HUTTBALL ... Exploit / cheating / Fairplay ??? which is it ??

Trushott

Article 1 Touchdown Plays. A touchdown is scored when:

(a) the ball is on, above, or behind the plane of the opponents’ goal line and is in possession of a runner

who has advanced from the field of play; or

(b) a ball in possession of an airborne runner is on, above, or behind the plane of the goal line, and some

part of the ball passed over or inside the pylon; o

I haven't seen that specific wording anywhere, what I was quoting was the wording from the NFL.com rule book, which if worded badly, makes it out to be different to what was being said here. If it's not as worded, and I'm wrong then I'll always admit it, but where I drew the line and just stopped engaging trolls was when lines came out like 'this guy who doesn't watch much football and has never been to a match' etc, trolls gathering together and laughing off things they have no idea about making blanket statements. From that moment on the conversation is beyond repair. then little trolls pop up with 'haha u av stopped talkin dat means I wuz ryt all along hahaha I win' which just makes me laugh.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually wrong. Consider NFL, arguably the biggest sport in the US where the developers in this game reside. Both feet have to touch the floor of the end zone for it to count as a touchdown. You can't hurdle the entire end zone and land outside the map and score a touchdown. That's not what happens. That's what I believe Huttball is modeled on. It isn't modeled on football because there is no 'goal' with a net or goalkeeper involved so you can't compare it to that sport. Considering the game was devloped in America it's more likely modelled on NFL than Rugby.

if you goining us the NFL as your arguement. Please keep in mind that if a reciever in the endzone is forced out of bounds by the defense before he can get his feet down (which is exactly what is being done in huttball) it is a touchdown. You should learn the rules of football before you try to use it to justify a broken mechanic in huttball

if you goining us the NFL as your arguement. Please keep in mind that if a reciever in the endzone is forced out of bounds by the defense before he can get his feet down (which is exactly what is being done in huttball) it is a touchdown. You should learn the rules of football before you try to use it to justify a broken mechanic in huttball

Dude... the force out rule was pulled from the books like 5 seasons ago. Keep up.

I'm not getting into this again... the rule I quoted was taken directly from ww.nfl.com/rulebook. It turns out the wording of the rule is not strictly the case, and therefore I am wrong which I accept, the last bit is BS, speaking about a subject does not require you to have complete knowledge of the subject, otherwise nobody in the world would ever be wrong... this is how people find out they are wrong and learn about things. I hate seeing people say 'duh don't talk about it if you don't already know about it.'

People talk about things as they understand them, lines like don't talk about something if you're wrong are stupid. If that was the case half the threads on this forum about PVP imbalance and other classes would be deleted.

Edited by Paralassa
content

I do admit, it does kinda suck that troopers don't get a grapple ability- maybe they should add that to the trooper class so they can do it too? Cuz as it stands, with only one faction able to do it- it really is unfair.

At least, most of the time it gets used, it causes a goal.

I do admit, it does kinda suck that troopers don't get a grapple ability- maybe they should add that to the trooper class so they can do it too? Cuz as it stands, with only one faction able to do it- it really is unfair.

At least, most of the time it gets used, it causes a goal.

Can the Vanguard not use it? Not all BH can, only the Powertech can and not the Mercenary, considering the trooper is a mirror class the Vanguard should get some kind of pull ability but not the Commando.

I haven't seen that specific wording anywhere, what I was quoting was the wording from the NFL.com rule book, which if worded badly, makes it out to be different to what was being said here. If it's not as worded, and I'm wrong then I'll always admit it, but where I drew the line and just stopped engaging trolls was when lines came out like 'this guy who doesn't watch much football and has never been to a match' etc, trolls gathering together and laughing off things they have no idea about making blanket statements. From that moment on the conversation is beyond repair. then little trolls pop up with 'haha u av stopped talkin dat means I wuz ryt all along hahaha I win' which just makes me laugh.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/14_Rule11_Scoring.pdf

NFL.com rulebook...

Again... different to nfl.com which is where I was looking that prints the rule worded badly. Anyway it doesn't matter, the conversation is over. More baiting is pointless. I've acknowledged the point, I'm just not engaging the trolls that roll out en masse to laugh off your points and make up silly statements that's all.

well since Bioware cant afford servers that can handle the stress of a search function im not going to dig for it :)

please link where a GM said this ... becuase that is bull XXXX and i dont mind telling them if they did say it was legit

IMPORTANT NOTE: ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL OR RUGBY OR ANY SPORT WITH A GOALINE KNOWS THAT AS SOON AS THE BALL CROSSES THE "PLANE" OF THE GOALINE IT IS A SCORE .. AND TECHNICALLY PLAYERS ARE BEING PULLED ACROSS THE GOALINE WITH BALL IN HAND AND ALIVE BEFORE THEY GET TO BARRIER THAT KILLS THEM SO IT SHOULD TECHNICALLY BE A SCORE AND SHOULD BE CODED AS SUCH BY THE DEVELOPERS ASAP

Not true in Rugby Football, there you actually need to touch the ground with the ball to score.

