Khadorian

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your are changing your tune though.

Originally it was:

"2 healers in full pvp gear and its done, you wont kill much anyone that matters and the carrier WILL reach the end zone. The team with best geared healers win, the rest dont matter nearly as much"

Now all of a sudden it is:

"Thats 6 seconds in which you will do tickle the healer, buying time for backup to come, or for their dps to simple wipe the floor with you."

So Healers aren't meant to keep people alive til back up comes...

So just what is the role of a healer in a group game then exactly?

This whole thread seems to stem from this...

There were 3 of us and 3 of them and we couldn't kill them because they had a healer and we did not.....nerf healing.

What did you expect to happen when one team has the ability to refresh their health in combat and one team did not?

A single healer has to be able to heal faster than a single DPS can deal damage (ignoring interrupts/pushback). If not, there's no point in having healers at all.

Remember, when a healer is focusing on outhealing your damage, he generally doesn't have enough time/resources to deal any damage back to you (especially when factoring in interrupts/pushback). This results in long fights (or fights dependent on high burst DPS), but usually not unbalanced ones in my experience.

Also, it looks like a lot of the complaints here are about healers who are being guarded by tanks. What do you expect? It's called class synergy. 2vs2 or 3vs3 or 4vs4 the group with greater role diversity should always have an advantage. Otherwise, everyone would be better off just playing DPS all the time.

I was first disturbed by implying that healers other than sorcs are too strong in pvp.

I was FURTHER disturbed by the suggestion that Inquisitors would be a good recipient of a pvp buff.

0/10, troll harder. Or, if you're serious, learn to keybind your 12 second interrupt, stuns and knockbacks.

Edited by steinsgate

Sigh... it's painful to read the whole thread, in my opinion, someone here is trolling.

Anyways, I'll try to get this as polite as possible, but I imagine it'll be as frustrating as trying to teach algebra to 1st graders. Possible, but difficult if they don't want to listen.

First off: Whenever someone is attacked by someone in PVP, they are debuffed by something known as TRAUMA. This reduces all healing received by 30%. So now you're only receiving 70% healing. Say you did 100 HPS (Healing per second). Now you do 70. With your +30% expertise buff, it could do 1 of 2 things. The 30% add could be 30% of your current healing, or 30% of your base healing. If it's the former, you then only get about 91% healing. If it's the latter, you're at 100%. Now, you say it cancels out if someone has equal expertise, not exactly. The 30% Debuff known as TRAUMA is still existent. Healing is reduced by 30% WHILE IN COMBAT And a few more seconds after combat ends. Afterwards, its as good as normal. Okay, hopefully you now realize healing is nerfed as it is.

Next: Some people whine about tanks being underpowered. And by some I mean most. This guy is the exception. Tanks aren't necessarily meant to run in. They go and be extremely annoying seeing as the tanks get the best interrupts, guard, taunt, etc. Yes, guard does a bunch of things, we know. See, what you're supposed to do is kill the tank first. Which is the skill's intention in PvP. Guard protects 1 target. Period. Taunt protects against 1 target. It lowers the damage YOU do to EVERYONE BUT THE TANK by 30% for 6 seconds. Real handy when used on a sniper about to nuke with all his abilities. Once again, the tank in PvE is supposed to make himself a target by threat. In PvP, the point is to make the team near-damned unkillable or just to be plain annoying. Either way, the intention is for you to attack the tank.

Maybe people just down understand that a tank isn't just LOLUCANTKILLME. Even in PvE, the tank's job is to DEFEND people via either shielding them/putting other buffs on them ('Sin), or to make themselves a target via threat, taunt, etc. (Powertech/Jugg). We know that the tank protects damage and the healer protects tank. And the tank protects healer. We of course don't care exactly how useful that is as we seldom come across such combo in PvP. Only in pre-organized PvE. Let me tell you; The tank should easily be able to defend against one person, as the healer should be able to do as well. Put them together, and it should take a lot. Guess what, you aren't being damaged with just a tank and a healer. My vanguard only has 3 damage abilities, each on 15 sec CD. My Op heals doesn't have any moves for damaging, as it;s all for energy management, heals, damage mitigation, and other cool stuff.

TL;DR Nothing is wrong with the PVP system regarding that. and to be honest, I love the PvP system; I think being able to use stuns, knockbacks, etc. and using your brain to strategically win/kill people is good. Of course that last statement is my opinion. I'm entitled to mine, you're entitled to yours.

See you in a month.

wonder if there was like a 30% healing debuff that applies whenever you're in pvp, would that count as a anti-healing skill?

sentinel/marauders get a 20% healing debuff don't they?

gunslinger/sniper gets a 6 second silence don't they?

most classes get an interrupt don't they?

Your are changing your tune though.

Originally it was:

"2 healers in full pvp gear and its done, you wont kill much anyone that matters and the carrier WILL reach the end zone. The team with best geared healers win, the rest dont matter nearly as much"

Lol i didnt change my tone, that wasnt me that said that, that was the OP....

2 different persons...

A single healer has to be able to heal faster than a single DPS can deal damage (ignoring interrupts/pushback). If not, there's no point in having healers at all.

Remember, when a healer is focusing on outhealing your damage, he generally doesn't have enough time/resources to deal any damage back to you (especially when factoring in interrupts/pushback). This results in long fights (or fights dependent on high burst DPS), but usually not unbalanced ones in my experience.

Also, it looks like a lot of the complaints here are about healers who are being guarded by tanks. What do you expect? It's called class synergy. 2vs2 or 3vs3 or 4vs4 the group with greater role diversity should always have an advantage. Otherwise, everyone would be better off just playing DPS all the time.

And they don't even really accomplish that with any kind of pressure on them, unless they are the easy mode healer and can shield themselves and become immune to interrupts.

Lvl 50, Valor 54 Sorcerer Heal full heal spec and I also feel far from immortal :(. But I guess we both must just suck.

I do notice a world of difference though, some warzones (against noobs) 1v1 they don't touch me. Me in full epic gear, then in much less. Then others where the enemy are in ful epic gear and just obliterate me.

I wish BAD dpsers would stop posting these threads.

Go roll a healer, get full champ geared, then come back saying how "immortal" healers are...lol

YES this. I wish every dps had to try healing sometime. Its 100x harder than playing dps and you die faster against smart players that just hop on you.

YES this. I wish every dps had to try healing sometime. Its 100x harder than playing dps and you die faster against smart players that just hop on you.

Healing is the most difficult role int his game right now, by a longshot. The combination of horrible UI, horrible targeting, horrible ability delay and class mechanics make healing at best clunky and at worst a living nightmare.

Healing is the most difficult role int his game right now, by a longshot. The combination of horrible UI, horrible targeting, horrible ability delay and class mechanics make healing at best clunky and at worst a living nightmare.

Couldn't agree more. They made healing in this game reliant on having a tank baby sit you in pvp.