Reverse engineering bug post patch?

Azygous

This is pure bad luck, possible level of reputation with companions or bonus from them. it doesnt matter if you RE 1 thing or 1000 things. the chance to unlock something aka drop is exactly the same as getting a epic loot drop from a mob.

Its a % chance on RE'ing something, so even though you RE more things doesnt increase your chance of getting something for the more you do, its simply the more you do then the more chances you have of unlocking something from RE'ing one thing.

I've been REing batches of armour plating... usually 25 greens at a time (normally 5-6 types). The worst I had was one pattern in all 25, the best was 5 unique patterns in less. The RNG can be a blessing or a curse, but Random does not mean guaranteed.

My experiences with Biochem have the last days since 1.1 have lead me to believe that there has been a seceret 'nerf' in the proc chance of a RE gaining a new schematic. Pre patch i never had to RE more than about 15-20 of an item to get a new one.... this time however i RE'd 60 and got no schematic... this was a blue to purple RE.

If my gut feeling is true then i wish they wouldnt 'sneak' changes into the game below the radar as it gives the wrong image of patching.

I know it's random and luck but I'm wondering if there is a bug depending on the type of armor (ie belt, gloves, etc) + the original mod you had on it.

On Monday I started to RE Critical Force User Bracers. I, very quickly, learned schematics for Fervor and Leadership. I then realized that I really wanted the Expert mod on them so I switched over to RE Overkill Force User Bracers. I have since learned ZERO schematics and have RE'd close to 100 Overkills.

Like I said, I know it's random and luck but this really can't be a coincidence can it?

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

After patch 1.1 dropped, I have reverse engineered a total of 424 blue earpieces. The first one took me 201 to get the purple recipe. The second one took me 223.

I understand how things can be random and we could just collectively be having bad luck. The problem with people using the "you don't know what random means" excuse is...is that a bug COULD actually exist, and we would not have any way of knowing about it.

Something just seems OFF with my numbers regarding reverse engineering post 1.1. I was surprised to come here and find this topic.

Sorry for you. I do earpieces as well, and had 2 discoveries yesterday and the day before.

Both after (I think) 17 and 11 RE tries. I keep track, but don't have the exact numbers with me.

So... It's just bad luck. Lots of RE by lots of people means quite some people that are way of the norm.

Did you already have items from the blues, getting a "you already know that"? Over 200 tries seems HUGE. So there really might be a bug.

Reversed 20 green implants (same type) and not a single blue schemic. I know that there is a chance and everything but did anyone experience this post patch with biochem or other crafting skills?

Same thing here - artificer.

Made 15 copies of two hilt types (30 total)

Made 5 copies of two off-hands (10 total)

Made 10 copies of two crystals (20 total)

reverse-engineering = ZERO upgraded plans.

Reverse-engineering is now useless as making the green version so many times means you reach the next threshold of that item before you see a blue.

Edited by OdonKnight

Can you RE a purple to to something better? i've never seen anything but I haven't looked around extensively. Figured I would check before I start shooting for it.

Only if it started as a blue or purple recipe before it became purple. The first RE gives a T1 prefix, the second RE gives a Tier 2.

You can then do it like this:

Starting with a green recipe -> Blue Tier 1 -> purple Tier 2

Starting with A blue recipe (eg: a dropped schematic) -> Purple Tier 1 -> Purple Tier 2

I'm not sure if you can convert dropped purple recipes into T1/T2 prefixes, because I'm not that familiar with them. I seem to recall some saying these do not have T1/T2 prefix variants due to their already high Rating due to where they're found (HM dungeons/raids).

Of course, that's if you use the tiered system. I'm unfamiliar with the linear progression items like mods, hilts, and such.

Edited by StealthStalker

Was just about to make a post about the same thing.

Reversed 5 greens, learned "Critical" version of Nano-Optic Response Implant. So far reversed about 45 more greens trying to get the Redoubt version and nothing. I'd put this down to RNG but I've never had this much trouble getting a blue reversal from a green.

yep, yep. Bout the only thing frustrating me with this game is the RNG on this, especially with greens. Just turned over 20 trying for a blue, not even to sell, just to keep my toon up to date. spent over 6 hours yesterday trying to upgrade him.

In most cases, by the time you turn the patterns, he is past the level to use them. Ats not good.

Easy fix is to increase the percentage with each try. One percent chance on first try, 2 percent second try, 4 percent third try, 8 percent forth try so that we can atleast see some light at the end of the tunnel and spend more time enjoying the game then we do sitting there turning items, running back for more supplies, researching even more, then failing again.

Enjoyment is never built on failure or the unknown. It is built upon a platform of effort and success. This is not. Really turning me off to crafting. I'd hate to go the way of just selling mats and buying stuff, but

Reverse-engineering is now useless as making the green version so many times means you reach the next threshold of that item before you see a blue.

No, it would be useless if your skill *and* your level reaches the ability to make/use the next item before you see a blue, and you weren't planning on ever selling the stuff. (IME greens don't sell. I certainly don't buy them.)

yeah, something wrong here.

Just tried to work an RE to see how long it is taking. Pushing 40 tries to turn a green with a level 25 item (10 Resolve Mod).

I'm wondering if its linked in some way to the reflex mod that I've already made (took about 5 tries before the patch), and somehow shutting out the Resolve mod?

There is no way a green should take upwards of 40 tries. Something is definitely borked here.

Edited by Blackardin

Ok, just tried something that appears to have worked.

Made (10 reflex mod) about 6. RE them last night. On 5th one it went blue. This has been the case with virtually every blue I've made. Usually 5 to 15 tries.

Right after that I Made green (10 resolve mod), going on 42 tries with no luck. This was done right after doing the reflex mod of the same level (between tonight and last night).

Out of curiosity, I made one more green (reflex mod 10) and tried to RE it. Of course it was already turned, and just gave me a few mats. The interesting thing here is that after doing so, the very next (resolve mod 10) turned the blue pattern.

Probably just coincidence, but I'm wondering, as I stated in the previous post, if there is a bug that is causing some sort of link between patterns? Seeing the blue reflex mod as a blue resolve mod, only broken by a further attempt? ....or something? Not sure, just a thought based on a previous hunch and what I just witnessed.

I've had the same experience. For the past 30 days i've quickly RE'ed items from Green to purple. Since 1.1 its gone very slowly for me. IMO, i dont think that it is a coincidence.

Have you guys thought about this being done on purpose and it is not a bug? What if the devs wanted to get a bunch of the player made items in to the market the first month to meet demand and then "tightened up the belt" after 30 days?

So this morning I got 7 schems out of 14 tries. This evening 1 schem out of 30 or so tries.

By the logic of so many people here I guess I'm to presume that something was broken or patched during the day today that caused this terrible streak of what surely can not just be bad luck, right?

Ya'll do realize how preposterous you sound, right?

So this morning I got 7 schems out of 14 tries. This evening 1 schem out of 30 or so tries.

By the logic of so many people here I guess I'm to presume that something was broken or patched during the day today that caused this terrible streak of what surely can not just be bad luck, right?

Ya'll do realize how preposterous you sound, right?

Riiiight, the guy bemoaning the thread is just having stellar luck.

62 RE green and zero blue results so far; they really need to up the chance because right now it's pathetic.

lol 40-50 tries is not that bad

although there could be a bug, in the last 2 days i have reverse engineered the same lvl 49 blue earpiece 300 times and no purple :(

I'd like to think its a bug but I suspect the purple schematic gods just hate me

Edited by Couch_Goblin