BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

XJones

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See everything at once? Lol?

People wanted to play the endgame, which required entering instances.

No, all the instances in the game ran out from the same server connected to X amount of server clusters. So you would have all the people who wanted to raid, which was many at that point, as well as all the people who just wanted to run instances and the poor hamsters just couldn't run any faster.

I remember fighting a horde guild, not in pvp, where we would have people run against the instance portal to get in before the others :p

I do remember that they changed their server architecture because of it to accomodate it.

No, all the instances in the game ran out from the same server connected to X amount of server clusters. So you would have all the people who wanted to raid, which was many at that point, as well as all the people who just wanted to run instances and the poor hamsters just couldn't run any faster.

I remember fighting a horde guild, not in pvp, where we would have people run against the instance portal to get in before the others :p

I do remember that they changed their server architecture because of it to accomodate it.

Yeah, eventually.

It still doesn't change the fact the endgame was unplayable and it took them months to fix it. And this was years after launch.

Once again, I'm just pointing out that this was a far worse problem than anything TOR has right now, and it was a preventable one.

Don't bother arguing with these people, they just hate the fact that their precious little Star Wars game is going downhill and they will even try comparing it to WoW even though that game had tens of millions of subscribers throughout it's lifetime and anyone not blind knows this game will never come close to half of that.

The same goes for all the trolls who have never played an MMO at launch, whine because a game that has been out a month doesn't have the polish or content as a seven year old MMO, and lack the foresight to see how great this game will be. They also lack the hindsight to see how badly WoW sucked when it launched. Blizzard ended up giving out free game time because the game was unplayable for the first month(and buggy for months after), and it took dozens of patches to get it running smoothly long after people were paying a monthly fee.

Blizzard didn't launch with 10 million subs, it took years to reach that point, and they have suffered drastic(as in millions) of cancelled subs ever since,. I loved WoW, I played it for years, but you guys can stop pretending that it wasn't an absolute train wreck at launch.

SWTOR forums look like a grouping of rainbows and kittens compared to WoWs; we get a lot of trolls here, obviously, but at least we don't have a sticky dedicated to real life death threats to players and staff like the WoW forums do.

Link to the wow forums; yes, the second sticky is literally addressing the issue of death threats.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/

The same goes for all the trolls who have never played an MMO at launch, whine because a game that has been out a month doesn't have the polish or content as a seven year old MMO, and lack the foresight to see how great this game will be. They also lack the hindsight to see how badly WoW sucked when it launched. Blizzard ended up giving out free game time because the game was unplayable for the first month(and buggy for months after), and it took dozens of patches to get it running smoothly long after people were paying a monthly fee.

Blizzard didn't launch with 10 million subs, it took years to reach that point, and they have suffered drastic(as in millions) of cancelled subs ever since,. I loved WoW, I played it for years, but you guys can stop pretending that it wasn't an absolute train wreck at launch.

SWTOR forums look like a grouping of rainbows and kittens compared to WoWs; we get a lot of trolls here, obviously, but at least we don't have a sticky dedicated to real life death threats to players and staff like the WoW forums do.

Link to the wow forums; yes, the second sticky is literally addressing the issue of death threats.

Honestly, I think we don't even need to compare it to WoW at launch. I mean, this game is going to continue to have talent trees. Talk about an MMO feature....

This game is the most enjoyable game ive played in years.

But then im playing multiple characters, and crafting, and pvP'ing, and doingn FP's, and enjoying the story.

Having fun basically! Take my money Bioware, give me more story!!!

You asume to much. Where did I say there were no faults in the game.

I CAN see the potential of the game and look forward to seeing how it grows.

Do you really think that bugs will last forever?

I have no sympathy for you or any like you. To hate with such passion.

I think BW is taking things in the right direction.

Now, can we have any info on the GTN?

Mam, as I mentioned yesterday, I promise you.. I and everyone else do not just dislike the game just to dislike it blindly. We dislike it because we were given a steaming pile of crap in alpha-state and being requested to pay a monthly fee.

