The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Op's nerf, now can we get the following nerfed?

Zederok

Mercs dealing to much damage at range. Nerf Tracer Missile by 20% and the Armor Reduction by 2% per stack.

Sorcs having way to much Damage, Utility, and escape mechanisms. Reduce Force Lightning by 20%, increase the Knockback to 1 minute and reduce the Shield absorb by 50%.

Powertech Pyrotechs are a freaking beast, they need to reduce their damage by a small percentage and reduce their Survivablity by a ton.

Jugg Rage spec need a huge nerf to Obliterate and Smash.

Basically you need to reduce all the classes to the same powerlevel of an Assasin, maurader, or Sniper and you will have a blanced game.

You must be -terrible-.

Mercs do -not- do the same ST ranged damage as Snipers do. The Sniper in my guild -obliterates- me in PvP.

I'm rolling another class because my Merc just doesn't get **** done in PvP. Yes, Tracer Missile has a lot of utility. It does seven separate beneficial things for Mercenaries! But that's a problem that doesn't require a flat damage nerf, it requires reworking the tree so that more than Tracer Missile and Unload have bonuses on them. That, and the only real huge-damage move we have is Death from Above, and it's on a one-minute cooldown -and- can be avoided.

And Sorcs absolutely wreck folks not because Force Lightning does lots of damage, but because everything they do does lots of damage. Also, if they're not paying attention, they go down in no time flat. This is because their class is intended to hit hard and get hit hard, just like Ops or Snipers. They have big numbers because they have low mobility and low survivability.

The changes the OP suggests are crazy. Here are the changes that need to happen.

Double the CD of force leap, it's far too short. It should be able to be used only once per combat.

All knockdowns should fill resolve bar completely and should be limited to 1 second.

All attacks out of stealth should be reduced even further.

Mercs dealing to much damage at range. Nerf Tracer Missile by 20% and the Armor Reduction by 2% per stack.

Sorcs having way to much Damage, Utility, and escape mechanisms. Reduce Force Lightning by 20%, increase the Knockback to 1 minute and reduce the Shield absorb by 50%.

Powertech Pyrotechs are a freaking beast, they need to reduce their damage by a small percentage and reduce their Survivablity by a ton.

Basically you need to reduce all the classes to the same powerlevel of an Assasin, maurader, or Sniper and you will have a blanced game.

If you let a Merc get off 3 tracers missiles on you in a row, stop taking bathroom breaks in the middle of a PVP fight.

Problem solved.

So far in this post we've decided that nerfs are needed for every class, rather than just buffing the 1 class that needs it. It's threads and players like these that ruin pvp. I'll give the devs credit too, for listening to these kids.

To the Powertech: Pyrotech thing-

My main is an Assault Vanguard, the same thing as what you're talking about except Republic side. Do you realize that the nerf your asking for would make us a complete waste of space? We hardly have any survivability anyway if we're specced into Assault.

Roughly 27% damage mitigation

NO form of healing whatsoever outside of a crappy 15% health over 10 seconds CD (2 mins)

A 2.5 sec AOE stun, and a 4 sec target stun

No extra mobility

No knockback

Why take away our damage AND our "survivability"? Damage is all we have anyway. Let's take away the main point of your class then.

The changes the OP suggests are crazy. Here are the changes that need to happen.

Double the CD of force leap, it's far too short. It should be able to be used only once per combat.

All knockdowns should fill resolve bar completely and should be limited to 1 second.

Obviously you don't play a Sentinel or Marauder, there is no way that you can double the CD of force leap. It's already hard enough for me to stay in combat as it is, considering BHs and SIs have knockbacks and stuns (I have neither). It's fine the way it is. If you doubled the CD of force leap I would never be able to stay in combat. You should be able to try your hand at kiting after you use your knockback (unless you spam tracer missile, then you just suck).

Force leap is also one of our primary focus generators, and you would essentially cripple the entire class by doing this.

I have a 50 Sage and I do think it needs a nerf.

I think it's because we can throw bubbles during downtime, when combat isn't occurring, and rack up 100k+ heals from them alone while simultaneously doing 300k+ damage with a 3-spell rotation.

Yeah it's more of a faceroll than Merc, I have a level 40 one of those, at least the Merc has to manage heat and monitor 5+ cooldowns.

Also force speed wins warzones by itself.

I can't count how many voidstars I won just by sprinting through the doors as soon as they blow.

I'm talking about TK/Bala (Lightning/Madness) hybrid obviously.

Full bala, full tk... are bad.

Probably going to roll Sorc next so I can be overpowered on both factions!

Edited by TaintedSquirrel

By all means reduce tracer missile damage, but put that damage into other attacks so mercs have more than four useful skills; tracer missile plus the followup attack (which is already on a sufficiently long cooldown), and the stun, and the AoE. Although higher levels have used heat seeker on me too. Not sure if they should have or not, but it killed my squishy self pretty easily.

Sorcerer bubble isn't that great, I don't know if it really needs a reduction. It goes away pretty quickly against a counter class such as an assassin or an OP. Reduce damage on Force Lightning OR increase Knockback cooldown to 1 minute, but not both. Leave the class either the ability to hurt you or annoy you, preferably annoy, as I consider Sorcerer the best troll class...I mean utility class in game.

Hell, no to increasing the CD for SW and JK Gap closer. Must be out of your mind dude. 15 secs(12 if talented in the Annihilation/Watchman tree) is fine. Because if they do that then they need to increase the range of Obliterate and Zealous leap, and stealth attacks do no need to be reduced since only 4 classes have stealth anyway. your propositions are ridiculous and not well thought out at all.

I love people who suggest that Bioware nerf Sorcerers.

Sorcerers are squishy. Pretty much every other DPS class in the game starts a fight with a Sorcerer 1 up, unless the Sorc gets the jump.

People need to realise the game isn't as unbalanced as they seem to think. Just because a class seems to kill you doesn't mean that class is unbalanced. If a cat fights a bear, the bear wins. That's balance.

Pretty much every other DPS class in the game starts a fight with a Sorcerer 1 up, unless the Sorc gets the jump.

Sorry bro, but scoundrel/operative gets the nerf bat so people can always survive them when they have the jump. No one should die because another class has an advantage over them, haven't you been reading the forums?

It would be a lot easier, and cheaper for Bioware if you just learnt to play.