Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SWTOR endgame is an absolute disaster

I still chuckle when people use WoW and "hardcore" in the same sentence.

*w*

In any case, the OP has legitimate concerns about this game, but he's basically complaining about problems that every single MMO has at launch.

The most important issue this game needs addressed is the skill stuttering, and getting a first set of fixes in a couple of days.

content will be added and polished as time goes on.

Though I'm a competitive pvper, enjoy raiding, and normally have the mentality that "The real game starts at lvl 50", this is NOT the case with swtor.

Leveling from 1-49 is one of the most entertaining and fun experiences I've had in an MMO. (And I've played every major one since the days of LOK/UO/EQ and onward, and some that haven't even released in the US)

But for someone to come into an MMO and expect an amazing array end game content, perfectly polished, a mere 30 days after launch, only shows the person truly has very little experience in MMOs.

LoL.. Perma crouch for loot bug is STILL in that game?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not renewing this game because of end game.

Got to 50, did a daily and cant even open the reward box because of my valor level being too low ! :( so ok, queue up for some PVP to help raise my valor, yay 50 minutes later a game finally starts.. lasts for a few minutes then finishes early because of not enough people. 15 valor.. and I pay for this ?

Might try back in a few months or when they offer char transfers.

Wow wiki is completely wrong but you don't know that because you didn't actually play the game back then. I KNEW you were getting your information from wow wiki as I ran into that error long ago. Unfortunately no one there is interested in fixing it.

Onyxia and MC went live a month or so after the game was released. On a whole the encounters weren't very difficult so the content was cleared very quickly. Onyxia herself was down within a month of the release of the content patch.

You are making **** up up now, there were only 2 patchs after the release of WoW before the Onyxia World first on Jan 30, 2005

1.1.2 and 1.2.0

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Patchnotes.List&category_select_id=3

Neither of these say that Molten Core or Onyxia's Lair was implemented in either of those patches.

In fact in 1.2.0 there is a note saying , If you die in Molten Core, you will now be able to retrieve your corpse at the Blackrock Depths instance line, which means that people were already in Molten Core less than a month after WoW's release.

Stop making stuff up to make yourself sound smart.

Edited by Valnarr

You are making **** up up now, there were only 2 patchs after the release of WoW before the Onyxia World first on Jan 30, 2005

1.1.2 and 1.2.0

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Patchnotes.List&category_select_id=3

Neither of these say that Molten Core or Onyxia's Lair was implemented in either of those patches.

In fact in 1.2.0 there is a note saying , If you die in Molten Core, you will now be able to retrieve your corpse at the Blackrock Depths instance line, which means that people were already in Molten Core less than a month after WoW's release.

Stop making stuff up to make yourself sound smart.

Nothing between my post and this guy that anyone said about warcraft is true.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Onyxia%27s_Lair_(original)

http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?340133-The-Adventures-of-Neriad-The-Great-Onyxia-Race&

"In the waning days of the closed beta, Blizzard desperately wanted players to test out the recently added Onyxia raid encounter before the game was finalized for retail. "

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/05/10/wow-archivist-world-of-warcraft-patch-1-1/#continued

New Raid Encounters

Rumors of Onyxia, an enormous black dragon, have been heard through out Azeroth. Be sure to bring many brave warriors for she won't take kindly to intruders in her lair. Both factions will need to complete unique, and challenging quests to gain access to the Onyxia encounter. **During the beta testing there will be a temporary placeholder vendor who sells keys to Onyxia's lair for testing purposes.

Discovered in the heart of Blackrock Mountain beyond the Depths, lies the Molten Core. Within the Molten Core lives a multitude of ancient and powerful evil. Adventurers be ware, for the dangers found within the Molten Core are many and takes many forms.

