Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server population is getting ridicolous down by 70%

Miffen

Due to recent days horrible design decisions my server is pretty much dead on the republic side and I can almost guarantee it is a huge drop on the imperial side as well.

Some statistics that i gathered now for my server on the republic side:

Republic fleet

Now: 21 players

A week ago: 97

Total level 50 players:

Now: 43 players

A week ago: 238

Is this acceptable? What is going to happen in a months time?

Bioware you failed with a lot of things, now it is time to clean up this mess and keep the last few subscribers you have happy. You need to start developing a cross realm tool so we can interact with multiple realms for PVE and PVP.

Edited by Miffen

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im shamed to say iv bailed to the evil side, when such a huge % of player go to one said I keep thinking theres got to be something in it.

Also I like BH

That's actually one of the worst things you could've done. The smart move would be to convince Imperials to move to the Republic in order to help (try) to balance out Ilum.

Enjoy your Huttball, though.

Due to recent days horrible design decisions my server is pretty much dead on the republic side and I can almost guarantee it is a huge drop on the imperial side as well.

Republic fleet

Total level 50 players:

Bioware you failed with a lot of things, now it is time to clean up this mess and keep the last few subscribers you have happy. You need to start developing a cross realm tool so we can interact with multiple realms for PVE and PVP.

You do realize the game is less than 2 months old and had the largest number of pre-orders/orders in mmorpg history right? Just pointing that out.

83% of all statistics are made up on the spot, 49% of people know that.

Exactly this.

Edited by Seeiphiel

Republic fleet

Total level 50 players:

Did you count the numbers at the same time, or did you just took the 21 republic at middle of the night and the 97 at prime time? Fool..

You do realize the game is less than 2 months old and had the largest number of pre-orders/orders in mmorpg history right? Just pointing that out.

Exactly this.

of course it has the name STAR WARS written all over it! im even surprised they didnt have more! but that's not the real measure not is it? wait till people realize just how bad it is.. im sorry i wanna love it but its bad

Edited by Renzetsu

You do realize servers are capped at like ~4-5k players, right? It doesn't matter matter if the game sold 156 million trillion units, when that population is spread over 4k population servers.

Take a server that's now medium load during prime times, with population imbalance of 3:1.

Republic = ghost town.

Edited by wixxkruppel

of course it has the name STAR WARS written all over it! im even surprised they didnt have more! but that's not the real measure not is it? wait till people realize just how bad it is.. im sorry i wanna love it but its bad

Well because you said so, it must be true! :rolleyes:

Exactly this.

Every single MMO every has the highest number of release purchases in history, up until the next one comes out.

Republic fleet

Total level 50 players:

At what time and on what day did you take your numbers?

Have you considered that some of those lvl 50s might have rolled alts?

You do realize servers are capped at like ~4-5k players, right? It doesn't matter matter if the game sold 156 million trillion units, when that population is spread over 4k population servers.

Take a server that's now medium load during prime times, with population imbalance of 3:1.

Republic = ghost town.

So where did you get the 4-5k players from? Another statistic?

It depends on the time of day. Yes this time of day you will not see many people at the station. But at prime times our server still sees a ton over people there. Over 300.

I was even on the Imp home world and it was packed with lower level players.

Edited by Romiz

Republic = ghost town.

Higher than that.

Last night at @9pm est...Every single server was Heavy...Including Euro.

I don't quite see how heavy servers induce a panic but, the statistics surrounding this issue are very wrong.

Bugs / overused voices aside.

This game has no endgame content.

No crafting insentive

Pvp is flawed due to game engine and other class imbalances.

The game is a levelling portal from 1-50, If only it had another universe to go to at 50 with open worlds, flying and neutral cities.

But this wasn't in the 150 million budget.

I switched to Imperial because Republic is so dead.

I'll say it again, let Republic players play for free and we'll probably see an even ratio. It really would be F2P at that point. Republic is no frills bland and Empire is hella fun bad assery you pay to play on. I guess there might be some appeal for those who like to roleplay hobos.

Edited by SwigMcJigger

5am CST on my server The Harbinger, but there are 180 players on imperial fleet (probably mostly Oceanics). Even more crowded during NA prime time. Plenty of LFM for hard mode flashpoints going on right now.

Play in a more crowded server in your next MMO. Don't immediately run to an empty server because the servers in the first week of release are full.

Edited by aivedoir