Why bioware will not nerf Sorcs

Bejita

Sorcs arent OP at all, its a myth created by bad players.

what is op about an ability that crits for 3k and takes 2 seconds to cast? on players that have 16k health. Sorcs burst damage is non-existant. Those 5k chain lightning crits were with a bunch of stacked buffs.

Just a bunch of baddies that get kited by sorcs and QQ.

I heard utility (and having too much of it) matters.

Im currently sitting at 606 valor 1600+ willpower,and there is no way as sorc that u can kill a competent healer, not enough burst or anything, interrupt/silence are a joke in this game, u can won vs a healer.

Well geared competent marauder are a nightmare too, theyre burst damage it's like being hit by a truck.

Tanks, o man the tanks, i just laughed for weeks, at juggernaut/guardian, than with the gear comes the problems, ill find pretty stupid that a 20k juggernaut that take like 380 damage per thick of force lighting smash me for 3400 crit.

Plus sorc specs are pretty boring, u pretty much need wrath that's 16 point in a tree, to do any decent dps.

I like the mobilty of the class, and the cc that's all, damage is kinda meh to be honest.

Edited by Paralassa
content

Sorcs arent OP at all, its a myth created by bad players.

what is op about an ability that crits for 3k and takes 2 seconds to cast? on players that have 16k health. Sorcs burst damage is non-existant. Those 5k chain lightning crits were with a bunch of stacked buffs.

Just a bunch of baddies that get kited by sorcs and QQ.

Nonsense. They withstand melee assaults too well. too much tank. Thats in addition to the damage output of Sorc/sage. i can hardly believe the nerf wasn't included in 1.1.

Nonsense. They withstand melee assaults too well. too much tank. Thats in addition to the damage output of Sorc/sage. i can hardly believe the nerf wasn't included in 1.1.

Have you played against a sorc while you both are wearing BM gear? if you haven't go do it and prove urself wrong. Stop assuming everything.

Have you played against a sorc while you both are wearing BM gear? if you haven't go do it and prove urself wrong. Stop assuming everything.

Actually my observations come from the sub 50's bracket, before the mess off what is expertise skews all the data through inequality. Ops/Scoundrel got chopped, so its definitely Sorc/Sages turn.

They will not nerf Sorcerers because the class is not overpowered.

Sorcerers should be the most powerful class in the game, as 'mage' classes usually are, however they are not currently the most powerful. Scoundrels/Operatives and Bounty Hunters/Commandos out damage sorcerers and can take more of a beating.

Every class has their strengths and weaknesses. Apart from Operative/Scoundrel who of course have no weaknesses :p lol

sorcerers should be the most powerful class in the game

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Edited by steinsgate

To many people who play a star wars game have the mindset that the only heroes in the game are the jedi/sith and everyone else is just suppose to be fodder, unfortunetly this is pretty much 80% of the population which plays the sith/jedi archtypes, bioware is not going to piss off that many of its playerbase

Another reason is its the mage class, ive never played a game where the pure mage was never OP, sometimes nerfed down to be on par with the other classes but always still one step ahead, devs never nerf mages cause they are percieved by the population as taking the most skill cause hiting CC's and running away is skilled amirite, this is also the mindset of most of the population

Sorry but i dont see bioware ever truely nerfing this class, to many of swtor pop has invested time into this class, now that OP's are nerfed its time for us all to simply reroll the sith inquisitors untill Guild wars 2 comes out, you hear it here first

well as your a bounty huntard you have no talk in the matter as bounty hunters are pretty OP themselves, sorce's/sages are actualy bounty huters weakness as they are the only ones that can actualy do decent enough damage to them other than the OP scoundrel/operatives but those are getting fixed :)

the only problem they have are the bubble spam. the bubble ability should be a 31 point in to pure healing only

I could go through this thread and tell you who played a Sorc and who didn't based on the post.

I bet I'd be right 90% of the time.

It's a great move by Bioware. Not only did they leave Sorcs alone, but they nerfed their biggest bane, Burst Ops.

Bravo Bioware. Way to keep 45% of your playerbase happy (that 45% being the Sorc players).

i kill most sorcs i come across but i know what class is the strongest in this game

OP- I kill most sorcs I come across, they're OP.

lolwut? Are you serious? Nerf them because you usually beat them?

I admit, it's a new tactic- rather than saying 'Sorcs always beat me in pvp nerf plz!' you say 'I beat sorcs, they OP, nerf'.

Why, so you can beat them even more?

You're funny guy OP.

I'm not sure how powerful they are but they do take me down very quickly when they spam their Lighting Stun + Regular Lightning.

I can burst pretty nicely myself but it requires quite a bit of setup and can't be pulled out of thin-air. It's also on a relevant cooldown. Lightning doesn't seem that way.