BH healing...

peachking

Been healing since early-game access PvP and PvE and I'm still absolutely 100% LOVING IT! The heat mechanic seperates the men from the boys in HM ops, and in wzs the "I'm invincible bubble" when you're spec'ed right is really fun lol

Anyone else loving the Merc Bodyguard like me? <3

Peachless- Anchorhead

I run a strict dps Merc, but was the only one able to heal for Athiss, so I respeced and I must say that the Merc healing is pretty solid. I was just was effective as a sage (obviously i couldn't heal as long as a sage could), but I made up for a healer. Quite fun actually, may respec to healing about with the Merc sometime soon.

Wake up man. Bodyguard are useless in the highend content. All of operations created for sorcerer. Try to play by Mercenery healer and Sorcerer healer, and u will see main advantages of Sorcerer's healing skills... This is obviously.

It cant be treated all at once, like a sorc, kolto missile is a very very weak and non-effective.

What about sorcerer's bubble and kolto shell? Sorcerer's bubble absorbs a lot of damage 2-3k and not only one can be deployed. Kolto shell heals the one target for little amounts (300 hp) and only one can be deployed. kolto shell useless in pve.

Why mercenery doesnt pull teammate like a sorc? Sorcerer pulls teammate and rescue it.

ok. different situation. if you beat by boss you will dye, and the magician just run away.

finally the sorcerer is the best healers in the game. unbalanced. merc healer and oper healer are weak and worthless. Look at the statistics. sorcerer is number one.

dont worry. u can reroll :)

sorry for my english.

Edited by DanOrange

I love PVE healing, and the BH heals and Sorc heals really compliment each other. But I hate healing in PVP. That's got nothing to do with the class, though. It's just that PVP healing is a thanksless job, and people couldn't care less what happens to the healer. Heal for 300k, get three medals and 0 MVP. DPS 300k, get 10 medals and 4 MVP.

I love PVE healing, and the BH heals and Sorc heals really compliment each other. But I hate healing in PVP. That's got nothing to do with the class, though. It's just that PVP healing is a thanksless job, and people couldn't care less what happens to the healer. Heal for 300k, get three medals and 0 MVP. DPS 300k, get 10 medals and 4 MVP.

+1. i hope healers will get bonus valor and medals.

I've played my bounty hunter healer through beta and all through levelling (10-50), I can honestly say I don't feel very underpowered, but that doesn't mean I don't think minor adjustments need to be made. I run with a Sorcerer healer in our 8man operations group, and I agree some fights I'd love to be a her, with their amazing AoE heal, but on other bosses I outshine her. For example she'll always win on the Annihilation droid when we stack and take the barrage damage, but on Soa when jumping down platforms i do most of my healing with jumping down where our Sorcerer can only run in front to the last platform to drop her AoE.

Also in PvP a majority of the time I come top of healing, that may be I've never met a decent Sorcerer healer (Note. I don't compare myself with the Sorcerer hybrids) but I do play quite a lot of PvP.

I do believe we don't bring much for large AoE lights like the Annihilation Droid XRR-3 and Gharj. I would love to see Kolto missile re adjusted, maybe since it only heals 3 people (and by the way my Kolto missile hits for 1.3 with 2k crits) have maybe 5 people in the template affected by the 5% increased healing or damage reduction when used with supercharged gas?

Just wanna add, these are my personal views and I know some people aren't going to agree. If you feel like proving me wrong, I'm open to it just please bring evidence. I'm happy to post screenshots of PvP warzones if someone requests it.

Wake up man. Bodyguard are useless in the highend content. All of operations created for sorcerer. Try to play by Mercenery healer and Sorcerer healer, and u will see main advantages of Sorcerer's healing skills... This is obviously.

It cant be treated all at once, like a sorc, kolto missile is a very very weak and non-effective.

What about sorcerer's bubble and kolto shell? Sorcerer's bubble absorbs a lot of damage 2-3k and not only one can be deployed. Kolto shell heals the one target for little amounts (300 hp) and only one can be deployed. kolto shell useless in pve.

Why mercenery doesnt pull teammate like a sorc? Sorcerer pulls teammate and rescue it.

ok. different situation. if you beat by boss you will dye, and the magician just run away.

finally the sorcerer is the best healers in the game. unbalanced. merc healer and oper healer are weak and worthless. Look at the statistics. sorcerer is number one.

sorry for my english.

WHAT?!?! There are some things that we are good at and some that Sorc's are good at.

We are by no means worthless. In an OP your going to have two healers (in 8man) and

the sorc and BH are great with each other. In any hardmode FP we can handle anything

thrown at us (with desent gear and skill). I would like to see what Endgame content you

have done, cause if you look at the fomums there are many BH that have completed all

the OP's on NMM and have had no issues.

Please stop spreading bad information.

Thats also not saying i wouldnt mind if a few things were changed about our healing. Like

Kolto missle hitting more peaple, or the three lowest health instead of the three nearest to

the center.

Just with other MMO's some classes excel in a certain aspect of their role then another class.

However any person who knows their class, knows the fight and knows the group can do just a good of a job as any other class when it comes to healing.

Sure sorc's have a good aoe and pull but, if you had a competent group then you would not need those making them a non-argument.

Also it seems that having that nice aoe, a sorc would fill the role of a group healer, while a BH would lean more to a tank healer.

