Troopers are not op? Please explain?

_Exroath_

I 100% disagree that the troopers are not op.

They have shields, heals, heavy armor and the I win button grav round. I can sit pumping everything into a trooper as a sniper (lvl 50 full pvp gear) and the trooper will take it all .. laugh shield and heal up. (i cant interrupt everything).

If they group up .. well that basically seems to make them immortal :S

Please dont give me the l2p crap. Im an empire player and would like to understand the class i cant kill more (so that i can kill it)

Im noticing that pvp matches are becoming sages and troopers only matches.

The ops just had a nerf which i disagree with slightly, I feel that the stuns in this game are the problem.

However i dont understand why troopers are untouched?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again im reminded why i dont post on these forums.

PLEASE READ

Im trying to understand the class.

I wrote that they seem to have everything SEEM !!!

Im not here for ******** qq about classes

Im here to learn about a class i have issues with.

HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND

PLEASE READ

Is this your first MMO? They're a caster class. They cast their abilities.

You dont understand why the nerf on OP but you think troppers are OP ?

Close this thread plis because anyone who reads OP post is bound to be dumber.

Do you even read things before posting? It clearly says i dont agree with it .. not because i dont understand it ..

I then added that i feel that stuns are the main issue ..

LEARN TO READ

troopers do need a nerf. They output way too much damage while maintaning very high surviveability. They can take all the damage i can dish out and just laugh. Most matches sem to have 4-5 troopers. I also do not understand how i can los them yeg still get hit by that cannon over and over.

How is it a class with the highest armor can do zo much damage.

PLEASE READ

Roll a BH since you are empire and see if you thibk it's OP when playing it.

Why is it so hard to get an answer to my original post?

I hate these forums, its nothing but attacking and trolling ...

I explained my problem

I explained how the class feels to me

Yet no one reads anything .. they just attack.. or tell me to reroll

Why is it so hard to get an answer to my original post?

I hate these forums, its nothing but attacking and trolling ...

I explained my problem

I explained how the class feels to me

Yet no one reads anything .. they just attack.. or tell me to reroll

It's simple. You need first hand information, do you think that the pvp forums is the place to go to get accurate info about class balance? All it is is whine threads about the class that kills that particular poster the most.

If you want to understand the balance experience it from both sides. Not just fighting them but playing as one.

It's simple. You need first hand information, do you think that the pvp forums is the place to go to get accurate info about class balance? All it is is whine threads about the class that kills that particular poster the most.

If you want to understand the balance experience it from both sides. Not just fighting them but playing as one.

*shock* *dies*

An actual answer!

Yeah that does seem to be the only way. I honestly cant see any downsides in that class they seem to be walking swiss army knifes .

But i'll roll one, thanks for some proper input

I've found fights against snipers quite even on my BH. If they know how to interupt.

BH/Troppers have very high damage out put but only in short bursts, heat/ammo seems to disappear in 4 - 5 abilities if nuking.

During our nuke we have to stand still to Unload and Tracer Missle, this is easy to LoS or just run out of range.

Tip: Try to stay at max range from a tropper, if it looks like you're going to lose just run out of range, Troppers/BH suck at dpsing on the go!

Another tip: Always stay near pillars, if a tropper focuses on you just hide and pop out now and again to use instant CDs, this also work great against sages.

1 tip for the road: Troppers need to be focused by pretty much everyone when they start facerolling grav shot, healers will thank you!

A bad BH/Tropper will use Trace Missle/Grav Shot 80% of the time, i use it twice at the start and once during the battle to keep stacks up.

Thats why i find troopers odd, I seem to have no issues with bounty hunters, Powertechs do give me a few issues , but its a tank so thats expected.

I cant do the pop in and out thing as an mm sniper and poison doesnt have the burst to kill people (no matter what all the fan boys say its more a support role) .

1 tip for the road: Troppers need to be focused by pretty much everyone when they start facerolling grav shot, healers will thank you!

I have a powertech but not a merc, I dont seem to remember BH's having something as powerful as grav shot am i mistaken?

Thats why i find troopers odd, I seem to have no issues with bounty hunters, Powertechs do give me a few issues , but its a tank so thats expected.

I cant do the pop in and out thing as an mm sniper and poison doesnt have the burst to kill people (no matter what all the fan boys say its more a support role) .

I have a powertech but not a merc, I dont seem to remember BH's having something as powerful as grav shot am i mistaken?

Tracer Missles

They have shields, heals, heavy armor and the I win button grav round. I can sit pumping everything into a trooper as a sniper (lvl 50 full pvp gear) and the trooper will take it all .. laugh shield and heal up. (i cant interrupt everything).

