Let's Just Nerf EVERYTHING!

Proto

Never ceases to amaze me... Every single MMO out there you got your failboat pvpers that get steamrolled by skilled players and immediately run to the forums and cry nerf until the devs cave in and systematically destroy the classes one by one.

UO: Magery + Plate users nerfed. Pre-cast Halberd nerf. Trammel/Fellucca for carebears.

SWG: Rifle nerf, making everyone and their mother a Jedi

EVE: High sec catering, low sec CONCORD presence up the wazoo to keep the bluebies happy.

DAOC: Inf nerf, Wizard nerf, Hunter nerf, adding millions of guards to the realm gates to prevent pvp, the PBAOE nerf on Elds - all because of whiners.

WOW: Hunter nerf, rogue nerf, paladin ret nerf, hell every damn class due to crying babies.

RIFT: Rogue sabateur nerf (destroyed the class), Pyro mage nerf, Cleric tanking nerf, Warrior champion nerf. All because of forum trolls.

-------------------------------------------------

Come to think of it, the only game I can recall that hasn't butchered classes and totally messed up the fun-factor in the name of PVP is LOTRO (probably because it has no real pvp!) - which is far and away one of the games I've been least interested in long-term. All other MMO's I've touched has screwed up classes not in the name of balance, but in the name of catering to armchair generals that spend countless hours crying.

This Operative/Scoundrel nerf is beyond overkill. They are FINE at 50. You take their burst away and you literally make them pocket-healers because bringing them in for PVP as burst dps is negated completely. Now that this nerf is likely to pass, I see threads popping up crying to nerf Sorcs/Sages! Its just unbelievable. No one cares to adapt and become a better player. Instead, they choose to destroy fun classes that are a challenge to defeat.

Edited by Proto

16k damage during an unbreakable CC is skill amirite.

He should have saved his 2 min cc breaker for the possible opener from operative or have a guarding buddy with him - balanced ^^.

Operatives should stop with the tunnel vision ... you have 3 talent trees. And if it turns out one of your trees is too weak, you will get something instead the gimmicky burst lol stun lock kill.

Edited by Repefe

It seems to me that the true failboat is people who depend upon overpowered game mechanics to succeed in pvp.

Every whining post in response to the OP nerf is pure deliciousness to those people you steamrolled nonstop since release. You realize that, right?

He should have saved his 2 min cc breaker for the possible opener from operative or have a guarding buddy with him - balanced ^^.

Operatives should stop with the tunnel vision ... you have 3 talent trees. And if it turns out one of your trees is too weak, you will get something instead the gimmicky burst lol stun lock kill.

using your cc breaker works... except when you're knocked down. if you're knocked down and you use it you have to wait for the "get up" animation to finish before you can do anything.

using your cc breaker works... except when you're knocked down. if you're knocked down and you use it you have to wait for the "get up" animation to finish before you can do anything.

False. You can use it right away and your character instantly gets up.

See? Please everyone, read what this guy above is writing. Complete nonsense spoken with zero experience about something in-game that doesn't actually happen. This, and so many other claims of "this is overpowered, nerf nerf nerf" are what destroy fun-factor. The fun-factor of an MMO character is far and away more important than catering to forum whiners who cannot adapt to fast gameplay, circle strafing, and so on. If you take away a classes feeling of being worthwhile and useful, you've successfully destroyed that player's will to login and continue gaming because of a lack of faith in the stability of their class because of a dev's knee-jerk reaction.

Edited by Proto

OP it's the other way around. Un skilled players must play a OP class to compete.

So that makes you ??

That makes me a Sith Juggernaut, one of the least desired classes in the game. Here I am advocating for what others called the most overpowered yet I play none of the classes that are labeled as such. What does that make me? It makes me someone who cares about the future of the game and someone who absolutely loathes the people who refuse to get better and instead come here to try and create change. In effect, these ppl crying for nerf are asking for an in-game slider that says:

Very Easy

Easy

Normal

Hard

Nightmare

These players want a difficulty slide that gets stamped to everyone. Eventually what happens is you get what WOW is today: a total bastardization of what it was in the beginning to the point that you can faceroll through the entire thing while sleeping.

Edited by Proto

So you define balance as having a chance against a class once every 2 mins?

K, got it.

That makes me a Sith Juggernaut, one of the least desired classes in the game. Here I am advocating for what others called the most overpowered yet I play none of the classes that are labeled as such. What does that make me? It makes me someone who cares about the future of the game and someone who absolutely loathes the people who refuse to get better and instead come here to try and create change. In effect, these ppl crying for nerf are asking for an in-game slider that says:

Very Easy

Easy

Normal

Hard

Nightmare

These players want a difficulty slide that gets stamped to everyone. Eventually what happens is you get what WOW is today: a total bastardization of what it was in the beginning to the point that you can faceroll through the entire thing while sleeping.

YEAH!

Let's not balance anything for fear of it becoming balanced!

