Knock it off with the 9 minutes to be resurrected!

sadatoni

See title.

I can only assume you're referring to either probes or the spell. Where to start?

1. For probes to get up to 9minutes you must die quite a bit and increase the time, its only fair that there's a penalty for self-ressing.

2. You can always corpse run from the nearest medical center, as is required by many MMOs anyway, so the option of the probe is a bonus.

3. If you're referring to the spell it only has a CD for non-healers who, traditionally, wouldn't have resurrect at all. Just be careful to resurrect your healer and you'll suffer no disadvantage!

Wow....you're really complaining about the time it takes to be resurrected? In a game where there is no death debt, very little repair bill after dying multiple times, and they allow you to rez yourself right where you died 90% of the time. 95% of the time, they put a spawn point about 50 meters from where you died. And you're complaining about the rez time. Have you ever played any other mmo? Edited by tmblake

I've often wondered what the rational was behind increasing this time per death was anyway. Especially since it seems to reset rather quickly.

It's to keep people from abusing the system, and a good idea.

There is no 9-minute timer to revive, as far as I know. There may be for the in-place revive, but there are at least a couple other options if you don't want to wait that long, one of them quite obvious.

Edited by Pink_Saber

I have to agree, stop dying and use common sense; "hey...this is the second time I've died, I oviously need help. Guess I'll got to med-center and ask for some".

Though, my previous comment stands. Why increment the time between rezzes? What game mechanic does it bolster / inhibit? If we're talking merelt gear damage upon death, then increasing the time you stay dead doesn't really do anything other than delay your game.

It's to keep people from abusing the system, and a good idea.

There is no 9-minute timer to revive, as far as I know. There may be for the in-place revive, but there are at least a couple other options if you don't want to wait that long, one of them quite obvious.

I've gotten it up to 10 minutes.

%*@##$ Avatar of Sel-Makor...

Just having the med probe is a godsend, so it's natural that the CD increases.

Just don't go rambo the second the Stealth Field is over and you'll almost never see the CD.

Unless you're like me, who jumps down elevators to your death all the time. :cool: