Nvidia question

FrozenRage

So I bought the game finally yesterday after getting paid this week and taking care of some bills. Anyways I installed it on my computer and boot it up and the game is running really low fps. I set all the graphics down to low, turned off anti-aliasing and turned down the trees and grass below 25% each. I also turned off shadows which seemed to help greatly. My question is after reading a few threads I came across it seems to be the general agreement from those threads that it is something to do with Nvidia graphics cards. I've ran WoW fine for a couple years and BF3 isn't an issue. So I was wondering if changing the graphics card to a different brand would help? I was also thinking of just building a new computer but need to save the money up for that first. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Not Nvidia cards, game puts video card under heavy load. So only cards with good cooling work well.

Got my GF9600M GT working fine, after doing lot of tweaks. But yes, I had problem after 1.0.1, my GPU started dropping clocks in to safe state (internal GPU protection).

Managed deal with that problem buy lowering video RAM clock for 20Mhz with over clocking tool.

Not Nvidia cards, game puts video card under heavy load. So only cards with good cooling work well.

Got my GF9600M GT working fine, after doing lot of tweaks. But yes, I had problem after 1.0.1, my GPU started dropping clocks in to safe state (internal GPU protection).

Managed deal with that problem buy lowering video RAM clock for 20Mhz with over clocking tool.

heavy? game barely loads my 435m gpu for 80% at peak loads (!).

not ever temperature has reached factory limit.

the game just does not use all the gpu power. why? I think the engine is bugged someway.

P.S.

latest drivers installed.

P.P.S.

the game runs very good, except for fleet/wz, as usual.

Edited by Sol_Taril

heavy? game barely loads my 435m gpu for 80% at peak loads (!).

not ever temperature has reached factory limit.

the game just does not use all the gpu power. why? I think the engine is bugged someway.

P.S.

latest drivers installed.

I'll bet your card doing same as mine did. You could download GPU-Z and see what is going on.

What are clocks after windows comes up, what happens when you start any other game and what happens when you run TOR.

I don't remember what was load when my GPU was dropping clocks but after I figured out how to fix problem. My GPU been always on 99% since then.

It is GPU internal protection, protection thinks that under current load GPU gets over cooked, so protection drops cpu clock and shader clock in to safe operating state.

Edited by Chaffery

Good for you, I never ran in to that problem before, obviously my GPU never been so over loaded. Despite I have been playing other games on my laptop, including WoW.

After googleing I found out that such behaviour is pretty normal for modern video cards due over heating.

Have you tried updating your drivers? also what are your spec's?

Well I'm looking into that. As I said I'm looking to get a new computer in the next 4 months cause the one I'm using belongs to my roommate. Let me get back to y'all with my specs in just a minute lol. Playing some Xbox Live at the moment.

my nvidia 560 gtx runs this game like a dream, ofcourse paired with a i5 3.30 ghrz 2000k cpu , and 8 gig 2100 ddr3 ram.

Same here with a GTX560Ti, i5 at 3.8ghz, and 12gig ram.

Seems to me more problems are with the AMD combos

Ok to those wanting to know the specs of this computer they are:

AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad Core Processor

5120MB System Memory

750GB Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 9300GE

Windows 7 64 bit.

Need any other specs?

I was under the impression that this computer would be good enough to run at least at 30 fps but I'm consistently down around 8-15 fps which is killing me. Especially when someone is talking to me for a quest and the game skips along =/

thought ide share this since ive not seen a post like this....

i was running a nvidia 8800 and the thing burned up when i was playing TOR lol.

didnt understand what wasa going on, so i took it out, then put it back in with some new drivers, and i guess putting in a piece of hardware that was alread burned up, it fried my whole system lol....so i havent been able to play this game for a month :( (geek squad confirmed a burned up card after the dammage had been done)

so to anyone that could possibly have a problem like this in the future since this game is hard on graphics cards....if you get blue screens about your graphics, its most likely a hardware issue, and not a driver problem like i thought lol....TAKE IT OUT IMMEDIATALLY!

Edited by displaynamee

5120MB System Memory

750GB Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 9300GE

Windows 7 64 bit.

Need any other specs?

I was under the impression that this computer would be good enough to run at least at 30 fps but I'm consistently down around 8-15 fps which is killing me. Especially when someone is talking to me for a quest and the game skips along =/

Your problem is highlighted.

With a card like that, you can't really expect to get anything above 30fps, in all honesty 30fps with that card, is pretty darn good if not impossible. So yah around the 15 mark seems about right.

Edited by Heavens_Night

Your problem is highlighted.

With a card like that, you can't really expect to get anything above 30fps, in all honesty 30fps with that card, is pretty darn good if not impossible. So yah around the 15 mark seems about right.

Thank you very much, I kinda figured after I read the specs on the computer it might have been that xp well guess I know what to do now lol

got a GTX 460 running on full settings. runs between 80fps -110fps when out and about on planets like balmorra and narshadaa (at least thats what it says at the corner of screen) on tatooine its stays around 100fps it does drop alot when i hit the fleet drops to about 30fps while loading everything up..then hovers at 40-70fps there. was having more issues at the start with things not loading up and parts of distant mountains showing up as white blocks but updated drivers and everything is fine now.

5120MB System Memory

750GB Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 9300GE

Windows 7 64 bit.

ya brah, get into the 5xx series 520-580....those are the newest and something i plan to get soon

5120MB System Memory

750GB Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 9300GE

Windows 7 64 bit.

Need any other specs?

your video card sucks, would get a 560 gtx or something :p

So I bought the game finally yesterday after getting paid this week and taking care of some bills. Anyways I installed it on my computer and boot it up and the game is running really low fps. I set all the graphics down to low, turned off anti-aliasing and turned down the trees and grass below 25% each. I also turned off shadows which seemed to help greatly. My question is after reading a few threads I came across it seems to be the general agreement from those threads that it is something to do with Nvidia graphics cards. I've ran WoW fine for a couple years and BF3 isn't an issue. So I was wondering if changing the graphics card to a different brand would help? I was also thinking of just building a new computer but need to save the money up for that first. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You neglected to say if you Turned Bloom off, as it Bumps up FPS haveing it off,

in patch 1.1 though my Nivida geforce gt 420 1GB DDR3 whent from 15-30 fps - to 25-40 fps so @ lest something was Fixed or tweeked (for my card at lest)

You neglected to say if you Turned Bloom off, as it Bumps up FPS haveing it off,

in patch 1.1 though my Nivida geforce gt 420 1GB DDR3 whent from 15-30 fps - to 25-40 fps so @ lest something was Fixed or tweeked (for my card at lest)

Yea bloom is off lol. Where do you look to find out what your fps is when your playing? I have yet to see anything on the HUD telling me the fps. I just usually guess it lol.