Will lack of innovation REALLY hurt this game success?

relapes

What the title says.

I know I probably will get a lot of "no" because this place being rampant with fanboys, but I think similarities to WoW will hurt this game for a lot of people.

No.

I want the crybabies to go nappy poo. Talk about the good things instead of nitpicking things to complain about.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice insults, mate. If you have a real argument to provide, to backup your claims, do post again.

You hold yourself on a pedestal yet you already admitted you are here just to bash, that's like a homeless man preaching financial tips its pretty *********** hilarious.

Early access=/launch, quit overreacting 'The squeaky wheel gets the grease"

I know this game innovates a lot and I enjoyed this game very much in Beta, but my concern is that.....

IT DOESNT INNOVATE ENOUGH FOR THE GENERAL POPULATION, SO MOST WILL SEE THIS AS STALE AND MOVE ON

wait you cant tell the difference between WOW and TOR and saying TOR will die because of it and IM OVER REACTIING?

WOW (and not the game)

Sorry buddy but one look around the web tells you the innovation issue hasnt been a issue for a long time now

The launch is and no silly free access (if yits free you dont pay for it btw, figure since you didnt know what innovation means Id help you with free meaning as well) quote changes the reality of the situation!

Game is fine innovation wise and general gamer doesnt read the sites pushing the anti TOR innovation issue or comparisson to WOW agenda.

And you call others fanboys and then pull out the FREE PR slogan! shesh

More then enough content to keep a normal player happy and active for long time! I figured that out day 2 of my 2 month general beta stint.

wait you cant tell the difference between WOW and TOR and saying TOR will die because of it and IM OVER REACTIING?

WOW (and not the game)

Sorry buddy but one look around the web tells you the innovation issue hasnt been a issue for a long time now

The launch is and no silly free access (if yits free you dont pay for it btw, figure since you didnt know what innovation means Id help you with free meaning as well) quote changes the reality of the situation!

Game is fine innovation wise and general gamer doesnt read the sites pushing the anti TOR innovation issue or comparisson to WOW agenda.

And you call others fanboys and then pull out the FREE PR slogan! shesh

More then enough content to keep a normal player happy and active for long time! I figured that out day 2 of my 2 month general beta stint.

Free access is not a problem, they added 48 servers recently to help stabilize everything.

If I wanted God of War I would play that, I preffer traditional MMOs after my experience with Tera.

I have a feeling it might play more like DotA in 3rd person. Who knows? You probably won't be able to die as fast as DotA and it probably won't snowball as hard.

I didn't care for the first guild wars, but I am interested to see how the 2nd turns out.

LOL? It's WoW with voice acting and everyone has pets. Oh and the Star Wars setting of course.

If this is just WoW in space, then why did I decide to jump into MMOs with SWTOR instead of WoW?

Before you say "Because it is Star Wars", well then why didn't I start MMOs with Galaxies then?

I can't wait till you eat those words about this game....

Give it 6 months. This game will bleed just like RIFT. I would be shocked if it doesn't.

(and Rift is bleeding subs because it is just like this game and WOW. Reskinning a game doesn't make it "good" If companions are honestly enough to keep you playing longer than 6 months than I salute you.

I actually cant wait till you come back in six months and eat those words :).

If you have even played the game you would know how over simplified it is to say its reskinned wow. That is actually a disgrace in human judgement.

I suppose you should prepare to be shocked. It is the whole package that keeps people comming back. Not "just" companions or "just" voice acting or "just" unique classes with entirely different mechanics or "just" refined PvE or "just" fun PvE or "just" good story or "just" fun combat. All of these things together make a game. Yet I can accurately say the only thing GW2 has going for it is "just" PvP.

Hell at least this game has a chance to be doing very well in six months to a year. GW2 doesn't even have a chance at that kind of serious longevity.

I doubt even 500k will still be playing that game six months after release. Then again, who the hell cares?

I wouldn't care if 250k only played this game. That is enough for me to find a group so I'm fine. The thing about this game is I don't need you to have fun. To me the game is intensely fun just following my characters storyline. I could solo the entire thing. And I only actually need one other person to do a flashpoint (with companions) and only 3 others for a raid (with companions).

Less then 100k people still play ME. Yet I do. And i still love it.

In reality though this game has a much better chance of holding a large amount of subs then GW2. As proven by WAR not very many people actually care about PvP enough to make it their primary MMO.

But again, what do numbers matter? Regardless who plays what we both have our games. Why your still here on the other hand is mind boggling. This game clearly isn't for you. You see it as an MMO through and through when its more of an evolving KOTOR then it is an MMO. For that you will not enjoy the game nearly as much as I will.

You will be dissapointed with GW2 when the hype phase is over just as it always happens with games but you will still play and you will accept it for what it is. What does it matter to you that I think the game is boring trash?

Actually this ''wow stealing other's ideas'' is so funny it makes me lol all over.

How can you say Blizzard has stolen those ideas? They didn't actually steal them you know.

What made World of Warcraft such a success monster was the fact that Blizzard took most of the ideas from other games, like character functionality, group interface, exploration concepts, character progression, different game-mechanics etc. and IMPROVED them, PERFECTIONED them and INOVATED them to a high grade. This is what made WOW successful . This is why WOW is still on the market, and this is why the game will live for many years to come. Surely it has became a grind fest but hey...Lets speak about SWTOR after 7 years and see if there is 1 person out there that won't get bored by the cute-scene dialogues, by swtor quests, flashpoints or w/e.

