Increase character slots per server

Crackseed

Would be nice to have more slots.

Coming from lotro where I had 17 char slots, 8 aren't just enough for me. They are good to beging with though. But later on I'm hoping for more too. What can I say, I'm just an altoholic :) *shrug*.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More crafting/gathering alts causes an increased gap in between those who more time and those who have less

Of course this can also be achieved already now, by having more than one account .

But yes, you would of course have to pay for that privilege.

Hope we get given more character slots per server, I like playing on the server I am on now and already have used 7 of my character slots as I want to play through every single class story, but I also want to do several classes with both ACs like Commando and Vanguard, Powertech and Mercenary.

This will require 2 extra character slots and like others have said I don't see how this could cause any harm at all. It would just encourage me to play even more than I do already.

Adding character slots does not hinder or harm the server. Even across a million accounts, the space it takes up is very little. It is because you aren't playing all the characters at once, they are merely be stored and if you storing them doesn't take up space at all.

If they don't increase character spaces for the Legacy system. Then they should either allow you, give the option to carry the legacy over to a new server so you can then share it amongst different servers. Or allow you to marry another character and petition to link legacy's (similar to what EQ used to do with player marriages and surnames).

I have 3 Jedi Consulars:

One is a Healing Sage; going up the healing tree has granted an additional 3 heals as well as powering up the heals. Suited for healing, best in a group.

One is a Balance Sage; powers up DoT's and lacks the heals my healing sage has.

One is a Shadow..completely different class.

and that's just the Consular.

Of course all my slots are filled, and I've had to delete characters in order to make new ones that share the Legacy.

As it stands right now..I've no room for an Imperial Operative of any sort, nor a Sith Warrior of any sort.

I have a Trooper(Commando), a Sith Inquisitor(Sorceror), a Jedi Knight(Guardian), a Smugglar(Scoundrel) and a Bounty Hunter(Mercenary). I'll not be able to try their 'other' advanced class, nor their 'other' class trees, because I just have no room left.

8 Is Enough is an old television program. It most certainly is not enough with regards to character slots in SWTOR.

I support this, more character slots are needed for me also especially with the upcoming implementation of the Legacy system.

And the fact there are more AC's than character slots (16 for 8 classes) the necessity for more slots is obvious.

I am sure many people would like this.

Edited by Vlacke

I would like more character slots as well. With Legacy and family options, it is much more epic to do a storyline spanning across multiple factions. Not to mention I have one of each class, but I also have them going opposite directions in choices (light/dark) so I can see the other options and mission choices that I get. Storyline does change depending on your choices, but you can't really experience it if unless you do different choices.

I agree with you.

It shouldn't be hard at all for Bioware to implement this, they would make a lot of us happy.

I agree, I am now stuck, I loved my Inquisi sorceror so much, but I also want a Assassin, two of each class is the bare minimum for slot allowances I think, it was fine on WoW at 10, but here with the Legacy being only on ONE server, it is vital to allow people to have more options, unless ofc eventually Legacy will increase it slightly?? I still feel 8 is not enough, I would love one of each Advanced Class, so that is 2 per class, 16 is bare minimum, but then to avoid PvP and PvE respecs, you'd need to allow a minimum of 2 extra, so 18, 20 possibly, with the Legacy going to be a reason to make alts, we need the ability to do so..I am already hardcapped on the server with 8 characters, and thats not even enabled me to make a Smuggler or a Trooper :( because I have 4 charcs max level I don't wish to delete :( the other 4 are mid 30's :(

Please increase even if it's up to 10, but with the legacy we need more :(

I don't see a need for more character slots, but there's nothing bad for players by having more slots, especially for anyone willing to pay. 8 characters per server across a maximum of 5 servers is more than 99% of players will ever need. If the other 1% are willing to pay, to reason Bioware can't offer it. With the high cap as it is, I doubt this will be offered until and unless new classes get added to the game.

My original plan was to have 4 Republic & 4 Empire on the same server. When I learned that mail couldn't be done accross faction, I chose a different server where other guildmates were putting their alt-faction toons letting me have 8 Empire and 8 Republic chars.

My name is Sabarok and I'm an altaholic.

I don't see a need for more character slots, but there's nothing bad for players by having more slots, especially for anyone willing to pay. 8 characters per server across a maximum of 5 servers is more than 99% of players will ever need. If the other 1% are willing to pay, to reason Bioware can't offer it. With the high cap as it is, I doubt this will be offered until and unless new classes get added to the game.

My original plan was to have 4 Republic & 4 Empire on the same server. When I learned that mail couldn't be done accross faction, I chose a different server where other guildmates were putting their alt-faction toons letting me have 8 Empire and 8 Republic chars.

My name is Sabarok and I'm an altaholic.

We tried to have an Altoholic's Anonymous meeting once, but we all came away with new ideas for characters to play and the whole thing just got worse. :p

8 slots is enough to try every AC on the same server. I don't understand the problem.

While I agree with this to some extent... I know that if I play this game long enough I can see myself with more that 8 characters.

You can play through all 8 storylines with 8 accounts, but I like having more than 4 roles to choose from per faction. I am pretty dedicated to my faction PVP wise and I like having a lot of roles to chose from, but I do want to experience all 4 imperial stories and when I do that I would ideally like to do so as The Chaotic Order. My guild's imperial incarnation. So I could see myself using up to 12 character slots.

Simple solution, give us the ability to buy more slots. People who don't want them don't need them, people who do have to pay for it. Makes Bioware money and everyone is happy.

While I agree with this to some extent... I know that if I play this game long enough I can see myself with more that 8 characters.

You can play through all 8 storylines with 8 accounts, but I like having more than 4 roles to choose from per faction. I am pretty dedicated to my faction PVP wise and I like having a lot of roles to chose from, but I do want to experience all 4 imperial stories and when I do that I would ideally like to do so as The Chaotic Order. My guild's imperial incarnation. So I could see myself using up to 12 character slots.

Simple solution, give us the ability to buy more slots. People who don't want them don't need them, people who do have to pay for it. Makes Bioware money and everyone is happy.

And confirmed members of a credit selling operation give BioWare money for it before having their accounts killed?

And confirmed members of a credit selling operation give BioWare money for it before having their accounts killed?

So make it so you have to have play X hours total on your account or own it for X amount of time before you can buy more slots. Or so that if you get chat muted for gold spamming that all your characters are muted.

This really isn't that hard to solve.

Actually that sounds like a wonderfully positive thing for the community. BioWare gets more money to use on improving the game, and Credit Sellers incur extra expenses making them less profitable - that's WIN-WIN baby! :jawa_biggrin:

Actually that sounds like a wonderfully positive thing for the community. BioWare gets more money to use on improving the game, and Credit Sellers incur extra expenses making them less profitable - that's WIN-WIN baby! :jawa_biggrin:

This. :D

If they are planning on adding new playable races as part of the Legacy system, I believe they need to add more character slots. This should also be further rewards for obtaining certain Legacy Levels. For instance, at Legacy Level 5 you unlock X race. At Legacy Level 10 you unlock your 9th character slot. At Legacy 15, you unlock race Y, at Legacy 20 your 10th character slot, etc. Edited by photometrik