard or outside heals.

A dps does 240k damage.

I get 4 medals.

He gets 9 medals.

because you need to do 500k for the medal?

yup , no way to do this. Maybe if he was full BM gear and the 3 attacking him were new 50s with no gear or idea how to play. Even then against 3, you'd need guard or outside heals.

Whoever said I was 50 spectating another 50? I was 21 facing a 47. Don't tell me it didn't happen, because I saw it happen. Someone was helping him, you say? Hell he must've been invisible the whole time because he came after the only damn turret we had control of.

As far as this 50 crap, I can tell you that 3v1 isn't possible, but I know for damn sure that 2v1 is really possible. Hell I can swap my operative from concealment to healing tree and out heal anyboby's dps. All I have to do is smash my kolto injection and get a tactical advantage to use on a healing probe to give me an instant 6k health in 2 seconds.

Don't try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about in regards to healing when I can heal with the best of them.

Edited by Lickl

I do this with medicine operative, you can't just sit back and only heal friendlies and expect to rack up medals, engage in some fights and protect the objective or attack the objective. As a medicine operative I can still get 8-10 medals, granted it takes much more work to get that many compared to my powertech that can get 10 medals for just sticking neural dart and gaurding friendlies and dishing out damage at the same time.

You do realize this game has shorter CDs on interrupts than pretty much any other game out there.

To the OP;

I do agree that healers do need some more medal options.

Any healer should be able to outheal 1 dps. If a healer can't outheal 1 dps then there would be no reason to heal.

That's ridiculous. Of course a Dps should be able to kill a healer. They are a SUPPORT class not a Tanking class (People seem to forget this).

The point of healers is to stay away from combat and heal team mates, and if a DPS got on a healer then the rest of the team should focus on peeling them off the healer.

The amount of games at the moment where the healers are outhealing dps classes, and beating dps in damage is crazy. As I said in another thread here, there is no skill if you can outheal 2 Dps on you and kill them solo. That's not skill, that means healing needs to be looked at.

Edited by Aphexdash

It's actually fairly easy to get healing and dps medals in the same warzone. If you are just out for medals maybe you should do at least 75k damage and get a few extra.

If you do it right you should get as many medals or more as most DPS.

DPS who get the most medals are usually ones like mercs who actually do enough healing to get a medal or 2 that way also.

Regardless, I would trade my DPS's medals for wins any day, and in this game medals != win, healers do.

Geared healers are stupidly powerful/resilient. Wait until the 'rated pvp' and you will see how broken they (you) are.

Edited by Orkayl

It's actually fairly easy to get healing and dps medals in the same warzone. If you are just out for medals maybe you should do at least 75k damage and get a few extra.

If you do it right you should get as many medals or more as most DPS.

DPS who get the most medals are usually ones like mercs who actually do enough healing to get a medal or 2 that way also.

Regardless, I would trade my DPS's medals for wins any day, and in this game medals != win, healers do.

Geared healers are stupidly powerful/resilient. Wait until the 'rated pvp' and you will see how broken they (you) are.

I'm not saying healers are worthless. I'm simply saying we get screwed when it comes to the valor/commendation grind. As I mentioned already I'm better off solo Q'ing and just going for medals, even in a loss, rather than Q'ing with friends/guildies and winning but only getting 3 medals as a healer.

Commenting on this from a PvP Merc Healer perspective.

This is not possible unless you're guarded, or they were fresh 50s in quest greens.

A solo BM DPS class can kill a healer (admittedly with a bit of effort and time). It's when that healer is guarded that the survivability and trolliness of bunny-hop healing goes through the roof.