For any game that requires a flag,ball,shard or whatever item it may be,to be carried by a player to a target location,there needs to be some restrictions on the abilities the ball carrier can use.Otherwise you will have formed teams of specific classes just to carry the ball thus screwing all others out.

IMO the ball carrier should not be able to use any leap,pull,speed buff,immune shielding or cc/root immune ability and doing so causes them to drop the ball when the ability is activated.Now normal use of a cc break ability is fine.CC/root DR should be in effect and allowed as well.

OP, quit you whining and while you're at it, stop lying too.

I know, as a Powertech myself, that if you grapple the ball carrier into deathzone, it kills them AND causes them to score. You can only pull a non-carrier into spawn to kill them, and I think that's perfectly fair being that it's on a 1min CD and helps prevent being locked down into our endzone. Not to mention it prevents spawn campers. And to top it off, we can't just sit there and do it or we'll get booted from the WZ anyhow so it's only viable with ~10sec after coming out of endzone.

So, stop crying and yes i'll say it, learn to play. Besides, you could always CC the guy that is going to grapple you, then score. Get more experience in pvp and huttball, then you'll change your tune.

Can the Vanguard not use it? Not all BH can, only the Powertech can and not the Mercenary, considering the trooper is a mirror class the Vanguard should get some kind of pull ability but not the Commando.

I was being sarcastic, because the OP was acting like this was an imbalance that caused his team, Republic to lose.

Fact is, if both sides can do it, it's not an imbalance.

OP, quit you whining and while you're at it, stop lying too.

I know, as a Powertech myself, that if you grapple the ball carrier into deathzone, it kills them AND causes them to score. You can only pull a non-carrier into spawn to kill them, and I think that's perfectly fair being that it's on a 1min CD and helps prevent being locked down into our endzone. Not to mention it prevents spawn campers. And to top it off, we can't just sit there and do it or we'll get booted from the WZ anyhow so it's only viable with ~10sec after coming out of endzone.

So, stop crying and yes i'll say it, learn to play. Besides, you could always CC the guy that is going to grapple you, then score. Get more experience in pvp and huttball, then you'll change your tune.

You can pull the ball carrier into the spawn area

It does not let them score

It is on a 45 second CD

Also you cannot just stay up there and wait because you get kicked if you stay up in the respawn area too long.

Trying to plan for this and develop a team wide strategy based around it as the OP suggests just isn't happening. I have been able to pull this off on occasion but I just so happened to be spawning, as the ball runner was entering the endzone and his resolve bar wasn't completely full from half my team following him and trying to CC him. It's not as common an occurence as the OP suggests.

Does it suck when it happens? Sure, but it also sucks when I get cc'd in the fire, knocked in the acid, knocked off the ramp when I'm close to scoring, or have a Jedi with the ball force leap to me when they're in our pit and I just dropped out of our starting spot along with all the other hazards in huttball. That's why it's my favorite WZ.

I've also been booted from warzones and gotten zero reward from trying to get a pull off from loitering too long in the endzone, it's not like it's a risk-free move. You risk losing any reward from the whole match if you're gonna try it.

Edited by Vetorept

Just more sore losers crying.

So when the announcer says 'cheating is encouraged' they mean only if its not the other team ?

Wah wah more 50s to their own bracket

Wah wah the 50s have more gear than me

I think the only time I didnt hear the republic crying about something is when they had the

50s premade and went up against all low levels empire players.

Let me clarify this for EVERYONE.

As a tank spec shadow, I have force pull.

If you're standing in the respawn area, you can pull other players up there.

It will:

1 - Instantly kill them

2 - If the person is holding the ball, it will instantly kill them and it will count as a score.

no .. 2 is how IT SHOULD BE ... but at the moment it does not count as score on the way to insta death and it should count

IMPORTANT NOTE: ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL OR RUGBY OR ANY SPORT WITH A GOALINE KNOWS THAT AS SOON AS THE BALL CROSSES THE "PLANE" OF THE GOALINE IT IS A SCORE .. AND TECHNICALLY PLAYERS ARE BEING PULLED ACROSS THE GOALINE WITH BALL IN HAND AND ALIVE BEFORE THEY GET TO BARRIER THAT KILLS THEM SO IT SHOULD TECHNICALLY BE A SCORE AND SHOULD BE CODED AS SUCH BY THE DEVELOPERS ASAP

U really know rugby (not american fotball) rules? if u lose the ball in the goal zone u dont score, u need to put the ball in the ground for score.

Edited by Necroyer

Its dumb and need to removed from the game. Their is no way to beat it.

Either you can't read, or you can't be bothered to read. Whichever one it is you should probably sort it out.

There are loads of ways to beat it, even posted right here in this very thread believe it or not.

Edited by Zetara

So one class is superior to all others in that they can easily win games with one ability?

People are going to defend this? Really?

Sitting in one spot. Never moving. Waiting for someone to come near. And pressing one button.

Is that the challenge you want out of your game?

Edited by endikux

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.