overwhelmingly more sith then republic.....

FalmeseReb

think this out logically. The "bad" is what people pick because they are unable to do so in reality and this is of their own subconscious exploring these types of behaviors that they "bad" sides have to offer. You can thinking of against being "good" as to you are in society, at times, a good person overall. So wanting to do things that you have explored already would seem to one person as boring or just plain to oneself.

Also who wouldn't want to look like a bad *** with the evil persona :D

Edited by DemonKingJ

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I think its time to move on from the i wanna be evil thing. You can be just as evil as republic as you can be on sith. On my server (judging from the transferred guilds) there is almost 3 times as many sith pvp players as there are republic ones. The top 15 guilds (numbers wise) are all Sith.

I would go Republic, but the story and worlds are too damn bright...sooo...yea

I'm planning on playing both sides myself, but I admit that the Sith side seems a little more appealing to me. Mainly because I think they have a better over all vibe for the armor. Although saying that, I still think Trooper is the toughest in the galaxy.

Plus the Sith are English and who wouldn't want to be English? :cool:

I say, cheerio ol' boy! Tell the Guvna to come by later for tea and crumpets and we'll splice the main brace. God save the Queen, wot?

Guys I think its time to move on from the i wanna be evil thing. You can be just as evil as republic as you can be on sith. On my server (judging from the transferred guilds) there is almost 3 times as many sith pvp players as there are republic ones. The top 15 guilds (numbers wise) are all Sith.

I would like to point out, that you can be a Dark Side Republic, right down evil, or a LIght Side Sith. I dont see too many Sith players going Light side, but in beta I saw many Republic players going dark side.

I believe those players that say "great inst WZ queue" are clearly from PvE server.

However if you are in a PvP server you already know that the best PvP gear comes from open world PvP commendation.

I agree that be the underdog is very good because you can find more ppl to kill, makes you a better PvPer etc, but it lay on a very narrow line.

A ratio of 1:1.3 or 1:1.5 is fine and can still be fun for both parts, but any ratio bigger than this means that every time you try to enjoy some open world PvP (with or without guildies) you are going to be face rolled, until you stop trying. Then you will play only WZ but guess what, the overwhelming faction has a gear much better than yours, and will face roll you again, guess what you are going to do: stop trying.

IMHO is a terrible decision from BW to allow freely faction numbers. Servers should be balanced for the long run.

What BW is doing now is using the “Jedi Knight” avatar in all their marketing material hopping it will increase the Republic numbers /fail

Its human nature to be evil, its our most basic survival instinct and we love it!

I mean we all try to be good, but whoever tried to be bad?! No one there it no try....

Plus the Sith are English and who wouldn't want to be English? :cool:

To me, the thrill of exercising free will over such basic primal instincts is what makes being good emotionally intoxicating.

Edited by Shlamorel

i blame the sith inquisitor. beta players i talked to said this class seemed like one of the strongest. i dont know whether its OP or not but that was the perception and perception becomes reality.

the consular and inquisitor classes are very similar. Most of the differences are name trades. I think people would rather play dark since it's not our everyday out look.

The problem may end up being Ilum. Not sure how access is controlled, but if it is just anyone that cares to can jump in and fight... The imbalance will hurt. But yes warzone access is much nicer for the smaller faction.

What did you expected ?

Sith shoot lightning out of their hands. Jedi throw pebbles.

When I started playing the beta I had not yet made up my mind wether I'd play one side or another.

I tryed out the most classes and tryed diffrent races, up to level 10-11.

The Sith Assassin was the class I liked the most. The storyline was awesome and there ship look is so damn cool. The abilitys they use and the options for the character creation made my chose.

Now, Im on a PvP server cause I've always been playing on thouse. I whould really like an open world PvP. (I miss Lineage 1, but that kind of PvP is rare today)

I hope there will be balance on the servers ofc. That whould be the most fun.

Both sides have great storylines so I hope it'll turn out fine.

I believe those players that say "great inst WZ queue" are clearly from PvE server.

However if you are in a PvP server you already know that the best PvP gear comes from open world PvP commendation.

I agree that be the underdog is very good because you can find more ppl to kill, makes you a better PvPer etc, but it lay on a very narrow line.

A ratio of 1:1.3 or 1:1.5 is fine and can still be fun for both parts, but any ratio bigger than this means that every time you try to enjoy some open world PvP (with or without guildies) you are going to be face rolled, until you stop trying. Then you will play only WZ but guess what, the overwhelming faction has a gear much better than yours, and will face roll you again, guess what you are going to do: stop trying.

IMHO is a terrible decision from BW to allow freely faction numbers. Servers should be balanced for the long run.

What BW is doing now is using the “Jedi Knight” avatar in all their marketing material hopping it will increase the Republic numbers /fail

Actually all the best pvp gear comes from an even balance of open world and warzone pvp. You do not however have to take part in both as commendations can be converted from open world merc comms to warzone comms or vs. Both Comms are however needed for the best stuff and the daily/weekly quests for both warzones and open world ilum pvp give the same awards.

I don't find the republic very interesting.

It's not about trying to be bad, or evil with the whole woo hoo look at me I'm a bad *** kind of deal. A lot of people I know think the empires story line > Republic

Even my girl, which has always been the good type, decided to be GOOD while playing a Sith inquis.

I'm sure the republics got some good stuff, but It just isn't for my friends and I.

:csw_redsaber:

because lightning is cool...!

THIS is what I've heard a lot.

There is an unbalanced high number of sith inquisitors to go along with the stats. "Lightning fingers are so coooool."

Siths die horribly to being tossed down holes :D

We have several evil Jedi on roster. Smugglers aren't saints either.

BOB always enjoys a challenge and a few phantom datacoredevs in the robe pockets ;)