Lol, Random Name Generator?

AngryErik

I just made another alt... female toon this time.

Customized, couldn't think of a name, so I just started hitting randoms. Found a few that I liked, they were taken. So, I decided to widen the parameters a bit and accept "female-ish" names.

It took no less (I counted :)) than 18 random names being accepted, before I found one that was not already in use.

Would it -really- be so hard to make the random name generator choose a random name not already in use on the server?

About as hard as it would be for you to slightly modify any given random name.

Yep, for instance, let's say that AngryErik is already taken, jsut try and modify it a bit too

AngryErikEstrada instead of saving it for your legacy name.

About as hard as it would be for you to slightly modify any given random name.
Take mine for example. I clearly wanted to pay homage to my idol, and Revan was clearly already taken on just about every server.

so were Revann, Revvan, Rrevan, and you get the idea, but somehow Wrevan wasn't lol so yeah, feel free to add a letter here and there to a random name. Probably take less time than counting them all and making a thread about it :p

Agreed, and speaking of name availability...

I want every single character name used by "the unsubbers" made available again for paying customers.

Those unsubbers paid their $60 for the game and a month's playtime. Just because they're unsatisfied with the game as is doesn't mean they won't be back in a few months. Besides, why should they lose their names so that you can take them, when you might not even be here in a month?

Those unsubbers paid their $60 for the game and a month's playtime. Just because they're unsatisfied with the game as is doesn't mean they won't be back in a few months. Besides, why should they lose their names so that you can take them, when you might not even be here in a month?

Why should those names be unavailable indefinitely for all current and future players of this game? If you don't pay your rent, does you landlord let you stay there - preventing future tenants from moving in?

Why should those names be unavailable indefinitely for all current and future players of this game? If you don't pay your rent, does you landlord let you stay there - preventing future tenants from moving in?

You don't make the names unavailable permanently, but definitely for at least 3-6 months. Your rent analogy doesn't work here. Nobody is prevented from moving in(playing the game), just from using a name that's already been taken.

I've already unsubbed, but I haven't ruled out playing in the future. It's not my fault that BW/EAs eagerness to get this game on the market has led to a game that's unfinished. I don't believe I'm morally bond by some Star Wars fanboi mentality to suffer through months of necessary corrective development and improvement in hopes of a better finished product. BUT, I pre-ordered the game, I paid my $60, and I levelled a toon to 46 or 47 and another to 23ish. I can't think of a valid reason to remove my names from me.

Because they want players to return if they didnt like something. If you nuke their characters no one will come back.