The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

XJones

Why are you melting down?

Why is it a personal insult to you that apprently 'the best MMO on the market' is a blatent Warcraft clone with a crappy engine? Trion did more with Rift with less money than Bioware did with their massive budget.

That is just so many levels of fail its hilarious.

Becasue it isn't!!!!!! Not remotely! Because you are a wow fanboi who never played any MMo before and think wow is anything ORIGINAL! Because if you don't like the game, actually if you hate it so much, W-T-F are you doing here posting this crap?!!??!

And TOR is the greatest game ever made and it will be at least till 2045 when TOR2 comes out!

I think I heard your coronaries pop....

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware must be delighted that Blizzard keeps putting back the release of Diablo 3. They might maintain a fair amount of subscription due to that. But even though Diablo 3 isnt an MMO, it will blow this amatuer effort out of the water.

1,000,000 bugs + 1,000,000 loading screens = poor effort // bioware = amatuer

LOL yeah mate, care to give me a short list of that milliuon bugs?

rofl

the wow fanbois are angry

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangry

coz wow is dying

Seriously, they did, I was rolling on the ground laughing after reading your post and I couldn't breathe. Close one.

ahahah you can try masking your anger, but we all know the frustration of seeing something you hate so much succeed beyond imagination it's killing you

and all the while, wow whittles and dies

^this. People are too soon to forget this is the largest MMO launch in history. It will be good, and much better after the panda bears go back home.

They won't, they don't have anywhere to go, 50% of wow servers are Low pop, the rest well outside of Org/SW are graveyards

Not reading a post in this fail thread.

Bioware is not getting praise, because they deserve none.

IYHO.

That was well thought out. Why are you still playing?

My opinion differs. The amount of entertainment they have in these product is amazing and worthy of praise, even with the flaws.

Cheers.

ahahahahah you sure? Because it looks like you might be very wrong, go visit wow forums while you think of a wittier answer ;)

The problem is that WoW actually has people that un-sub re-sub constantly. They'll beat content get all their gear and un-sub until the next major patch is released. Then they'll re-sub when expansions come out and then un-sub when they hit cap level or when they're done with the current set of instances. You can only make 4 characters in this game that have 10% of a unique story line. If you remake a BH and go Merc or PT it's the same exact story line and the side quests are all the exact same. Not saying WoW doesn't have similar issues with their quests but at least at some point you can actually choose between two options of which zones you want to go to to level.

It's clear to me that this game was rushed to release before it was ready.

The game engine is terrible. I like the game itself, I like the ideas and I think the potential is there. But is wasn't ready. The fact that a huge number of people are having horrible performance issues IS because of amatuerish coding/optimisation.

I blame EA.

Fair enough, but if it is poor coding/optimization shouldn't all of us have horrible performance issues? Yet many of us do not, for example me.

Ergo, the cause is not something in common between all clients but something common between some-but-not all clients. To know more we would need specifics about regions, ISPs, systems used... and none of that is Bioware's responsibility is it?

So no, your attribution of the problems some are experiencing to 'amateurish coding/optimization' is at root bogus.

Fair enough, but if it is poor coding/optimization shouldn't all of us have horrible performance issues? Yet many of us do not, for example me.

Ergo, the cause is not something in common between all clients but something common between some-but-not all clients. To know more we would need specifics about regions, ISPs, systems used... and none of that is Bioware's responsibility is it?

So no, your attribution of the problems some are experiencing to 'amateurish coding/optimization' is at root bogus.

Its pretty amatuerish when you consider:

1. Budget

2. Relative competition(IGNORE WoW HERE FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT)

Other companies with less money and smaller teams seem to have done better. Hello Trion?

I read tons of this thread, but not all of it. It actually started to make me sick. It's not a really cool thing, especially if you were a brand new player thinking of buying this game.

If you are, and read this: buy it. i've been playing for 3 weeks or so and it's been great. Hit level 30.

People are ridiculous. I've been a software developer for over 20 years, and a 1st release always has bugs, in 1986, 2004, and yes, in 2012.

In 2018, SWTOR will be six years old. At that time, a lot of the bugs will be fixed, and probably a lot of new content. For those of you who are not early adopters (the majority of posters in this thread) to new games, please unsub, and come back in 2012. I will have probably moved on to a new game by then.

bioware: please don't allow mods

when i played wow i spent way too much time installing and figuring out how to use these things, so i'd have an advantage. i don't want to do that anymore. I just want to play the game.

p.s. came in 2nd for imperial last night in pvp, and i'm a lowly sniper at 30. but man it was fun.