Patch 1.1 was released before the game went live. it was the final client beta testers saw before the end of beta. The CD's were published with Beta patch 0.12 of the game client and you were required to download a patch before you could start playing wow on nov 23rd, 12:01

Level cap was at 60 before release,

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_0.10

Release date (US) 18 September 2004

Warcraft never had a 3 month free time. maybe if you bought the collectors edition, which gave you 60 day gamecard, but 99% of the world bought the $49 edition, which did not include a single day for free.

The Perma crouch bug was fixed when they fixed the sync disconnect but, which existed for a few days. Loot lag doesnt exist anymore either, unless you are playing on a dialup.

BTW, the posion from ZG was amazing. I personally killed a good 3/4ths of org one day with it.

Please, show me more of your "Facts" about wow so i can disprove them.

I'm sure that people will still say stuff like, lolo WoW had no endgame for the first 4 months when they released scholomance and MC, even after they read an explanation of what really happened.

Because making **** up is easier and provides more convenient "evidence" than the truth.

Edited by Valnarr

Nothing between my post and this guy that anyone said about warcraft is true.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Onyxia%27s_Lair_(original)

http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?340133-The-Adventures-of-Neriad-The-Great-Onyxia-Race&

"In the waning days of the closed beta, Blizzard desperately wanted players to test out the recently added Onyxia raid encounter before the game was finalized for retail. "

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/05/10/wow-archivist-world-of-warcraft-patch-1-1/#continued

Patch 1.1 was released before the game went live. it was the final client beta testers saw before the end of beta. The CD's were published with Beta patch 0.12 of the game client and you were required to download a patch before you could start playing wow on nov 23rd, 12:01

Level cap was at 60 before release,

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_0.10

Release date (US) 18 September 2004

Warcraft never had a 3 month free time. maybe if you bought the collectors edition, which gave you 60 day gamecard, but 99% of the world bought the $49 edition, which did not include a single day for free.

The Perma crouch bug was fixed when they fixed the sync disconnect but, which existed for a few days. Loot lag doesnt exist anymore either, unless you are playing on a dialup.

BTW, the posion from ZG was amazing. I personally killed a good 3/4ths of org one day with it.

Please, show me more of your "Facts" about wow so i can disprove them.

Some of your links don't even work. Your post from the forum about killing Onyxia is from 4/13/2005.

If you follow the logic of your claim that Onyxia was downed before beta was over then why is it that the world's first kill on Onyxia wasn't until the 30th of january when Ruined killed her? Maybe because she wasn't in the live game until after release (November 2004)?

If Onyxia was out the patch wouldn't of said "rumors of" and would of just straight announced it. Read the patch notes better and you'll see why you didn't really post what you think you did.

Some of your links don't even work. Your post from the forum about killing Onyxia is from 4/13/2005.

If you follow the logic of your claim that Onyxia was downed before beta was over then why is it that the world's first kill on Onyxia wasn't until the 30th of january when Ruined killed her? Maybe because she wasn't in the live game until after release (November 2004)?

If Onyxia was out the patch wouldn't of said "rumors of" and would of just straight announced it. Read the patch notes better and you'll see why you didn't really post what you think you did.

Oh my god, how can people be this dense.

The whole "rumors of" was flavor text added into the patch.

Onyxia's Lair and Molten core were both implemented during the beta of WoW in patch 1.1.0 over 2 weeks before the release. the patch notes say it right there under NEW RAID ENCOUNTERS.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.1.0

Edited by Valnarr

I guess I've just been lucky but my guild has cleared everything now for two weeks and haven't had any serious issues.

Sure there have been some bugs but all in all, the content is fun and engaging, if a bit easy.

Not saying it's perfect but that has been my experience as well as the members of my guild.

Oh my god, how can people be this dense.

The whole "rumors of" was flavor text added into the patch.

Onyxia's Lair and Molten core were both implemented during the beta of WoW in patch 1.1.0 over 2 weeks before the release. the patch notes say it right there under NEW RAID ENCOUNTERS.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.1.0

So you're claiming content that was downed pre-live release somehow took an extra two months for no apparent reason to down again?