You, however, I feel, will praise it blindly, whereas we all are not just disliking it just to dislike it. I am not confident in BioWare, because all the reasons everyone is leaving were things mentioned in alpha and in beta. It's disgraceful.

Edit: I see you in every thread, just blindly saying things like "well unsubscribe then!" "bye!" "can i have your stuff!?" "but this game IS great!"

Take a step back and realize you are in the minority, and people like you who blindly defend the game just to defend it will hurt it more than help it. I'm trying to be nice, here.

Edited by Feelinestars

This game isn't WoW. This game will never come close to the success WoW has garnered.

WoW has a solid foundation while the foundation for this game is completely messed up and broken. You can't even play the damn game correctly without your UI not responding half the time you push a spell.

Edited by Taurusaud

The same goes for all the trolls who have never played an MMO at launch,

Oh, so everyone has to have played an MMO at launch to be allowed to complain? That's in some rule book in your pants is it?

whine because a game that has been out a month doesn't have the polish or content as a seven year old MMO, and lack the foresight to see how great this game will be. They also lack the hindsight to see how badly WoW sucked when it launched. Blizzard ended up giving out free game time because the game was unplayable for the first month(and buggy for months after), and it took dozens of patches to get it running smoothly long after people were paying a monthly fee.

Whether WoW did or did not suck at launch is immaterial to the topic. The only correlation between SW:ToR and WoW is that they're both marketed as MMOs. Whether a previous MMO launched successfully is just irrelevant. This is 2012, people expect polish and playability and bug free launches. That the fanboi's are willing to accept less than acceptable game-play, bugs and woeful support is up to them, but it in no way means others should expect it, or indeed, accept it.

WoW is by any man's counting the most subscribed MMO on the planet. With over 10m subscription (probably fallen some) it is to be expected that it is going to be played by some unsavory characters. Comparing the WoW forums with the ToR forums is just ridiculous.

You have a habit of generalizing. Not everyone who complains is a troll. Just because they don't agree with you, does not give you a right to keep calling them trolls.

This game isn't WoW. This game will never come close to the success WoW has garnered.

WoW has a solid foundation while the foundation for this game is completely messed up and broken. You can't even play the damn game correctly without your UI not responding half the time you push a spell.

What?

WoW has a maybe acceptable foundation that Blizzard sometimes can make good and sometimes can't.

This game has one major problem, in ability delay, and a host of minor ones, but it's still a fun game and in the process of improvement.

I know Bioware admitted they were so horrible at creating class balance that they had to do away with talent trees but... oh sorry that was Blizzard.

What?

WoW has a maybe acceptable foundation that Blizzard sometimes can make good and sometimes can't.

This game has one major problem, in ability delay, and a host of minor ones, but it's still a fun game and in the process of improvement.

I know Bioware admitted they were so horrible at creating class balance that they had to do away with talent trees but... oh sorry that was Blizzard.

Are you trying to suggest Bioware won't follow Blizzard's lead in talents? They already have!

This game will never come close to the number of subs Blizzard has garnered because if you make your game to be like WoW and then have it be inferior to WoW in nearly every facet most people will simply just play WoW instead.

What?

Blizzard has always done what was best for the game at the time. The 6-tiered talent trees in Mists will be a success, and as usual, Blizzard continues to innovate.. and years later, it'll be known as the standard.

For BioWare to not take all the successful pieces from other successful MMO's and then throw in their own flavor and innovation is stupid. It's moronic. That's why this game is such a fail, and that's why if you go to that SW:TOR statistics page the game is plummeting faster than my girlfriend under the sheets at night.

Blizzard has always done what was best for the game at the time. The 6-tiered talent trees in Mists will be a success, and as usual, Blizzard continues to innovate.. and years later, it'll be known as the standard.

For BioWare to not take all the successful pieces from other successful MMO's and then throw in their own flavor and innovation is stupid. It's moronic. That's why this game is such a fail, and that's why if you go to that SW:TOR statistics page the game is plummeting faster than my girlfriend under the sheets at night.