People are ridiculous. I've been a software developer for over 20 years, and a 1st release always has bugs, in 1986, 2004, and yes, in 2012.

bioware: please don't allow mods

when i played wow i spent way too much time installing and figuring out how to use these things, so i'd have an advantage. i don't want to do that anymore. I just want to play the game.

Something fishy about your 1st paragraph and your final one.

20 year software developer has problems installing mods my son can figure out? Yeah, nice try buddy.

FWIW this game WOULD be great in 6 years, but it won't hold subscribers long enough to get a decent budget to make it great. Bioware isn't going to pump money into a game with 50k subs.

Its pretty amatuerish when you consider:

1. Budget

Few accountants optimize code. Nor bookkeepers.

2. Relative competition(IGNORE WoW HERE FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT)

You need glasses. But there you go judging one thing by comparing it to other things instead of evaluating the thing in itself.

Other companies with less money and smaller teams seem to have done better. Hello Trion?

If Trion did well with that product then that is wonderful, but reveals nothing at all about SWTOR.

You and some others appear to have a real problem evaluating any game in itself. The only thing you seem able to do is look everywhere else than what you should be focused on. Looking at Trion tells you only about Trion. It tells you nothing whatsoever about SWTOR.

You guys bought into the idea that SWTOR was WoW, utterly failed to notice the differences, and then <moves lamp> on the one hand declared SWTOR a WOW clone, on the other hand declared SWTOR failed to be WoW, and on the other hand actually played through to fifty as if it really were a WoW clone and then pronounced it a failure because it wasn't WoW.

It wasn't a WoW clone to begin with, hello? The problem is in you and those like you. You failed to adequately identify the game and then failed to adapt to your new environment. If it weren't a game you would be a member of an extinct specie, a fossilized remnant, a footprint in the stone.

The problem isn't Bioware, it is in your faith-based preconceptions that don't need no steenking facts.

please unsub, and come back in 2012.

K its 2012 I'm back what do?

Something fishy about your 1st paragraph and your final one.

20 year software developer has problems installing mods my son can figure out? Yeah, nice try buddy.

FWIW this game WOULD be great in 6 years, but it won't hold subscribers long enough to get a decent budget to make it great. Bioware isn't going to pump money into a game with 50k subs.

Dragging and dropping files takes 25 years.

Edited by mcfabulous

You need glasses. But there you go judging one thing by comparing it to other things instead of evaluating the thing in itself.

If Trion did well with that product then that is wonderful, but reveals nothing at all about SWTOR.

You and some others appear to have a real problem evaluating any game in itself. The only thing you seem able to do is look everywhere else than what you should be focused on. Looking at Trion tells you only about Trion. It tells you nothing whatsoever about SWTOR.

You guys bought into the idea that SWTOR was WoW, utterly failed to notice the differences, and then <moves lamp> on the one hand declared SWTOR a WOW clone, on the other hand declared SWTOR failed to be WoW, and on the other hand actually played through to fifty as if it really were a WoW clone and then pronounced it a failure because it wasn't WoW.

It wasn't a WoW clone to begin with, hello? The problem is in you and those like you. You failed to adequately identify the game and then failed to adapt to your new environment. If it weren't a game you would be a member of an extinct specie, a fossilized remnant, a footprint in the stone.

The problem isn't Bioware, it is in your faith-based preconceptions that don't need no steenking facts.

The gameplay, ability design, talent design, themepark quest design, gear progression style, instance design, and much of the PvP design is very similar to WoW's from about five years ago. It's fair to make comparisons when things are similar. It's especially fair to make comparisons when things are similar and competing for limited resources (IE a player's monthly sub and the time commitment an MMO usually requires). I played WoW. I quit WoW several years ago. I'm not a raging fanboy or hater of WoW, but I do think this game is even more of a WoW-clone than LotRO was.

SWTOR doesn't exist in a vacuum. It is an online game with a monthly fee and gameplay motifs that are very, very closely tied to the biggest name in the genre (genres are categories of media that bear strong similarities, and thus are more apt for comparison and relative evaluation than items that are not within the same genre, btw). Acting as though nothing any other MMO dev team has done in the last 5 years is relevant to this game and its success is an ignorant faith-based preconception of how markets work, unless you think the only criterion this game should be judged on is "Can I play Star Wars online?"

But it seems like a pretty common belief held by the devs of this game, so at least you aren't alone.

Edited by Zatoni