The most protection in any warzone you have ever seen!

bountywookies

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AE taunt just doesn't account for that kind of numbers unless every person you targetted happened to be using their burst DPS at that time (which would probably be a bad thing anyway, since someone will still die if that's what happened).
AE taunt hits multiple targets. So if there are 8 people around when you fire that off, that's 8 people that have 30% of their damage reduced, which means that is whatever there damage is coming back as registered protection. So pretending, with maffs here, average person hits around say 1500 damage, that means 450 damage lost. Multiply that by 8 and say on average (not including ticks) someone can get off around 3 attacks in the time period they are taunted (6 seconds) that's easily 10,800 damage. This doesn't include added effects like DOTs on specific powers and so forth. Throw in extra single target taunting, and shield, yea wracking up high protection isn't as hard as it's made out to be.

Just because a healer is guarded, doesn't mean you stop attacking him. Being hit itself reduces the effectiveness of a healer due to pushback and probably just from being pressured. If there is only one person doing most of the healing, there is absolutely nothing wrong to attack that guy the entire time even if he's guarded. You should only switch targets if you noticed other players are doing considerable healing and need to pressure them as well.

If you taunt someone attacking the healer that you have guarded, and if they are a good healer, that means they are only taking 50% of your damage, with your damage being further reduced another 30%.In bad groups this doesn't do much, but in a good group with a good healer or two, this pretty much makes the other team immortal.

Ok well post how much protection you have done if its not that tough.

My Infiltration Shadow that doesn't use guard I've gotten 60k using both taunt and AE taunt. My newbie Vanguard who doesn't have her AE taunt yet, I get around 20k to 40k per match with taunt and guard.

Edited by Silverspar

AE taunt just doesn't account for that kind of numbers unless every person you targetted happened to be using their burst DPS at that time (which would probably be a bad thing anyway, since someone will still die if that's what happened).

Just because a healer is guarded, doesn't mean you stop attacking him. Being hit itself reduces the effectiveness of a healer due to pushback and probably just from being pressured. If there is only one person doing most of the healing, there is absolutely nothing wrong to attack that guy the entire time even if he's guarded. You should only switch targets if you noticed other players are doing considerable healing and need to pressure them as well.

Being a tank is all about keeping your teamates alive and, when you can, unbothered by the enemy.

Attacking an enemy healer that you think you have no chance of killing just to set them back is stupid. If you are doing it to set them back, that means you are trying to keep them from healing another person so they dont die. That means the other person is the focus target and the tank should have switched to them.

There is so much wrong about your second paragraph I just dont want to explain all of the reasons why.

AE taunt hits multiple targets. So if there are 8 people around when you fire that off, that's 8 people that have 30% of their damage reduced, which means that is whatever there damage is coming back as registered protection. So pretending, with maffs here, average person hits around say 1500 damage, that means 450 damage lost. Multiply that by 8 and say on average (not including ticks) someone can get off around 3 attacks in the time period they are taunted (6 seconds) that's easily 10,800 damage. This doesn't include added effects like DOTs on specific powers and so forth. Throw in extra single target taunting, and shield, yea wracking up high protection isn't as hard as it's made out to be.

If you taunt someone attacking the healer that you have guarded, and if they are a good healer, that means they are only taking 50% of your damage, with your damage being further reduced another 30%.In bad groups this doesn't do much, but in a good group with a good healer or two, this pretty much makes the other team immortal.

When's the last time you AE taunted and get a 10K damage protected in one life medal?

I kill or disable (Wither allows all kinds of cool tricks to dispose melee DPS) the guys who are bothering my healers. Last time I checked, this stops 100% of the DPS they do, not 30% of the DPS 40% of the time (taunt is available for 6 seconds out of every 15). Force Lightning/Wither on a melee pursuing your healer has a high probability of negating 100% of the DPS that guy does. This number doesn't show up under Protection but is generally far more effective at actually protecting healers.

