Trooper Ending Horrible

TarikGur

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far I like the trooper story. It's better than my Sith Warrior so far i think. My sith warrior is ALL evil and frankly it gets boring murdering people and being agonizingly arrogant, because it just isn't me.

My trooper is mostly light but he doesn't like garza very much and he will make some dark side choices when the LS choices are, frankly, ridiculous.

At least the endings for Darkside and Lightside choices after Chapter 3 was changed. Now it's the same "heroic" atmosphere as you walk away and the zoom in begins with the dark screen for a couple sec. Edited by Eillack

old thread whatever.

But I played as a natrual trooper, I thought the story was pretty good. The DS/LS points made sense to me, but light side choice are sometimes naive and DS choices are sometimes stupid, so i went with what i thought and it was pretty good.

ACT 1 was better than the other though.

Edit

liked the end cuse i killed Rakten.

Edited by Parali
spoiler tags added

It was frustrating, to be sure. But having served 6 years in the Army, I had to laugh. They effectively captured the type of civilian political bull***** that can make soldiers cynical and jaded.

In a way, they elicited in you the same type of emotion that caused Tavus and Havoc Squad to defect in the first place, bringing the story full circle.

Think of how many real world troops... in WW2, Vietnam, Korea... had to fight tooth and nail to take Hill 67, or Objective Lima, or whatever piece of land was deemed important that day... they watch their friends die... they see and experience things that are indescribably painful... and then 2 days later are ordered to abandon Hill 67 and go do something else.

I think either the writers were brilliant in creating that sense of disappointment and '***, are you kidding me? All that... for nothing?' bitterness... or the writers were just THAT bad and did it by accident. Haha.

kudos to you my man....exactly what I was telling a friend a couple days ago.

They are either brilliant or lucky...

• 3 weeks later...

Ord Mantell had the dumbest LS/DS choices. The aforementioned giving the medicine to sick soldiers, and telling a kid to go back to his parents is DS? Really? Really. "here's some credits, little Jimmy, leave your parents worried sick, not like you're their son and would love you no matter what, and support your long, arduous mental recovery".

Also, I like the trooper story line the first time around. When it was called Mass Effect. "We seem to have been betrayed! You're the only one who can stop this traitor. Well, you and this crew you have to assemble first. Where are they? Oh, all over the place. I know you're a ranking officer on a secret mission of the utmost importance, but if they have anything they need you to do before hand, be sure to help them."

Get serious.

While I found the ending a bit anti-climactic I didn't think it was necessarily horrible. It was realistic in a way several people have already pointed out. Unfortunately, though, it just didn't measure up to Act 1 and Rakton just wasn't a very formidable or intimidating figure to have as a final nemesis. Sadly, I found myself becoming more and more bored with the storyline after Act 1. There were bright spots in the intervals between Acts but, overall, it was just kinda... there. There was no real personal impact in the story anymore. You were a soldier doing your duty and that's that. Was it realistic? Sure. Was it important to the safety of the Republic? No doubt. Did it make for compelling storytelling? Not really.

So, yeah. It was OK and that's the best I'll give it. In comparison to Act 1 and bringing the former Havoc squad members to justice it didn't hold a candle.

The prologue and Act 1 were pretty interesting. Unfortunately I was working on 3 toons all at the same level so I was getting sick of doing the same quests (outside of the class story quests) 3 times in a row.

From one view point, I can see how some people find the storyline a bit flat. I've done 5 of the other classes already and I can see the difference. But I see it like, I'm just a soldier. I do the wetworks. No questions, no answers. That's the job.

I just recently finished Act 1 and am glad I've got a new objective. But the whole first interaction regarding picking up Vik seems really dumb. I need him, but I need to go get him and once I do find him, I need to do whatever he needs done first? I don't feel very elite anymore. So it's already not looking very promising. But on the other hand, the trooper is a fun class.

On the note of LS/DS...I did the whole "just ignore the LS/DS" thing on my bounty hunter and ended up neutral and could not stand not having any relics throughout all 50 levels. So I sorta just tossed "what my toon would do" out the window when they come along and am just picking DS choices regardless. But I'm with those that think that's pretty lame to be forced to do that.

I have just finished my trooper story and got to 50. Here's how I found the story to be amazing. Play a complete hipocrite! A friend of mine and I play 2 separate classes on my account so he watches me play. We laughed the whole way. Here's every single scenario in the game:

Yes, we should save these people=+15 to companion

We have to get them supplies that they require=+15 to companion

Nah, let's just kill them ourselves and keep the supplies!=-30 to companion. 100 dark points.

I'm truly sorry that this had to be done,but it was for the greater good...=+15 to companion

Of course the way to play is with the dark alignment, but every choice is what you would WANT. so it's a win win.

I just finished the Trooper story at 49 and didn't even realize it.

I beat Rakton (was disappointed he was so easy), returned to Coruscant, got my medal, listened to my speech, then followed the next mission prompt to visit the fleet.

When I got there the mission was just Ilum. I checked my mission screen looking for my next "Class" mission and there wasn't one. I was dumbfounded. That was it? Seriously? THAT WAS THE ENDING? When my sniper finished his story I almost cried. This was so anticlimactic I missed it.