Angeryn has some nice vid's the perspective is from that of a merc healing BH in HM FP's.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Angeryn

Anyways, in the process of leveling a Merc Healer, as well Sorc Healer. Should be about 3 weeks about before I get them both to 50, and then I will see better.

people couldn't care less what happens to the healer. Heal for 300k, get three medals and 0 MVP. DPS 300k, get 10 medals and 4 MVP.

I care.

I always throw my healer the MVP vote. A good healer is a rare and valuable commodity.

sorry for my english.

all i hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH...

we have BH heals in our ops and they are just as necessary as the sorc. Sounds like you haven't meant a BH who uses their supercharged gas, effectively.

In any case, once you have had some time to realize where the different healing classes fall into play, maybe you'll understand the benefits a BH healer brings to the table.

I do fairly well when I play with a Sorc friend in WZs. However, there are a few things that I wish were tweaked for bodyguard:

- Kolto Shell in PvP is underwhelming. I'd like to see it heal for more or heal at a faster rate (3 seconds per 'proc' is an eternity in PvP).

- I wish Kolto Missile was single target AoE - the casting delay and travel time is annoying, and that's after choosing the target location.

- No quick movement abilities or talents.

- I would like to be able to queue up AoE abilities so that the targeting reticule is on the ground when I'm casting. When the cast ends, I could click on the ground and execute the next ability. This would really bump efficiency, especially with Kolto Missile.

*shrug*

- I would like to be able to queue up AoE abilities so that the targeting reticule is on the ground when I'm casting. When the cast ends, I could click on the ground and execute the next ability. This would really bump efficiency, especially with Kolto Missile.

*shrug*

I hear this alot, and I'm confused.

When I'm casting Rapid/Healing Scan (on an aside. Why is Rapid Scan the 2.0s spell and Healing Scan the 1.5s one???), I quickly adjust my camera for visibility with right click during the cast and put my mouse cursor where I want to drop Kolto Missile during the cast and then immediately hit Alt+1 (my hotkey) and left click.

I don't quite get where the current implementation is at a significant time disadvantage than being able to queue the GTAoE mid-cast.

Am I missing something?

I don't quite get where the current implementation is at a significant time disadvantage than being able to queue the GTAoE mid-cast.

Am I missing something?

For me, it's about getting rid of those two key presses (I personally press shift-F for my Kolto Missile) after casting. More fluidity. I believe that the fraction of a second keying up the skill can make the difference between someone dying and living. As a healer, I prefer they live.

Just with other MMO's some classes excel in a certain aspect of their role then another class.

However any person who knows their class, knows the fight and knows the group can do just a good of a job as any other class when it comes to healing.

Sure sorc's have a good aoe and pull but, if you had a competent group then you would not need those making them a non-argument.

Also it seems that having that nice aoe, a sorc would fill the role of a group healer, while a BH would lean more to a tank healer.

Angeryn has some nice vid's the perspective is from that of a merc healing BH in HM FP's.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Angeryn

Anyways, in the process of leveling a Merc Healer, as well Sorc Healer. Should be about 3 weeks about before I get them both to 50, and then I will see better.

I will be awaiting your feedback.. I've level'd both hence my posts in another thread.

sorry for my english.

Im happy to say that i dont find BH healing is like that at all. BH healing is actually very viable in endgame raiding.

Kolto Shell is one of the best healing spells you have. Cast it in a downtime and you have a FREE heal that heals all the time and for around 5 - 6k noncritted over 30sec (more or less).

Kolto missiles is very good aswell. Healing around 1.5 - 2k on 3 targets INSTANT. And thats not even the best part. Use it together with Supercharged gas and its amazing, 10% dmg reduction can often be a life saver.

Another thing thats good about Merc healing is that you can heal for a very long time on heavy dmg fights.

Compared to sorcs you have another advantage aswell: Heavy Armor. You can actually take alot of dmg while a sorc honestly cannot.

Then again sorcs and operatives have their nice stuff tho i think its pretty balanced.

Being a good merc healer is all about knowing the fights and your abilities and use then when and where is appropriate. Do that and you wont have a problem with endgame raiding.

Im happy to say that i dont find BH healing is like that at all. BH healing is actually very viable in endgame raiding.

Kolto Shell is one of the best healing spells you have. Cast it in a downtime and you have a FREE heal that heals all the time and for around 5 - 6k noncritted over 30sec (more or less).

Kolto missiles is very good aswell. Healing around 1.5 - 2k on 3 targets INSTANT. And thats not even the best part. Use it together with Supercharged gas and its amazing, 10% dmg reduction can often be a life saver.

Another thing thats good about Merc healing is that you can heal for a very long time on heavy dmg fights.

Compared to sorcs you have another advantage aswell: Heavy Armor. You can actually take alot of dmg while a sorc honestly cannot.

Then again sorcs and operatives have their nice stuff tho i think its pretty balanced.

Being a good merc healer is all about knowing the fights and your abilities and use then when and where is appropriate. Do that and you wont have a problem with endgame raiding.

what gear do you have where kolto shell heals for 4-5k? I'm in all level 56 gear and my kolto heal doesn't come anywhere close to that.

Edited by Shammus

Shell heals for about 600 on a crit. That makes about a 6k heal if Rosencrantz and Guildenstern hack into the system. If you're in a raiding scenario people will often have more healing buffs/talents, so you may see some 7-800's in there too. Edited by SheepishOne