Did you come from WoW and have you gone back?

NoTTaShoT

Played WoW since vanilla and haven't gone back since SWTOR came out.

Interestingly enough, as another poster had mentioned, the #1 reason I left WoW was the community. I don't know what it is about WoW, but it's basically an online daycare center for self-centered antisocial 11 year olds with low self-esteem and anger management issues.

Thankfully I've seen very, very few of these types playing SWTOR and I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played WoW since 2006, and I still have an active Sub. However, I'll admit that if it wasn't for the fact that I was given a free year card by an employee, I might have canceled it for budget reasons. I am still playing on a limited bases, namely, I'm on a rated battleground team and I still enjoy that quite a bit. I really would love SWTOR to create a system like that.

It's hard to play a game for 6+ years and not start to find that things are getting a little stale. I have currently lost all interest in doing dailies, holiday events, and heroics in WoW. Certainly not interested in farming. But, there still is a happy comfortability in returning to the game where I feel most of the bugs are smoothed out, I have my own personalized UI, my class is pretty solid in it's role and expectations, all these things in due time with TOR.

As someone else mentioned, the story/cinematic aspect has definitely raised my expectations. My class quest absolutely hooked me into the game.

As a side note, my server in WoW has always had a fairly decent community. My current TOR server is sadly a bit less mature.

Left Wow about 3 years ago, returned to WoW last June, started playing SwTor and cancelled WoW during pre-release.

I'm enjoying SwTor right now, but can't say I won't return to WoW or DDO or Runes of Majic, or EQ2 or some other MMO that I feel like switching too at some point.

I've played WoW since beta and didn't realize just how bored I was till I played SWTOR Beta, then I couldn't even bring myself to log back into WoW. Cancelled my WoW sub, I won't be back... Not at all interested in Kungfu Panda or Pokemon.

TOR had me hooked Thanksgiving weekend beta.

Played wow since release ... quit the month of this release. I did pay for a full year for a *^&% mount and D3 so I owe them until September I think. I cancelled swtor this month until they get that polish on they promised and do something about server pop imbalances.

I am an old wow player. I played Aion, and Rift for a few months, but never actually stopped wow sub. For various reasons, I ended up back at wow both times. I don't see that happening again.

This game is a huge step in the right direction. IMO voiceover is the future. After swtor I cant imagine a game without it. I think even people who currently don't care for VO, will play the next game, and then realise, they do like VO, they just didnt like swtor.

I play MMO's more like single player games so I tend to cancel and reinstate my subs as I feel like it. XP I enjoy the stories and stuff but not the tension that can come with group play. So far I am enjoying the Star Wars community a lot more. It helps that a lot more of my friends are playing this instead of WoW. I will probably start WoW up again at some point, (panda expansion) because I still haven't maxed a single toon on it, but for now it's all about this game and will likely stay this game until I've experienced all the storylines.

I am currently playing both games. Wow doesnt suck and TOR isnt "better", they are simply different games. Yes, there are some things missing from TOR but its a brand new game. When Wow first started it was lacking alot also. I dont think I will enjoy the new expansion that Wow is planning and it might end my game time there, but for now I am enjoying my time with both games.

I was a long time WoW player. The Cataclysm expansion really started to show the games age. The dev team unfortunately did not step up at all during the expansion. While they did make some nice improvements in the 4.3 patch, it was really too little too late. And of course their answer to the problems with the Cataclysm expansion is pandas and Pokemon. WoW is over.

SWTOR is a welcome change for me. True, the game has some problems, but for the most part (the latest cooldown UI disaster aside, which they still jumped on pretty quick) the devs of this game are putting forth a great effort to fix the problems. My biggest concern for the future of this game is that the devs don't learn from Blizzard's mistakes. I've already seen them make a few mistakes (profession imbalances) that anyone who follows WoW would have seen coming from a mile away. And they definitely should be following WoW to pick the ball where Blizzard drops it.

So, no, I'm much more willing to give Bioware their shot than go back to Blizzard. At least until SWTOR does an Ewok expansion. That will be my que to leave...

Started WoW in november 2006, always maintained my sub till july 2011 where for some mystical reasons that still elude me, I simply burned out. Maybe it was because friends asked me to go on a pvp server and I'm not fond of that.

Thinking of going back, at least finish my blood elf warrior, sitting at lvl 84 still in WOTLK zones. I would transfer to a pve server tho. SWTOR at some point feels way too much like a single player experience and not enough social, I know WoW is a lot less social these days then when I first started.

I came from there after 7 years of it. I have gone back just to talk to some friends but not to play. Whats the point the end game of WoW is the same thing as the endgame here. PVP, Raids, or HM/Heroic Dungeons.

Now when Diablo 3 drops......Im outta here. Playing that on the beta, and it's nice.....

Played WoW since vanilla and haven't gone back since SWTOR came out.

Interestingly enough, as another poster had mentioned, the #1 reason I left WoW was the community. I don't know what it is about WoW, but it's basically an online daycare center for self-centered antisocial 11 year olds with low self-esteem and anger management issues.

Thankfully I've seen very, very few of these types playing SWTOR and I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way.

You're implying they're young, and not just really immature. I'll kindly remind you of GIFT.

Came from WoW (cata baby), still playing it along with TOR. I only log into WoW though for raids as we're still working on Heroic DS and I prefer leveling in TOR to doing any dungeon/raid/pvp grinding on my alts. Not sure I'll keep playing when the new expansion comes out. I'm not against MoP, I just prefer the Star Wars feel/stories and even classes to WoW's and hope more people flock over here by then as well as hope it will be more polished by then. Edited by Strawwberry

7 85's in WoW and a couple normal mode Deathwing kills. Played it quite a bit and I still love it, but I'm taking a break from WoW for now and focusing on ToR. I'll probably re-sub maybe a month before MoP.

Right now ToR is a nice relaxing switch from raiding in WoW and I'm loving it.