Every game will become ''out-dated'' and boring. Why will you keep playing them still? Community! Community is the thing that will keep a MMO solid and up-running.

I mean come on ... some ppl get bored of their cars after some years, some ppl get bored of their job after some years, heck others get bored even of their wives/husbands lol...I don't see how you can't get bored of a virtual game. It's in the normality of things. It's how things work in life.

However, I would surely love to be on the same forums after 7 years commenting on SWTOR.

For some, WOW has achieved that!

What the title says.

I know I probably will get a lot of "no" because this place being rampant with fanboys, but I think similarities to WoW will hurt this game for a lot of people.

No. In the world of MMORPG what has been done recently in the "most successful" one (WoW)?

They have made a few minor changes here and there that I believe will really improve the pre-endgame content and make it feel less like a grind.

New games don't have to completely re-write the formula to be successful at ALL.

Look at all the CoD's since the first modern warfare. Same basic concept with a few changes here and there but all wildly successful.

If you have even played the game you would know how over simplified it is to say its reskinned wow. That is actually a disgrace in human judgement.

I suppose you should prepare to be shocked. It is the whole package that keeps people comming back. Not "just" companions or "just" voice acting or "just" unique classes with entirely different mechanics or "just" refined PvE or "just" fun PvE or "just" good story or "just" fun combat. All of these things together make a game. Yet I can accurately say the only thing GW2 has going for it is "just" PvP.

Hell at least this game has a chance to be doing very well in six months to a year. GW2 doesn't even have a chance at that kind of serious longevity.

I doubt even 500k will still be playing that game six months after release. Then again, who the hell cares?

I wouldn't care if 250k only played this game. That is enough for me to find a group so I'm fine. The thing about this game is I don't need you to have fun. To me the game is intensely fun just following my characters storyline. I could solo the entire thing. And I only actually need one other person to do a flashpoint (with companions) and only 3 others for a raid (with companions).

In reality though this game has a much better chance of holding a large amount of subs then GW2. As proven by WAR not very many people actually care about PvP enough to make it their primary MMO.

But again, what do numbers matter? Regardless who plays what we both have our games. Why your still here on the other hand is mind boggling. This game clearly isn't for you. You see it as an MMO through and through when its more of an evolving KOTOR then it is an MMO. For that you will not enjoy the game nearly as much as I will.

You will be dissapointed with GW2 when the hype phase is over just as it always happens with games but you will still play and you will accept it for what it is. What does it matter to you that I think the game is boring trash?

This game has a minimum of 2 million pre orders, about 30% who bought it think its a solid game and the devs have a lot of plans for the future, 300k sounds more likely.

YOUR EGO *GRUNTS* BLOCKS OUT SUN!

You obviously so stuck up on your "valid points" to recognize any others.

What point was he trying to make to me? That I'm stupid? sorry buddy but I'm 35 and have been playing pc games since I built my first pc at 22.

what point am I missing again? I have not argued against any point anyone has made. I'm not disagreeing at all as much as pointing out that this game has the same flaw that all mmo's have had since WOW's launch.

Get defensive all you want but that doesnt change anything.

Why would I ever consider some kid's point of view anyways that just call's people idiots? Is he trying to endear me?

It's a good game and I pre-ordered but honestly, my firends and I all agreed that we'll be done when Guild Wars II is released. That game sets a new standard for "Next Gen" games.

If by that you mean it's shinier, then yeah.

If you mean Gameplay wise, umm....you missed that boat 5 or 6 years ago....

I would ask you the same thing.

It's a good game and I pre-ordered but honestly, my firends and I all agreed that we'll be done when Guild Wars II is released. That game sets a new standard for "Next Gen" games.

You and your friends are like a secret agency planning things in the dark!

This game has a minimum of 2 million pre orders, about 30% who bought it think its a solid game and the devs have a lot of plans for the future, 300k sounds more likely.

Actually I've not seen a single negative comment about anyone whose been in the game.

My opinion as of now is more like 85% say its a solid game. last count was over 3 million preorders.

How the hell did you get 30%? making up statistics is a sin.

Thats not even an educated guess since I have to actually search to find a negative comment about the game. Every gamesite so far and everyone who has played it has reported having a lot of fun and staying with it for a long time.

The only two ratings I've seen so far were a 9.8 and 9.2. The same reviews that gave WoW an 8.9 and 9.1 respectively.

What point was he trying to make to me? That I'm stupid? sorry buddy but I'm 35 and have been playing pc games since I built my first pc at 22.

what point am I missing again? I have not argued against any point anyone has made. I'm not disagreeing at all as much as pointing out that this game has the same flaw that all mmo's have had since WOW's launch.

Get defensive all you want but that doesnt change anything.

Why would I ever consider some kid's point of view anyways that just call's people idiots? Is he trying to endear me?

YOU KEEP HOPPING ON THE "RIFT FAILED BECAUSE OF WOW CLONE!" nonsense regardless of my points.

Rift did just fine until developers made plenty of mistakes post launch and failed to develop content, the WoW formula had little to nothing to do with its downfall, but you are so determined to be right you will try to bend space and time if thats what it takes.