OP must be a skilled player, winning with the FOTM class now its knocked down a few pegs QQ he may have to use some skill now to win. Im sure new FOTM class will turn up for you dont QQ too much

I don't play any of the classes that are being cried over. I play a sith warrior as a main. I actually enjoy fighting good scoundrels and operatives. I know that if I left them alone to do what they want with me without constantly countering them with a force choke, a push, a slow, a charge, etc. THAT I WOULD DIE VERY, VERY FAST. When I win, I know (and my enemy knows) that I was definitely a skilled player. That, to me, is what defines fun PVP. Not having everyone this cookie-cutter ez mode that you're promoting.

The only thing I support and can understand is the change to the knockdown timer from 3 sec to 1.5. That totally makes sense. The rest? Not at all.

Edited by Proto

I will only comment on this, since i didnt play the other games you mention and i was a resto druid on WoW and cant rly complain^^

RIFT: Rogue sabateur nerf (destroyed the class), Pyro mage nerf, Cleric tanking nerf, Warrior champion nerf. All because of forum trolls.

Rogue saboteurs: A rogue could stack up on you his charges every one second. You could cleanse one of them every 1,5 seconds, thus making it pointless to even thinking of cleansing them. So after 5 seconds he detonated them for TONS of dmg oh and in 2 seconds he could do it again with his skill that gave him a full set of charges and his detonate skill.

So in 7 seconds a rogue sab would kill you no matter what you did.

Pyro mages: A pyro mage could actually 1-shot you. Really. Look it up on youtube..Or try to find the old posts about pyromages on Rift's forums.No need to explain anything else. Oh and you couldnt do anything at all to avoid it.

Cleric tanks: I aggree on that, pointless nerf for PvE, but mandatory for PvP, since you just couldnt kill them even with 5 ppl on them.

Warrior champion: You mean the one that you were knocked down for all eternity, they were hitting like trucks and they had heavy armor (oh and hello healing debuff), so you only needed 2 champions to win a bg...

So, to conclude. First play the damn game OR at least do a better research before saying that forum trolls caused uneeded nerfs. As i said before i wont comment on the other games, since i didnt play them and i have no idea about them.

p.s. If Mythic is involved in the nerfing process, then i feel sorry for whoever is nerfed. These guys were not just nerfing classes at Warhammer. They were making them freaking useless with a single patch.

Using the CC-breaker DOES break the knockdown, but yes there still is an animation time of getting up, otherwise Spinning Kick would be worthless, 2sec knockdown, the actual downtime is closer to 3-4 seconds.

Fighting against operatives I'll CC-break out of Hidden Strike's KD but still they get in 3-4 attacks before I can do anything.

Never ceases to amaze me... Every single MMO out there you got your failboat pvpers that get steamrolled by skilled players and immediately run to the forums and cry nerf until the devs cave in and systematically destroy the classes one by one.

UO: Magery + Plate users nerfed. Pre-cast Halberd nerf. Trammel/Fellucca for carebears.

SWG: Rifle nerf, making everyone and their mother a Jedi

EVE: High sec catering, low sec CONCORD presence up the wazoo to keep the bluebies happy.

DAOC: Inf nerf, Wizard nerf, Hunter nerf, adding millions of guards to the realm gates to prevent pvp, the PBAOE nerf on Elds - all because of whiners.

WOW: Hunter nerf, rogue nerf, paladin ret nerf, hell every damn class due to crying babies.

-------------------------------------------------

Come to think of it, the only game I can recall that hasn't butchered classes and totally messed up the fun-factor in the name of PVP is LOTRO (probably because it has no real pvp!) - which is far and away one of the games I've been least interested in long-term. All other MMO's I've touched has screwed up classes not in the name of balance, but in the name of catering to armchair generals that spend countless hours crying.

This Operative/Scoundrel nerf is beyond overkill. They are FINE at 50. You take their burst away and you literally make them pocket-healers because bringing them in for PVP as burst dps is negated completely. Now that this nerf is likely to pass, I see threads popping up crying to nerf Sorcs/Sages! Its just unbelievable. No one cares to adapt and become a better player. Instead, they choose to destroy fun classes that are a challenge to defeat.

LOL! He said it takes skill to backstab another player while they lay helplessly on the ground not doing ANYTHING. You could literally take your second hand off the keyboard and drink your champagne while you use your other hand to decimate the player you are attacking.

Also, i played rift. I played sab when it was godmode. It needed a nerf. And guess what.... i still used it after it was nerfed when i realized they intended the class to be AOE/utility class. I also lvl'd a mage to 50. After pyro nerfs i was still godmode and easily (and i mean EASILY) got top damage using only single target.

But yea, play a marauder/sentinel then tell me which class takes more skill.

LOL! He said it takes skill to backstab another player while they lay helplessly on the ground not doing ANYTHING. You could literally take your second hand off the keyboard and drink your champagne while you use your other hand to decimate the player you are attacking.

Who the hell drinks champagne while pvping?