Morality gone mad!

zumbledum

Some of the morality choices do bug me too.

[MINOR SPOILER ALERT FOR QUESTING ON TYTHON.]

A great example is when you're dealing with the two Jedi Padawans who are in love with each other. I was expecting I'd be able to hide their secret by simply not telling their master about them, but instead the only negative option was to take a bribe from them in the form of a lightsabre crystal.

Now, maybe it's just me, but taking a bribe is a lot worse to me than simply hiding someone's secret for them. As such I was forced to turn them in, because I didn't want to take a bribe. Why could I not simply hide their secret, did the dark side option really have to make a completely corrupt bastard out of me?

Edited by PJEBarlow

Some of the morality choices do bug me too.

[MINOR SPOILER ALERT FOR QUESTING ON TYTHON.]

A great example is when you're dealing with the two Jedi Padawans who are in love with each other. I was expecting I'd be able to hide their secret by simply not telling their master about them, but instead the only negative option was to take a bribe from them in the form of a lightsabre crystal.

Now, maybe it's just me, but taking a bribe is a lot worse to me than simply hiding someone's secret for them. As such I was forced to turn them in, because I didn't want to take a bribe. Why could I not simply hide their secret, did the dark side option really have to make a completely corrupt bastard out of me?

Even this decision really has nothing to do with the "moral" choice. Since the Jedi eschew attachments, being romantically involved (as a Jedi) was frowned upon as it was against the code. After all, look what good it did for Anakin. His attachment not only to his mother and (eventually) wife led to a whole lot of people dying.

I know one, even more rediculus.

Girl, get Mind whip, (colective)

you choose, force the girl to leave collective or they all getting slaughter +100 Dark

you choose, Leave the Girl mind whip and let them go away with it. +100 Light.

lol

I know one, even more rediculus.

Girl, get Mind whip, (colective)

you choose, force the girl to leave collective or they all getting slaughter +100 Dark

you choose, Leave the Girl mind whip and let them go away with it. +100 Light.

lol

Again, this is not about a moral choice. Do you embrace COMPASSION and UNDERSTANDING and allow the girl to stay where she is at peace with herself and surroundings or do you embrace FEAR and INTOLERANCE and threaten numerous beings with SUFFERING in an attempt to bend her to your will?

Again, this is not about a moral choice. Do you embrace COMPASSION and UNDERSTANDING and allow the girl to stay where she is at peace with herself and surroundings or do you embrace FEAR and INTOLERANCE and threaten numerous beings with SUFFERING in an attempt to bend her to your will?

anyone getting mind controled do not have a individual mind so doing their choose is only 1 sided.

so leaveing someone in a hive mind, is evil.

remove a person from it, is right choose, even if it's against their will.

anyone getting mind controled do not have a individual mind so doing their choose is only 1 sided.

so leaveing someone in a hive mind, is evil.

remove a person from it, is right choose, even if it's against their will.

If you read the lore and backstory, they are not being mind controlled. Exposure to the hive alters brain chemistry and they become part of the hive. For a joiner, they and the hive are the same. Removing them from the hive would be like cutting off your own hand (from their perspective).

Edited by Ki_Draken_Magus

this moral choice system is just a little bit nuts, im wondering what the most out of whack things you have seen are. for examples the two things that happened tonight to make me make this thread.

1. deciding to administer a lethal amount of poison and commit whole sale slaughter on a slave revolt got me 50 light side points.

Given the other option (killing them slowly and painfully), and the scenario (that they were going to die either way), it showed mercy, typically a light-side trait.

Edited by Pink_Saber

I wish it was more dark/light than good/evil. some bits where this was right were in the Jedi Knight start zone quests, choosing to report the lovers, choosing not to let that twi'lek fall in love with you. Those were good, I can't really think of many examples though where the darkside choice for sith was choosing to keep someone alive because you wanted them around for example.

Light: "Practicality over emotion, contributing to the balance of the force."

Dark: "Choosing emotion over practicality, promoting the dark-side, seeking more power."

That's how I'd have it, let's Jedi kill as many people as they want as long as it truly is the best thing to do. Punishes sith for killing people when they would rather keep them alive.

I got darkside for preventing the sith/empire from getting corrupting the senate or something.

they really needed a 4 point system

moral/millary/money/sadistic

my trooper to stay lightside, has to do thing against the republic army best interest which annoys me no end.

Given the other option (killing them slowly and painfully), and the scenario (that they were going to die either way), it showed mercy, typically a light-side trait.

Agreed. As Death is part of the Force, as many Jedi has stated over and over not only in the movies, but books, games, etc.

Yeah the story was written by a bunch of 4th graders pretty much.

yeah....all this talk of bringing story to MMO....all of the stories I've played so far, all the subplots and little quests...seriously bad writing/story-telling, at least george lucas' bad writing had good story behind it, these all just are lame...and then add the dialogue 'options' system and, ugh...horrid

Light vs. dark is not a question of morality.

Light = No emotions involved for you.

Dark = Emotions involved for you.

I have absolutely no idea how Jedi do not become extinct following their code of no emotional involvement into anything. This includes avoiding love, hate and, you know, when bees and flowers ...