Tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

ReRuined

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least WoW had the decency to have their Arcane Mages be made out of paper.

Bioware put their Arcane Mages in Heavy Armor and gave them heals.

(If you're a Merc/Trooper who is replying "But our heals are terrible", shut up. You have heals, which is something a lot of weaker classes in this game can't say at all).

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

SILENCED

OMG RUN IN CIRCLES FOR 4 SECONDS

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Seriously, how does 1 class get away with being 1 Button Champions, but every other needs 3-4 bars of abilities to be effective?

Lets see here...Tracer Missile does the following:

1. Stacking armor pen debuff which in turn increases the dmg of Heatseeking missiles.

2. Stacking buff which increases the dmg that Rail Shot does

3. Can proc your unload to come off GCD and increaes the dmg done by unload.

There's also fusion missile you can throw into the mix if there's a group of people. That little fire dot does help. If all you're doing is spamming Tracer Missile, cool, keep doing it. That just means you aren't taking advantage of 3/4 of the rest of your abilities. Works for me.

Lightning Strike

Aimed Shot

Sniper Shot

All have 1.5 Second Cooldowns and all do the same damage as tracer missile, infact Lightning Strike does more. (same range as well!)

The only reason Tracer does considerably more is because there "Stance" allows tracer to ignore 35% of the target's armor.

+ another 20% if you stack up all heat signatures.

Whining about an ability because you don't understand it makes you look really stupid.

You know what would really be nice is if they fixed Aimed Shot and Sniper shot to also ignore armor.

Edited by Daecollo

The problem with saying "just interrupt it" is that interrupts don't seem to hit half the time. Especially on a 1.5sec cast skill.

Between ability lag, server lag and warzone lag it can be rather difficult to interrupt. Even then let's say you manage to hit with the interrupt, that's a maximum of about 4.5-5 seconds of no Tracer Missile, in which they can either:

A) Knock you back a massive distance

B)Put up Reactive Shield and heal

C) Hit you with a plethora of other skills that take advantage of Tracer Missile/Grav Round's debuff.

In either case Tracer Missile/Grav Round spam continues afterwards. Also, in many group vs group scenarios interrupting them is just impossible or not a good idea since interrupts are melee range and a Mercenary/Commando is likely to sit further in the back. So you're pretty much SOL unless you've got Harpoon or Force Pull, in which case they still take forever to kill.

Edited by savionen

Lightning Strike

Aimed Shot

Sniper Shot

All have 1.5 Second Cooldowns and all do the same damage as tracer missile, infact Lightning Strike does more. (same range as well!)

The only reason Tracer does considerably more is because there "Stance" allows tracer to ignore 35% of the target's armor.

+ another 20% if you stack up all heat signatures.

Whining about an ability because you don't understand it makes you look really stupid.

You know what would really be nice is if they fixed Aimed Shot and Sniper shot to also ignore armor.

What BW should consider doing is nerfing melee because a 4m 50% AP is OP - a ranged 50% AP is fine though...melee just needs to l2p

They need to remove the Energy damage of tracer missile and put Weapon Damage.

BH rotation.

This video reminded me...

*** is up with that BH PvP helmet? I play Republic, so I see that helm portrait on approximately 50% of the enemies I target, and it never fails to confuse and anger me.

Is it some kind of space bug?

They need to remove the Energy damage of tracer missile and put Weapon Damage.

BH rotation.

He could have done the same thing with snipe as a sniper or a sorc using lightning strike. He's in full PvP gear, minus 2 piece PvE for the 2 piece bonus with a premade group against undergeared 50's that can't seem to do much more than zerg that powertech half the time.

Notice most of the hits being below 2k without the timed warzone buffs. Vs people with very little pvp gear by the looks of it.

Also note how they completely ignored him most of the time. All that video shows is a good premade carrying a BH being fail against a fail pug and still losing against that fail pug in the end.

I think there's a whole lot of mercs, myself included, who would love to have Tracer changed.

It's very poor design. If an arsenal merc doesn't use tracer, at least the first couple shots, he's hurting his dps by a large amount. Not just the armor debuff, but rail shot, heat-seeking missiles, and unload, all get extra boosts from tracer.

If, however, a merc is literally spamming tracer, then he's also hurting his dps by a decent amount. I'd guess around 20%.

I'd like tracer to be changed just because I'm sick of everything being so dependent on it.

Anyone else play marvel super heroes and the marvel vs capcom game franchise?

Mercenaries remind me of cyclops.

OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST!

BEHOLD!!! OPTIC BLAST! OPTIC BLAST!

makes them extremely ANNOYING to fight against, and it makes you want to commit sepaku when they win.

same feeling, isn't it?

Edited by Tristita

You are missing the point. They only need 1 BUTTON to be even remotely effective. Every single other class needs multiple bars of abilities.

If you think you can be effective with one button spam as a BH merc. Be glad they dont allow lvl 1-49 in 50s bracket. Cause I would faceroll your "One Button Spam"

with a low lvl 24murauder lawl.

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

SILENCED

OMG RUN IN CIRCLES FOR 4 SECONDS

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE

Seriously, how does 1 class get away with being 1 Button Champions, but every other needs 3-4 bars of abilities to be effective?

If this is one on one. You can prevent being Interupted unless your bad. Actually not only can you prevent it you can become immune to it.

He could have done the same thing with snipe as a sniper or a sorc using lightning strike. He's in full PvP gear, minus 2 piece PvE for the 2 piece bonus with a premade group against undergeared 50's that can't seem to do much more than zerg that powertech half the time.

Notice most of the hits being below 2k without the timed warzone buffs. Vs people with very little pvp gear by the looks of it.

Also note how they completely ignored him most of the time. All that video shows is a good premade carrying a BH being fail against a fail pug and still losing against that fail pug in the end.

escuse me but snipe costs more energy than the heat equivalent, does less damage, does weapon damage which does 0 damage to tanks, has a 1.5s colldown. You probably dont play sniper.

Commandos get by without a mirror skill like that. If they have one I've never seen it. Grav Round sure as hell isn't that effective as it's just a debuff and not the main event. Grav round does about 800 - 1200 and tracer does 2000-2500. Who needs Unload when your filler move is that powerful?

Man... this is funny.

Check out any talent calculator. Grav Round and Tracer Missile are IDENTICAL.

I suppose that a little research would be too much to ask for.

Tracer Missile spam is just as useless as Grav Round spam. It stacks a debuff and sets you up for better abilities. That is all.

The vids I've seen in this thread of Mercs spamming tracer missile are pointless. Without good team mates, the merc would have been cannon fodder, again and again. You could make the same video spamming Rapid Shots (our free attack) if you had the support to keep you alive.

Also, note that his team LOST the alderaan game. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it took him 10-20 matches before getting a video where he survived long enough to actually troll the forums.

Meh tbh I disapprove of Tracer Missile/Grav spam.

It isn't the -only- thing they have. But its a bit annoying to see my own teammates running around spammin 1 ability. It just happens to be the most effective in their mind.

You don't understand. It IS the most effective tactic. All of your skill points are tied into Grav Round/Tracer Missile, and you have to spam it a total of five (5) times to max out the stacking debuff for maximum effect. The spec is designed to do exactly what you think the players are doing because you think they have a choice to somehow be more effective in that spec in a different way. They don't. That is the spec---tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile. "Disapproving" of spamming 1111 for this spec is the same as disapproving of a Jedi using a lightsaber.

And, yes, it's annoying as all get-out when you're on the receiving end. But don't blame the players, blame the designers.

Edited by RolyartNala

Comparing SNIPE to tracer missile, epic failure.