I just finished the Trooper story at 49 and didn't even realize it.

I beat Rakton (was disappointed he was so easy), returned to Coruscant, got my medal, listened to my speech, then followed the next mission prompt to visit the fleet.

When I got there the mission was just Ilum. I checked my mission screen looking for my next "Class" mission and there wasn't one. I was dumbfounded. That was it? Seriously? THAT WAS THE ENDING? When my sniper finished his story I almost cried. This was so anticlimactic I missed it.

There are class missions on Ilum. Then it leads to flashpoints and endgame.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished the trooper story last night. I was satisfied with the way it ended. It didn't have the epic finish like the Jedi Knight or either Sith classes but it did give closure to the story.

I killed Rakton so not sure how much closure you get by letting him go. Also, I'm puzzled as to choosing to hit the bar at the end, I get points only with Dorne where I would think she'd be the last person to get points with and Tanno would've given quite a few points for that choice.

Like the other class stories it had its ups and downs. The prelude was probably the best part IMO...felt like I was in an episode of 24. The rest of the story as a whole was a little meh...but there were enough moments in there to keep it fun. The companions were definitely the best of any of the classes. The BH had some great interaction with them all but with the trooper, I really felt like I had a team and they were involved in more of the cut scenes (even some of the fights which was awesome) than any of the other classes.

I actually found the end quite funny. I originally was going to take Rakton prisoner, but then when the Imps were retaliating, I just found the choice to lose the baggage by killing him quite funny. I can see how LS players would hate letting him go though.

Rakton was a bit disappointing as the big bad boss compared to other class bosses. But getting to him was actually a fun ride. And the highlight of the whole story which I think brings this story up right behind the IA's is Jaxo. I actually had to exit that cut scene and look up the results of each choice before making a decision. o.O

Just playing Jedi Knight and I feel Jedis know so much more what happens around them than a Trooper. Troopers may have big army behind them but it rarely helps them and tells anything wortwhile. Especially about Republics own mistakes. With Jedi Knight generals and everybody else seems to bring them to inner circle confessing their darkest secrets.

Its like Troopers are hurried through back door by butler. While Jedi Knights got the grand entrance, red carpet and warm welcome from host.

I think what people are missing is that soldiers are rarely informed of the "big picture", they go to <insert place here> and follow their orders, that's it. Troopers are the mushrooms of SWTOR, kept in the dark and fed manure.

The ending is horrible? Try the whole damn story.

I have ran 2 troopers so far since I started this game about 3 months ago.

The 1st one I deleted when I reached Balmorra at level 36 (a Vanguard) and the 2nd one when I was half way Belsavis (level 45 commando).

To me, it's one of the worst storylines I've seen in this game.

I started another commando this saturday but this time I'll focus in helping my guild (which is small and made of close server friends) than focusing in the storyline. I'll only do it because it "needs" to be done.

Now I'm only playing it for the looks (Troopers are cool :p) and because i really want a trooper, since the name of my guild do fit the class and everyone else in the guild has one.

Edited by Haggardbr

But... isn't this a setup for the stories that are yet to come?

In a broad sense, I do think the story gave us a real taste of how thankless a soldiers job must be at times. All the more reason to admire them.

I had your exact same reaction when I finished the story OP, but the more I think about it, the more I really like the ending (bear with me on this).

First, a bit of background; I played the Trooper class based on my own ethics and morals which turned out to be fairly high on the light side with a bit of dark mixed in there. Throughout the entire Trooper campaign, I found myself wrestling with many of those shades of gray decisions given to us (save the people/miss the objective etc). Moreover, I found far more of these ethically difficult decisions for the Trooper compared to any other class (I have played all of them btw - and IA is also very good). The ending so long as you were good and let Rakton live forced me into a terrible decision that I hated, or made a mockery of everything I stood for up to this point. Frankly, this set up for my most memorable omg **** you decision in the entire game was perfect given we had many like this (although this was on a larger scale) and I completely applaud Bioware for sticking it to us. Anways that's my two cents.

Now, if you played dark side, this post probably won't carry any weight at all, lol.

Just finished my trooper's story last night, and i think the end was a bit of a let down (shame rakton didn't see it) On the whole the story wasn't too bad, but when i finished my assassin's story i felt like i had really accomplished something, this one was just blah at the end.

I actually liked the Trooper storyline. Not because the the ending was awesome (it was anti-climatic, even the DS choice disappointed me), but amongst the Class Story endings I have seen, the Trooper Ending hints a continuation of the story the strongest.

Can't wait for BioWare to unveil Acts 4 and beyond.

I just dinged 50 a few hours ago, finished the Trooper story (decided not to kill Rakton) as well and I would just say that the ending conversation with the supreme chancellor, the part where you have light and dark options was not carefully thought out, the choices should be the other way around. You just spent practically your entire Trooper life beating this guy's moves and yet the light side option is to let him go for thousands of prisoners and make thousands of families happy and reason that you beat him once you can beat him again. *** logic is that?

Fortunately upon choosing the dark side and keep Rakton as prisoner your character was able to argue that releasing him would mean that he would **** up everything again, kill billions and all that other ****. Keeping him and prevent all this **** from happening SHOULD be the light side option.

Nothing! She sends you an email and you never see her again.