Healer Choice in PvP

Untalented

I've got an assassin already and even though I really would like a Sorc, I don't want to roll another Inq. So I guess I'm left to choose between a BH and an Op. I'm just curious whom is more effective in PvP in terms of survivability and utility? Any input would be appreciated.

I played Merc and Sorc healers, and Sorc is considerably better. Merc is somewhat decent but not on par with Sorc.

Operative I think is between the two others in viability. Hard to tell - I've seen very very few of them in warzones.

Survivability the Merc is fairly hard to kill but has zero mobility, and utility is limited to the stun and the melee AoE knockback. Damage potential is surprisingly high though - Power Shot hurts a lot.

Operative is more based on healing over time and has more instant abilities, so better mobility. Can't really tell more, though.

Well....probably BH, I guess. That is only if you are choosing between operative healer and BH healer though.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd just suck it up and make a sorcerer. You can always choose a different moral alignment for a bit of variety. They are extremely powerful PvP healers. How many other classes do you consistently see near the top of both damage and healing done? They are popular for a reason.

Edited by belialle

Well....probably BH, I guess. That is only if you are choosing between operative healer and BH healer though.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd just suck it up and make a sorcerer. You can always choose a different moral alignment for a bit of variety. They are extremely powerful PvP healers. How many other classes do you consistently see near the top of both damage and healing done? They are popular for a reason.

Healing numbers for sorcs aren't always that accurate. We can effectively pad the numbers by lifetapping and healing ourselves and it is stupid. We are powerful healers but remember to keep the lifetapping thing in mind.

I haven't seen screenshots where any sorcerer is the top of both DPS and healing? Feel free to share some?

Sorcs have a lot of throughput but aren't as mobile. Ops are much more mobile and have a lot of instants but it's harder to keep someone up being focused by multiple people.

Ops have one instant HOT. And they have one small instant heal that is high up in their talent tree. It requires tactical advantage to use, which they get from procs on their hots or their big slow heal. However, if you spend another talent point on it, you can get fairly decent use out of it on low health targets. So....two instants. I'd rather have the bubble and all the other nifty things that sorc's bring to the table (including their damage output, apparently :p).

I wouldn't exactly call that a lot, especially when you compare it to the benefits of the other two classes in PvP healing. Don't get me wrong. I still have fun with it. The sound effects are cool, and the story is awesome.

Edited by belialle

Unless there's some ability I forgot to use, a Sorc healer's DPS is pathetic. Merc healers literally do twice as much.

Yes, Sorcs can artificially buff their healing through Sacrifice, but I don't do that and yet I still had about 20% more healing with my ungeared level 50 Sorc than my Champion-geared Merc. Mainly because Sorcs have an AoE heal that actually heals something (Kolto Missile is a joke), but single-target healing is stronger as well.

I haven't seen screenshots where any sorcerer is the top of both DPS and healing? Feel free to share some?

Please take note of the fact that I said near the top. I frequently see sorcerers near the top in both damage and healing done (top 3 or so). I think that most (all?) of them are probably specced for damage, maybe? I'll start taking screencaps of this just for you. I'm sure it's something that happens only on my server. :rolleyes:

Edited by belialle

Healing numbers for sorcs aren't always that accurate. We can effectively pad the numbers by lifetapping and healing ourselves and it is stupid. We are powerful healers but remember to keep the lifetapping thing in mind.

Yeah, true enough. It is entirely possible that people are just abusing class mechanics to farm medals. Probable, even.

Still, I think that we are getting sidetracked here. I'm sorry I even mentioned it. Regardless of any damage done -- if they did zero damage -- I'd still recommend a sorc for PvP healing. The utility they bring is just too good to ignore.

Edited by belialle

Anyone can do this, though. Just jump in the huttball fires.

Anyone can do this, though. Just jump in the huttball fires.

I don't know why they decided to let environmental hazard damage count as player damage. It's weird.

On a related note, did you know that I give myself tactical advantage when I kill myself by jumping off a cliff? The first time I saw that, I thought it was kind of funny. :]

heals:

Sorc = best by far, big heals, ground heal, and BUBBLE (the bubble is the best "heal" in the game by far)

Bh = second best, not as good as sorc but much much better than op

Op = useless, seriously don't waste your time, they run out of energy too easily and you give yourself rsi spamming all the mediocre heals and dots. This combined with the operatives mega damage nerf this week there's seriously no point playing one.

Edited by Evuke

A guildee operative of mine, seem's to be more efficient on his healing than I am on sorc. He also gets similar heal stats to me in warzones. His name is Servitude on Scepter of Ragnos, his greater heal (with lesser stats) heals more than mine does, he often breaks the 6k margin, where as mine max out at around 5.2k. Edited by Proppa

Op = useless, seriously don't waste your time, they run out of energy too easily and you give yourself rsi spamming all the mediocre heals and dots. This combined with the operatives mega damage nerf this week there's seriously no point playing one.

Having played Operative up to rank 57 with healer spec, I can say with some confidence that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Operative healers aren't affected by the upcoming nerf ~at all. The only thing it "affects" for me, is the 20% cutback on Hidden Strike. Which I rarely use anyways, usually at the start of fights with relic+adrenal to cheese out a 2.5k hit.

Edited by Youmu

Jeez, still have no idea what to pick, lol.

What is the nerf that's coming?

It mainly affects Concealment operatives.

-20% damage on Hidden Strike (not a big loss as a healer, while you do/can/may use HS, it's far from being our primary focus)

30% Armor Penetration on Acid Blade (currently 50%. Acid Blade is 31pt Concealment talent, you won't ever use it as a Healer operative).

1.5s stun on Jarring Strike (down from 3s. Causes a stun with Hidden Strike. Again, it's way too high in Concealment tree for Healing Operatives to care).

Edited by Youmu

It mainly affects Concealment operatives.

-20% damage on Hidden Strike (not a big loss as a healer, while you do/can/may use HS, it's far from being our primary focus)

30% Armor Penetration on Acid Blade (currently 50%. Acid Blade is 31pt Concealment talent, you won't ever use it as a Healer operative).

1.5s stun on Jarring Strike (down from 3s. Causes a stun with Hidden Strike. Again, it's way too high in Concealment tree for Healing Operatives to care).

Ah, ic. I'm leaning towards BH I think. Is the survivability of a BH vs. a sorc. similar at all?

Ah, ic. I'm leaning towards BH I think. Is the survivability of a BH vs. a sorc. similar at all?

No, sorcs have way better survivability (bubble), bh's are squishy (don't let the heavy armor fool you, it means nothing in pvp).

try not to let the fanbois with their "all healers are great and equal" crap fool you, there is only 1 top healer.

Edited by Evuke

Tsk Tsk....

When will people learn! It's not about the class, its about the players skill playing it!

That being said I have 3 healers. Scoundrel, Consular, and Trooper. I by far prefer my Scoundrel and would pick her for pvp any day over the others.

With regard to the concerns regarding high heal and damage results for Sorcerors at the end of Warzones, this is achieved through use of the Madness tree. Specifically Death Field, and Parasitism.

The numbers you see there for healing are almost all self-healing.

It's been a while since I played a Sorceror healer, but it was very effective. I'm currently raising a Scoundrel to see how that fares in healing.