Commando/Merc and Sorc/Sage, what's wrong, what needs to change.

Zarthorn

I cant believe so many people cry about arsenal when its such a garbage and easy to counter spec.

Pyrotech is better in every single way except sustained damage if you are allowed to chain cast and turret (never), but hey if people want to outcry and get the worse spec nerfed fine by me.

Whirlwind (the sorc's only hard cc) has a 60 second cooldown, so this is false. Maybe you didn't see the other 2 sorcs cc'ing? Seriously, you can look up class abilities on torhead. It's right there.

P.S., before anyone claims I am defending Sorcs cause I wanna play an overpowered class, I play a Merc.

P.P.S. and speaking of Mercs, Hey OP, whatever it is that you are on that makes you think Mercs need to be toned down, you should consider sharing it with the rest of us. Maybe people in this thread would be less likely to point out all of your misinformation.

Considering I'm a level 10 Sorc and already have 2 hard cc's, this is incorrect. There is Whirlwind and I forget what the other one is called but it is an instant 4 sec stun.

Considering I'm a level 10 Sorc and already have 2 hard cc's, this is incorrect. There is Whirlwind and I forget what the other one is called but it is an instant 4 sec stun.

I suggest you check your skill tree before you "think" Sorcerer has more ccthan Sage.

Besides, it is not possible to get chain cc 3 times because Resolve Bar is white at the second stun.

In short, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Tracer missile/grav round needs a straight damage nerf of 10-20%. They need to fix it so that mortar volley has the same (lack of) lag as death from above. The heavy armor defenses combined with the damage output just leads to a class that puts out *more damage* than snipers/gunslingers/marauders/sentinels that is not nearly as fragile and can heal themselves and others.

Makes no sense.

Easy to counter you say? How is it any easier to counter than anything else? Interrupts last for 4 seconds and so do most hard stuns and guess what - commando/BH can do the same thing back to you. It's very simple to understand that in a 'rock-paper-scissors' balance system like SWTOR you shouldn't have a class that wins in damage output and survivability and utility. This is why so many premade PVP teams are nothing but sorc/BH.

Edited by dcgregorya

How to fix this:

Commando/Merc: Spread the bonuses of tracer missle/grav round out amongst other skills or change it so it is now a raw damage increase "on next heat/ammo using skill hit" and no longer stacks with itself.

Move the instant heal higher up the healing tree along with the uninteruptable barrier talent, thus meaning in order to get those skills they would have to invest deeply into the tree to get them.

Sorc/Sage: Alter debuffs so they have a stacking threshold and cannot bypass that threshold (I understand the legitimacy of the tactic of stacking, but atm it's far too much) death mark and suppression possibly bugged?

Decrease the snare effect of Force lightning/Telekinetic wave and add a maximum threshold that someone can be snared by as not to allow stacking to the point of rooting someone in place.

Move resurgence and rejuvinate further up there respective healing trees.

That part right there. This is another reason why pvp is such a burden for pve (the primary reason the game is made). People don't really see the consequences of what they claim, nor do they fully realize the delicate nature of making changes for one (as it WILL ALWAYS affect the other).

Not just the players' suggestions mind you, but even the devs of games. They're human, and thus it's inevitable that they won't see everything. But some things are easier to observe than others, yet people don't pay attention. That bolded part would be one of them, if it were to happen.

That part right there. This is another reason why pvp is such a burden for pve (the primary reason the game is made). People don't really see the consequences of what they claim, nor do they fully realize the delicate nature of making changes for one (as it WILL ALWAYS affect the other).

Not just the players' suggestions mind you, but even the devs of games. They're human, and thus it's inevitable that they won't see everything. But some things are easier to observe than others, yet people don't pay attention. That bolded part would be one of them, if it were to happen.

Well considering this is a pvp forum primarly?

But really you are saying it would break the PvE experience for you despite there being medkits and healing companions for them to move a single instant heal further up the tree as to balance it for pvp?

What would you prefer a nice big fat blanket nerf? Hybriding to be completely gutted so you would be force pure spec? I went for suggestions with PvP in mind, but also as not to gut classes by overnerfing and having a knock on effect to PvE.

Did you just refer to the stun as a hard CC...?

Then most classes have multiple hard CCs then. Lol.

How long is it going to take SWTOR players to get that classes are mirrored?

Does that mean that my Project is ACTUALLY instant now and that my knockback knocks back as far as the sorc one finally?

If the classes were actually mirrored perfectly, than the patch notes for mirrors would be exactly the same. It looks like their animations, engine, or simply not catching differences during testing means that they have overlooked some things.

The classes are close and are meant to be mirrors. They may even be soon. But for now, one class is actually slightly better than another. And "slightly" can be enough to alter the outcome of many fights.

Does that mean that my Project is ACTUALLY instant now and that my knockback knocks back as far as the sorc one finally?

If the classes were actually mirrored perfectly, than the patch notes for mirrors would be exactly the same. It looks like their animations, engine, or simply not catching differences during testing means that they have overlooked some things.

The classes are close and are meant to be mirrors. They may even be soon. But for now, one class is actually slightly better than another. And "slightly" can be enough to alter the outcome of many fights.

Sage 31 point heal talent carriers a frontload heal that the Sorc's doesn't, while having the same number/mangitude of HoT ticks.

So Sages are technically better healers than Sorcs. This is, again, probably an oversight, like the animation delays.

A stun is a hard CC, hard CC will prevent them from performing any action.

Lol thank you. I was like seriously? And considering I have been unable to take action for 10+ sec I would say the resolve meter is a joke. And going into the balance tree on my sage those are my only 2 stuns, I don't care how you much you say I don't know what I am doing, I have experienced the things I have described, even if you haven't.