My Kinetic Shadow that doesn't use guard I've gotten 60k using both taunt and AE taunt. My newbie Vanguard who doesn't have her AE taunt yet, I get around 20k to 40k per match with taunt and guard.

Thats not 160k.

The debate over how much protection is actually needed is a different argument. It takes effort to get that much protection is my point. If you claim its easy lets see all the times you have done it.

The system WOULD be quite nice, if PUG warzones weren't full of people that pay no attention to their teammates and just go for their own goals. I'd challenge most WZ PUG players to name the person that opened the first 2 doors in their last Voidstar round, or the person that solo capped a turret on Alderaan against 2-3 enemies.

MVP system would work great if you had to vote BEFORE you saw the numbers, because we all know the numbers don't tell you who really helped, just who put out the most AoE.

When's the last time you AE taunted and get a 10K damage protected in one life medal?

I kill or disable (Wither allows all kinds of cool tricks to dispose melee DPS) the guys who are bothering my healers. Last time I checked, this stops 100% of the DPS they do, not 30% of the DPS 40% of the time (taunt is available for 6 seconds out of every 15). Force Lightning/Wither on a melee pursuing your healer has a high probability of negating 100% of the DPS that guy does. This number doesn't show up under Protection but is generally far more effective at actually protecting healers.

Yes, trying to use hyperbole means you are doing protection.

Thats not 160k.

The debate over how much protection is actually needed is a different argument. It takes effort to get that much protection is my point. If you claim its easy lets see all the times you have done it.

Well barring my type o being I am infiltration specced not kinetic, the fact that my infiltration can wrack up 60k without using guard sort of negates your entire point. Saying it takes effort is like saying it takes a merc effort to push tracer missile button over and over again. It just takes brains and knowing that you have that power to use to begin with.

Protection also doesnt take into account the amount of damage tanks sponge up for their team when people choose them as a target, which is part of tanking.

There are parts of tanking that arent measured in protection. Protection is far from a harmful stat, so a lot of a non harmful stat is going to be better than less of that stat.

The OP is asking for high numbers of this helpful stat. If people cant provide proof of being good at producing this stat, maybe they arent very knowledgeable on the subject.

Well barring my type o being I am infiltration specced not kinetic, the fact that my infiltration can wrack up 60k without using guard sort of negates your entire point. Saying it takes effort is like saying it takes a merc effort to push tracer missile button over and over again. It just takes brains and knowing that you have that power to use to begin with.

When you can do it and show Ill read your whole post before I decide you dont know what you are talking about.

Now that I see this thread, I wish I had taken a screenshot, but I had a game where I ended with 558k protection. I had 6 MVP votes at the end of that game, which I assume had to have been people going "Holy **** *** 558k protection? Damn."

And no, I didn't just protect people. I had 300k damage, defender, kills, and assassin medals in that game too.

Thank you for the people here who are not crying over the fact that I did not get very many kills. All I was trying to say was I thought it was alot of protection myself, And obviously I was not going to get alot of kills anyways, look at my team, only one person got over 10 kills.

having gotten some 130k defense (with 220k odd damage) on my lvl 37 powertech, the general conclusion i have with protection points is this, when protecting a healer, you get tons of them and neither of you die, nor do you really kill anyone fast enough.

• 4 weeks later...
Proof the MVP system is broken. 160k protection is far more valuable than 300k healing.

That said, I always vote for the person with the most protection on the board.

I NEVER vote for Sages/Sorcs.

I NEVER vote on damage.

*******es like you are everything wrong with pvp

damage is by FAR one of the most important stat in warzone, moron. doesnt *********** matter if your team has 200k prot or 1 million healer, you wont win for **** if your team doesnt have killing power

P.S. i laugh at ******* who always vote highest healing in WZ. you are most likely voting for person who only healed himself. refer to screenshot below

http://oi39.tinypic.com/9bgopw.jpg

300k done by guardian standing in fire whole game and spamming shockfrozen water. people see high healing done and doesnt hesitate voting mvp. Similarly, i see sages that afk at a base in civil war, and spamming lifetap to rigg their healing score.