Is has potential, but too many features are missing

Dreossk

Ha. You are more reasonable?

The person that wants shinny objects in the background?

The person that wants to do whatever they want and not do quests/end game content?

Right. Completely reasonable. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you want to play second life, and not an RPG

No, I want to play an MMORPG. More importantly for my style, I want world PvP - real world PvP. Impactful world PvP. I cut my MMO teeth in Shadowbane and SWG. I don't really care for a lot of the fluff that was presented in the OP, but I realize how important much of it can be for a solid persistent MMO community and the longevity of a particular game.

I don't roleplay, I PvP. But as a reasonable mind, I can appreciate most of the rest of the stuff being discussed as a proper MMO environment instead of creating a dead world strictly for leveling and then funneling players into instances at the end-game.

I never said I wanted to do whatever I want and not quest and do end-game content. That's a ridiculous assertion that I neither stated nor implied.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I want to play an MMORPG. More importantly for my style, I want world PvP - real world PvP. Impactful world PvP. I cut my MMO teeth in Shadowbane and SWG. I don't really care for a lot of the fluff that was presented in the OP, but I realize how important much of it can be for a solid persistent MMO community and the longevity of a particular game.

I don't roleplay, I PvP. But as a reasonable mind, I can appreciate most of the rest of the stuff being discussed as a proper MMO environment instead of creating a dead world strictly for leveling and then funneling players into instances at the end-game.

I never said I wanted to do whatever I want and not quest and do end-game content. That's a ridiculous assertion that I neither stated nor implied.

Where is immersion? Where is the mmo? Bioware can take off the online game and this game will be a copy of SWKOTOR. But i don't want the old game. I paid for a mmo. Bioware promises a sandbox game. A persistente world with world PvP, great skill craft and space combat. It was a dream. A broken dream. Dark Souls is more mmorpg than this.

Just so all of you know. The swtor flamers & haters that post on these forums make up such a TINY percentage of the actual population of the game.

For every one person that has beef big enough to write it all down here, theres a thousand who never read it because they are busy playing swtor.

This is not hate. I feel disappointed. I expected that Bioware will be respect promises.

If the game was not ready and needed another 6 months of planning it out why sell it? Damnit EA -.-

Well from my experience with MMO's, this is always the case. An MMO really never hits full stride right out the gate.

People complained with SWG and then unsubb'd but the game lasted for seven years with a pretty loyal following.

Did you watch the last 10 minutes until the game was shut off for good vids? Even though I didn't play it past the 3mo mark, I still felt something missing. The game was awesome and with MMO's it's less about being competitive and more about being social. That's where people get things confused.

Now a little off topic, but the pvp community are mainly the ones complaining about this game. They're a little self centered. The game doesn't revolve around pvp.

So back on topic, if the game isn't immersive enough for you in terms of the interaction with NPCs and other player's characters then frankly the game isn't for you/them.

In a perfect SW game, it would have a nice mix between SWG and SWTOR. Either one I'm happy with.

Besides the glitches & odd ball hicups, what about this game is not complete??

Nightmare modes, Operations, PvP, Open Worlds, Storyline, Check!

I don't understand how you could use the phrase 'Rome wasn't built in a day..', to imply that BW needs more time to fill out the game, then go on to say that the game is complete.

As someone who lives to PvP, to flatly state that PvP is finished is a complete joke. Ilum is borked from the design up, instanced PvP is repetitive, and the design of these 'open worlds' splits the factions up in such a way that you hardly run into each other even on the most populated servers. Not to mention raid boss guards at every outpost to deter any player driven world PvP.

The game may be complete in the context of a single-player/co-op game with a handful of end-game 'raids', but there is still no thriving persistent world to make it a solid MMO.

To me, I think the game is a great single-player/co-op game, but it's a terrible game when it comes to PvP and bad example of what an MMO is.

Edited by Nevron

Thank you for the excellent sum up.

Everytime when I think about, what SWTOR could have been, I get angry.:mad:

And i dont believe, that anything of your thoughts will be implementet ever.:(

Edited by Votrex

@Dreossk - Tis a fact that most of the features and content hasn't actually been released yet. Be patient. Just fyi, Blizzard is still making you wait for Diablo 3...been close to 20 years now. Give SWTOR the credit it deserves and realize it's actually doing better than most mmorpgs that have been in development longer and released longer too. Edited by Seeiphiel

Originally Posted by siza

This is not hate. I feel disappointed. I expected that Bioware will be respect promises.

If the game was not ready and needed another 6 months of planning it out why sell it? Damnit EA

The game technically WASN'T ready, EA made them launch the game ahead of schedule and even then the game is far better off than WoW was at launch. In other words, don't worry because the fixes, unreleased content, and features are coming.

Edited by Seeiphiel

A fanboy with blinders?

because I see the game vastly improving and am willing support it?

Who has the blinders on that can not see that this game is improving in the right direction and is unwilling to pay to play for content and wants everything right now?

You've spent 74 dollars this game. You've gotten more than 200 hours of content.. and you want more for free? Really? Who has the blinders on?

7 years of wow x 14 dollars a month = 60 x 4 (for expansions) = 1500$ (roughly) and you want the same content of a 74 dollar game?

Ever heard of you get what you pay for?

Who has the blinders on that can not see that?

Firstly, how do you get more for free when you're paying a subscription fee? Second, why continue to pay for a game that I'm not happy with in the hope that it'll one day become that game? Surely it makes perfect sense to quit and wait for the game to improve, then come back again? Why keep giving EA/Bioware money for something that is below par in MMO standards?

When i buy Dc Universe online and Age of Conan at the day one the level of features implemented are amazing if paragonate to SWTOR. And these are games of 3-4 years ago.

What do you mean about the SWTOR graphics? For me is years back in confrontation with GW2 or WoW Cataclism.

When i buy Dc Universe online and Age of Conan at the day one the level of features implemented are amazing if paragonate to SWTOR. And these are games of 3-4 years ago.

What do you mean about the SWTOR graphics? For me is years back in confrontation with GW2 or WoW Cataclism.

Holy hell, I am tired of your whinging already...

OK, you say the graphics aren't as good as Guild Wars 2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but GW2 hasn't been released yet, no? And your second example, Cataclysm? Please, don't make me laugh anymore; my sides are hurting.

Man, how have you already run out of things to do? You've already played to level 50 in every class? You've already done EVERY quest, EVERY Flashpoint, EVERY raid? You've already found every Datacron?

Man, I've been playing since day one of early release, and STILL haven't hit 50 on the longest-played character. I have another that's only 25; the rest I played til they got their ship.

If I continue playing at this pace, I will have PLENTY to do all the way through the summer, at least; by that time, I am certain there will have been plenty of additional content patched in.

Maybe you folks should stop whining about lack of content and actually try doing more in game. That, or not spend all your time playing the game...

I want HD textures. And more detailed graphic choices. As I said we are in 2012. This game also goes on a PC 6 years ago because in terms of graphics is 6 years ago. But I that I have a PC for less than 2 months and I want to play like in the screenshots and video advertising material which objectively pre-output were far superior to today's graphics.

The OP is describing a single player action game, not an MMO. What he wants in addition to the mechanics to an MMO exists in no game. If it does, let me know. I'd play that ****.

Are you crazy? The OP is describing a MMO random game!

Are you crazy? The OP is describing a MMO random game!

No, the OP describes Galaxies because he wants Galaxies back. He even refers to it as "the previous game" to implicitly define SWTOR as a sequal to Galaxies. He explicitly states that this game should be like Galaxies, and he has this irrational misunderstanding that somehow, the games are related on something more than simple intellectual property.

He's a fool.