QUICK!!! Amazon has $149 CE available

Lucardes

Praise be to Jeebus! The original poster made my year!

I do however have a question for those who are in the know. I currently have a Standard Edition Pre-order code from walmart attached to my account. Is there a way to have this code expunged/invalidated so that I can enter my CE edition pre order code? Furthermore how do I obtain the CE edition items. I have not received a CE edition product code yet. The physical game has not been shipped to me, although I have obviously received and used the code. Is it possible to obtain a refund from walmart on the standard edition purchase?

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do however have a question for those who are in the know. I currently have a Standard Edition Pre-order code from walmart attached to my account. Is there a way to have this code expunged/invalidated so that I can enter my CE edition pre order code? Furthermore how do I obtain the CE edition items. I have not received a CE edition product code yet. The physical game has not been shipped to me, although I have obviously received and used the code. Is it possible to obtain a refund from walmart on the standard edition purchase?

Thanks

No you can't/shouldn't change the preorder code. Both types grant the exact same thing. You won't get any CE items until you put in the CE product code - even if you entered the CE preorder code.

Thanks

Only the box code gets you your stuff anyway. Your pre-order code won't get in the way of the box-code even though it says 'se edition.' You can start with SE and upgrade to CE apparently but if you can still cancel you might as well.

Thanks

Do not worry about pre-order code, leave it as it is. When you get whatever game version you ultimately want to play, enter the Game Key Code inside the box, and you will get the benefits of that version.

Edited by Soge

Ty op! I too was having Wal-mart order woes (because I had ordered the standard with not enough money for CE at the time, but when i did have the money Walmart was the only place). Got my CE off there, and whenever i get the walmart preorder next year or whatever, it'll find a new home.

I thought about the CE back when they first went up, and now I've had one loaded in my box at Amazon since I saw this thread. Like then, I just can't bring myself to drop that much of an investment on this game. I like the game, don't get me wrong, but for some reason after the beta I just don't feel like this is a game I will still be playing in a year. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe I'll regret not getting the CE. I got the DDE instead, which has everything I'd want in the CE anyway except VIP store access. Still, that box looks pretty. Edited by enrogae

spit in the face to walmart customers that cant cancel our orders now and wont receive our games til the 30th.

I'm not trying to flame you as I feel your pain and would be pissed if it was me. Why would buy a computer game like this from Wal-mart though?

Thanks much for the heads up on this! Best Buy had me nervous, they've never really failed me before, but given that they couldn't even give a working pre-order code at the time of ordering.....

Also, quicker shipping AND ~$5 cheaper from Amazon! :) (Of course, it's likely because tax wasn't added in.. yet.)

Just for all to know Amazon can't be beat

150.98 for NO tax, Free 1 day delivery, and best of all get it by the 16th :)

I will always be loyal to Amazon..they truly go out of their way. Walmart quoted me 175-ish and best of all worst customer service exp. of the phone to change my order.

Edited by Lucardes

If anyone needs to know this, Walmart will accept cancelations on Pre-order standard editions even if you have received the pre order code. I just canceled mine and am getting a refund on the purchase!

Everybody handles cancellations that way. There is no cancelling of pre-order codes. This probably has something to do with why they cancelled grace period.

Can I cancel my Origin Digital Download and pick up the Amazon CE? If I play EA on the Origin preorder code and upgrade my account to CE when I get it will my existing char get the CE perks or would I need to make a new character?

Sure, you can cancel Origin order, minus the $5 pre-order fee.

Not sure, but i have seen others post that origin pre-orders cancelled loose their place in line for early access as the codes are tied to download versions...Call and ask them to be 100% sure