Please dont give me the l2p crap. Im an empire player and would like to understand the class i cant kill more (so that i can kill it)

The ops just had a nerf which i disagree with slightly, I feel that the stuns in this game are the problem.

Vanguards have shields, Commandos do not. The shields that Vanguards have only occasionaly trigger and much of the damage done in PvP actually bypasses shields, so they are next to useless. Quite a few pvp orientated vanguards have dropped the shield spec altogether. You can take a vanguard down really fast with the right attack types.

Commandos have healing, Vanguards do not. (well nothing significant)

Commandos have grav rounds, Vanguards have laughable mortar animations.

As troopers we are supposed to be tough to kill. Healing specs on all classes may be a little op in this game but sadly they have to balance it out with the pve side which is based on mobs doing heavy hitting, so they cant nerf that. You cant increase damage to counter it either because classes without healing will get decimated.

Combinations of Vanguards and Commandos can be really tough, but the same goes for Mercernarys and Powertechs. I dont know how they feel about the trooper classes but their damage to us seems to be a lot higher than ours to them because of the type involved.

Vanguards have shields, Commandos do not. The shields that Vanguards have only occasionaly trigger and much of the damage done in PvP actually bypasses shields, so they are next to useless. Quite a few pvp orientated vanguards have dropped the shield spec altogether. You can take a vanguard down really fast with the right attack types.

Commandos have healing, Vanguards do not. (well nothing significant)

Commandos have grav rounds, Vanguards have laughable mortar animations.

As troopers we are supposed to be tough to kill. Healing specs on all classes may be a little op in this game but sadly they have to balance it out with the pve side which is based on mobs doing heavy hitting, so they cant nerf that. You cant increase damage to counter it either because classes without healing will get decimated.

Combinations of Vanguards and Commandos can be really tough, but the same goes for Mercernarys and Powertechs. I dont know how they feel about the trooper classes but their damage to us seems to be a lot higher than ours to them because of the type involved.

Commandos have shield. 12 seconds every 2 minutes.

Commandos have shield. 12 seconds every 2 minutes.

Yeah but this is such a minor buff that the chance of you encountering it enough to be a problem is slim, unless you are hugely unlucky. You have 108 seconds out of every 120 without a shield.

Vanguards have a heal on a similar time scale but I would class vanguards as being able to heal. Its a minor, very limited buff.

A Trooper can't have a shield, grav round AND a heal. Unless you count Reactive Shield (25% incoming damage reduction for 12s every 120s), which is unimpressive until you spec deep into Assault, or are a Vanguard.

Commando has Grav Round in the middle of the Gunnery tree. And Grav Round is not the killer, Demo Round (the 31pt skill) is.

Commando has heals, two of them, but they're incredibly weak if you don't spec into Combat Medic, meaning you don't have Grav or Demo as well. One heal is a 1.5s cast with a CD, the other is a 2.5s cast that you will never, ever successfully cast in combat unless you're specced into lower pushback from the Medic line. Their healing is below 2 or 3k respectively, if they don't crit.

And finally, heavy armor means absolutely nothing in this game. The reduction difference between medium and heavy armor alone is below 10%. One half of the damage types ignore it, and there are dozens of armor ignore, reduce and penetrate skills in the game. Until you start using actual defensive skills, heavy armor does not help.

How to kill:

Vanguard - Arguably hard to counter if played well, but their damage is not as high as the last two types.

Medic - Focus him, interrupt Medical Probe (the long cast no-CD heal). Most Medics are countered by their own team's LOSing them, and they're easy to identify due to the green "TARGET ME" beam.

Gunnery - LOS, interrupt grav round, engage in melee, don't ignore, etc. They're basically a turret. They also lack the ammo required to kill the tankier classes in any reasonable amount of time (under 30s).

Assault - No actual counters, they're more mobile with DoTs and instants, but their toolset is somewhat limited.

Edited by TheRealBoz

1. Trooper can't hit you, if he doesn't see you.

2. You have a debuff shot which decreases armor for freaking 45 secs by 20%.

3. Learn to use the Skill breaker

4. Use Flash bang, nut kick, pulse detonator

5. Use your coverbuff. You are not a living gun turret, at least most of the time you shouldnt be.

6. As sniper it's not your task to shoot troopers. Your task is to shoot at Sorcs/Sage and those squishy melees.

7.As sniper you have an AEfield(20% Damage reduction for all players under that field), a personal shield and another skill to reduce damage. Together with the coverbuff, you are harder to kill then many other classes in the game.

l2p