why does everyone..

Hellraged

Think just because you can run WoW on high , that you should be able to run SWTOR on high? is WoW like cyrsis or something where its the BEST graphics you can get? ROFL cartoons ppl cartoons...

Because some people are idiots. WoW has some of the worst graphics of all the MMO's out there. FFXI has better graphics. :)

Anyways, not everyone thinks that as some of us are not that dense.

dude, i have a dual core. DUAL CORE as in 2 freaking cores @ 2ghz alright? 4 gigs of DDR2... not 1 but 2! at 800 freakin mhz! and aa ati 4850, not 100, 200 300... FOUR THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDREAD AND FIFTY.

this game is clearly just poorly made if i cant max it. the guy at Kmart assured me this was a beast system. its a legit compaq, not some noname brand.

Emirite?

Edited by XplaguesX

I agree. Although I was annoyed with SWTOR not running smoothly even on 1024x768 on the lowest settings just a week ago, I'm glad it's graphically intensive enough to warrant the purchase of the new computer I just got :D cause the game looks AWESOME maxed out!

whereas WoW looks like it's still 2004.. >_>

I can run skyrim on max (with 0 AA) at 1/2 the resource usage and 80fps. I can run swtor on high settings (no AA again, note: not even their max settings which will be implemented eventually) and i get btwn 40-70. The graphics in swtor are only a SMALL step above wow IMO, and take way more resources than they should as well as being incredibly unstable.

bf3 runs on ultra here, this game gives me bad fps on warzones, clearly something is wrong with the game, stop offending people that are having compatibility problems with this game.

Thinking you should run it well because of wow is quite ridiculous though I can agree on that. =p

dude, i have a dual core. DUAL CORE as in 2 freaking cores @ 2ghz alright? 4 gigs of DDR2... not 1 but 2! at 800 freakin mhz! and aa ati 4850, not 100, 200 300... FOUR THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDREAD AND FIFTY.

this game is clearly just poorly made if i cant max it. the guy at Kmart assured me this was a beast system. its a legit compaq, not some noname brand.

Emirite?

Please please tell me this was a joke! If not I still LOL when I read it :)

all you people compairing tihs to Skyrim and BF3 ... this is a MMORPG.... it is more pc intensive than a damn single player game or a FPS..

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

No.

Graphicly MMO's are less intensive due to the whole 'we need x amount of people paying us per month, we can't hammer their systems or they'll leave us, we can't set things too high or we'll lose out on Y% of the potential subs market."

Where as other PC games tend to hit the ssytem as hard as they can, since they market on 'Look at me, look how pretty I am, buy me I'm so pretty, so much prettier than that game over there!"

all you people compairing this to Skyrim and BF3 ... this is a MMORPG.... it is more pc intensive than a damn single player game or a FPS..

What p!ss poorly optimized graphics engine has to do with MMORPG?

If you can run new game on old hardware, that means only 1 thing. Game is been optimized very good.

Probably this is the most ridiculous die hard fan boy statement, I have seen so far.

Don't insult engineers who wrote game you love with your stupidity.

Edited by Chaffery

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

No.

Graphicly MMO's are less intensive due to the whole 'we need x amount of people paying us per month, we can't hammer their systems or they'll leave us, we can't set things too high or we'll lose out on Y% of the potential subs market."

Where as other PC games tend to hit the ssytem as hard as they can, since they market on 'Look at me, look how pretty I am, buy me I'm so pretty, so much prettier than that game over there!"

those games dont have hundreds if not thousands of people running around.

Think just because you can run WoW on high , that you should be able to run SWTOR on high? is WoW like cyrsis or something where its the BEST graphics you can get? ROFL cartoons ppl cartoons...

Not everyone thinks that. I think what you meant to say was,

"Why do people who don't really know anything about computers think that a WoW machine can run TOR?"

yep, looks about right.

Most of the WoW players don't have the ability to use critical thinking skills, therefore they use their nonsensical logic bashing club whenever trying out a new mmorpgs.

I do kinda feel like because I can run skyrim on ultra I should be able to run Sw:Tor on high.

Not to mention Rift is an MMO, and so is Aion and I can run either one of those on high, and their high isn't medium.

>2012, no DX11.

Edited by areto