Patch 1.1.1 changes to Operatives

Traumahawk

Concealment Operatives were pretty much only burst dps. Now what are they? They really have no role anymore.

Its evident from the last update to these balance changes the devs really have no idea what to do with this game. Sorry devs, I've backed your decisions since Oct '08 and didn't even make a peep about the last patch which is godawful. I will not be resubbing after this.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like every last Operative will be going to Heals, or rolling what everybody else rolls......... A Sorc.

Maybe take both points out of jarring strike and just debilitating them after your opener instead, use the 2 points for damage reduction / better healing in the medic tree.

Also another idea is to just QQ about how many assassins are out there 2 shotting us with maul + a giant rock and maybe they'll get nerfed too... 17k HP and i died out of the opener from the same assassin about 6 times in a warzone, and no he didn't have a single buff besides his own relic.

First of all, the lowest played classes are Gunslinger/Sniper, followed by Vanguard/Powertech.

There are also a PLETHORA of videos on youtube showing 50 Geared Ops taking out 50 Geared targets in the time it takes for them to get up from the knockdown.

Only when stacking buffs. Any class can do that, really. Guards/Juggs can do the same burst as Shoot First, only AoE.

Well damn. I can't say I'm canceling, but I WILL say that this has significantly decreased my desire to go ten more levels on my Op. I really, REALLY hate forum warriors that whined because they were getting beat by a BURST CLASS THAT DID BURST. Don't tell me 'metrics' had anything to do with it, QQers.

You know another "Burst class that did burst" in this game?

The Jedi Sentinel Combat spec.

Guess which class was doing a lot more burst?

That is right Operatives (and Smugglers) you guys weren't just "A" burst class, you were "THE" burst class.

As a Medic spec Operative...this really doesn't affect me. If anything, I'll live longer. One of the only things that could kill me 1v1 was a well-played Scoundrel. However...it's kind of sad that BioWare nerfed the (admittedly over the top) burst capabilities of this class, but failed to address the fact that we have the worst mobility/control of any melee class, bar none. We don't have Force Speed, Force Leap, or Force Pull/Grapple.

I don't deny that some changes were necessary...I'd just like to see a little more love in the Huttball department in the future.

As a Medic spec Operative...this really doesn't affect me. If anything, I'll live longer. One of the only things that could kill me 1v1 was a well-played Scoundrel.

I dont see myself going 1vs1 as a healer in pvp.

Edited by Findulidas

When no skill, cry at will.. I guess :/

It's not just a flat out CN roundhouse kick in the groin for PvPers but PvE'ers as well

this, the nerfs don't really bother me, it's just a bad prospective since there are much more Sorcs, Assassins etc. who are also the classes most played by kids, so crying will be dominated by them.

I see only two valid complaints in the thread:

1. A 1.5s knockdown/stun should NOT fill up the resolve bar. If that is to be the case, any good Op will simply not spec into Jarring.

2. Ops do indeed not have any potentially gamechanging utility for Huttball (push/pull/leap/sprint/etc). They do have stealth though, which is a great tactical advantage for the other two warzones.

These changes might also be a unwarranted nerf for PvE, but without combat logs it's all speculation at this point.

Good. To be honest OP's deserve more of a nurf. Every single person in my guild rolled a Op after getting ***** at 50 over and over by them. To be honest there dps needs to be reduced by 40-50%.

No class should be able to instantly kill a level 50 with 500 expertise before they can respond if they do not have there cc break. Any decent level 50 Op with stims can kill someone before the Knockdown and second stun breaks.

Good. To be honest OP's deserve more of a nurf. Every single person in my guild rolled a Op after getting ***** at 50 over and over by them. To be honest there dps needs to be reduced by 40-50%.

No class should be able to instantly kill a level 50 with 500 expertise before they can respond if they do not have there cc break. Any decent level 50 Op with stims can kill someone before the Knockdown and second stun breaks.

My guess is you should probably go back to playing pinball and let the people who know what they are talking about try to find a reasonable solution to balancing the class.

I've got to say, this is going to be terribly received.

While I agree that the front-loaded damage needed to be nerfed, this is a bit severe.

Not only that, but I only felt it could be nerfed with a few stipulations... such as, buffing the classes' survivability and/or giving it more sustained damage.

Operatives are so squishy, if we can't kill someone almost immediately, we will be burned down in several seconds by a good DPS class.

And forget about being able to kill healers. That dream is as dead as we'll be, as soon as we unload all of our damage and someone still has half of their health.

Sadly, all we're going to be able to do is re-stealth and run away... and this is just disappointing.

BioWare, do you only respond to people complaining about things in forum threads? How could you not have TESTED things like this before the game launched? The beta tests were long and extensive...

I guarantee, as soon as this happens, you'll start getting QQ threads about Sorcerers/Sages, Powertechs, Juggernauts and everything else that could put out just as much DPS as we could.

If you nerf our front-end damage, you NEED to buff our survivability and our sustained damage, or we will become a broken class.

I've got to say, this is going to be terribly received.

While I agree that the front-loaded damage needed to be nerfed, this is a bit severe.

Not only that, but I only felt it could be nerfed with a few stipulations... such as, buffing the classes' survivability and/or giving it more sustained damage.

Operatives are so squishy, if we can't kill someone almost immediately, we will be burned down in several seconds by a good DPS class.

And forget about being able to kill healers. That dream is as dead as we'll be, as soon as we unload all of our damage and someone still has half of their health.

Sadly, all we're going to be able to do is re-stealth and run away... and this is just disappointing.

BioWare, do you only respond to people complaining about things in forum threads? How could you not have TESTED things like this before the game launched? The beta tests were long and extensive...

I guarantee, as soon as this happens, you'll start getting QQ threads about Sorcerers/Sages, Powertechs, Juggernauts and everything else that could put out just as much DPS as we could.

If you nerf our front-end damage, you NEED to buff our survivability and our sustained damage, or we will become a broken class.

lolz if you dont kill them in seconds u get owned? welcome to the world of my deception assassin

According to the test server patch notes:

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

One week of data has shown this? Any data before level 50, pvp war zones is compromised.

This is a bad development for several reasons. It starts a cycle of nerds and buffsbthat will necessarily result in imbalance and fotm classes. IA op did not need a nerf as much as many other classes.

I've had both sorcs and juggs kill me within a resolve bar before, so your entire argument is flawed.

Guess we're all going to switch to "spam dots on everyone to pad meters" spec, since our class, which was nearly useless at huttball, is even moreso now.

Yay! the class gets to be on the bottom of the play list. As an operative I actually agree with the drefraying burst damage a little bit. It's part of the reason why I don't play concealment too often. The scaling might be a tad bit drastic though, if you paid attention to the rest of their mechanics. (The class can still kill inside of the 1.5 seconds, fyi.)

The problem with any class that has the ability to min/max a particular trait is that people will min/max said particular trait and then claim that anything less is a broken class.

Edited by Taliknor