I don't really see how eliminating features is "innovation," but ok. A few years back Blizzard did what was best for their MMO, but at this point it's not really believable when people defend WoW as somehow being something that's really shining and polished. I understand people want to defend the game they invested years in, I played it for 5 years, but it's clearly not nearly as good as TOR at this point.

I don't really see how eliminating features is "innovation," but ok. A few years back Blizzard did what was best for their MMO, but at this point it's not really believable when people defend WoW as somehow being something that's really shining and polished. I understand people want to defend the game they invested years in, I played it for 5 years, but it's clearly not nearly as good as TOR at this point.

You can't be for real? WoW is the biggest and most subscribed MMO on the planet. It has stood the test of time and still enjoys the #1 spot. It is "the most polished" MMO on the planet. And I hate the damn game, but truth is truth.

I think you misinterpreted the posters view point. By not looking at 'why' wow was so successful and implementing the things that any cretin could see the players would want, is just disastrous.

You make a list a page long of all the things that could have been taken, enhanced and added, but weren't. And that's the big failing.

I don't mind bugs, I don't mind a little server instability, but to login on day 1 and experience what ToR is all about and being so deflated as what was supposed to be an MMO, and one of epic proportions and all it is, is a grandiose single player game lacking so many fundamental things as to render it a loss.

You can't be for real? WoW is the biggest and most subscribed MMO on the planet. It has stood the test of time and still enjoys the #1 spot. It is "the most polished" MMO on the planet. And I hate the damn game, but truth is truth.

I think you misinterpreted the posters view point. By not looking at 'why' wow was so successful and implementing the things that any cretin could see the players would want, is just disastrous.

You make a list a page long of all the things that could have been taken, enhanced and added, but weren't. And that's the big failing.

I don't mind bugs, I don't mind a little server instability, but to login on day 1 and experience what ToR is all about and being so deflated as what was supposed to be an MMO, and one of epic proportions and all it is, is a grandiose single player game lacking so many fundamental things as to render it a loss.

Yeah, it's a big, popular McMMO. Ok cool. The fact is that it's held together by people who like their guilds, and stick around to hang out with their friends long after the game's gotten dull. Fine.

I don't see how any of the things TOR is supposedly lacking are "fundamental." It's lacking fairly trivial things like macros and a combat log. TOR is fine.

Yeah, it's a big, popular McMMO. Ok cool. The fact is that it's held together by people who like their guilds, and stick around to hang out with their friends long after the game's gotten dull. Fine.

That they still hang-around as you claim, is an indication of how popular it is.

I don't see how any of the things TOR is supposedly lacking are "fundamental." It's lacking fairly trivial things like macros and a combat log. TOR is fine.

You must have forgotten; A decent AH, A decent crafting system, An open world, re-playability, A decent UI, shall I continue?

You must have forgotten; A decent AH, A decent crafting system, An open world, re-playability, A decent UI, shall I continue?

Probably.

It's not like I'd call the AH a feature. And WoW's crafting system has absolutely no redeeming values whatsoever.

Open world? No more so than TOR. Replayability? If you found it I'd really like to know where they hid it.

And if the UI is decent, why is everyone modding it?

First I'd like to say that the forums are overrun with angry end content rushing pvp gankers who don't feel all powerful so they complain until they are.

Personally, I just want to be able to get a server transfer. I'm tired of being one of 15 people on the high end planets, and then going to the Imp Fleet only to find nobody doing hard modes because they're all level 15-25.

Signed,

A Lonely 47 Bounty Hunter

Probably.

It's not like I'd call the AH a feature.

What would you call it then?

And WoW's crafting system has absolutely no redeeming values whatsoever.

That's your opinion. Other's and I, beg to differ.

Open world? No more so than TOR.

Did you get the WOW Explore title? ToR doesn't even come close to WoW's world.

Replayability? If you found it I'd really like to know where they hid it.

I think you spent too little time on WOW to actually be able to offer any credible opinion on it.

And if the UI is decent, why is everyone modding it?

Because lots of people like to shape it to their liking? Why did you ask just a silly question?