So you're claiming content that was downed pre-live release somehow took an extra two months for no apparent reason to down again?

Yes, because even if you were rushing it took around 1.5-2 months to get over 40 people from 1-60 and in raid ready gear when WoW came out.

Nobody got to keep their characters from the beta, they were all wiped on release.

Edited by Valnarr

Yes, because even if you were rushing it took around 1.5-2 months to get over 40 people from 1-60 and in raid ready gear when WoW came out.

Nobody got to keep their characters from the beta, they were all wiped on release.

Yes I was playing then and getting to max level and good enough gear to do onyxia took the hardcore players well under a month (usually 2-3 weeks max). THe only "hard' part about ONyxia was learning the phases and that information was already available. The people who downed it in beta didn't suddenly stop playing...

Back then 40 mans required only about 25-30 real players and usually 10 or so "carries" such as the original "huntards"...

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Idk about end game content

but the game DOES defintely need 2 things for pvp:

a combat log and a system for kills (wow has the honor kills)

obviouslly a lvl 50 would not get credit for killing a lvl 35, but killing a republic b**ch should give you some kind of credit to buy armor with

i guess we ALL should be angry at every MMO released then on your logic.

He probably is. :)

And combat log... no we don't need it. Combat logs turn MMOs into spreadsheets. Let the players figure out things like in the old days. I understand some people get a kick out of seeing bigger numbers than the rest of the losers scroll by... but it has no real function in increasing your fun.

Edited by BubblegumYeti

Yes I was playing then and getting to max level and good enough gear to do onyxia took the hardcore players well under a month (usually 2-3 weeks max).

Lvl60 and geared in vanilla WoW in 2-3 weeks for most of the hardcore players? I want the stuff that you are smoking.

World first lvl 60 was in ten days of nonstop play during all the hours the servers were up. It took a good player at least 10 days /played to hit 60, competent players did it in 13 days /played. After that you had to get gear and those dungeons back in the day took the whole evening to run.

Oh, and the level cap was 60. Whoever claims he was in WoW beta and was hardcore about the game and then goes to claim that cap was 50, is a joke.

Edited by ScartStorm

First and foremost let me assure you that when I say that SWTOR's endgame is a huge mess I am saying this from experience as myself and my guild are one of the most progressed around. We are 4/5 nightmare mode in EV already and most of us have been level 50 since late december.

2. <blah> The only thing you could do was to reset the instance and re-clear 20-30 min of trash.

3. The brand new raid Kraggas palace which just released a few days ago is hilariously bad. First off the very first boss, Bonethrasher cannot be tanked and has a very fast enrage timer which means tanks on the fight are useless. This means most guilds trying to get him in HM/NM mode HAVE to sit out tanks (and often melee DPS due to punishing mechanics) if they wanna kill him. Wats funny is the very next boss fight has two bosses which requires TWO TANKS on HM/NM mode. Better hope your guild has extra people who like sitting outside the zone and wont get to fight certain bosses! Also whoever itemized Kraggas palace has no understanding of the game or is downright lazy as all the bosses in Kraggas commonly drop loot which cannot be used by the classes it goes to (this may just be a normal mode issue though). My Bounty Hunter for example, recieved light armor pants with willpower on them ***! Does Bioware even test this stuff?

One of the most progressed guilds around and you didnt clear soa or kp? lol

Lol at this, ok theres some issues with loot/masterlooter and bugs on bosses yes there always will be in MMO's

However..

A lot of what you say is total crap, you dont need to rotate tanks out for bonethrasher on normal, hard or nightmare 8 or 16man.

Your dps must be slack, proven by the point that if it takes you 30mins to clear garrj trash thats a big lol right there, heres a tip: pull all the trash at once, its junk.

Lvl60 and geared in vanilla WoW in 2-3 weeks for most of the hardcore players? I want the stuff that you are smoking.

World first lvl 60 was in ten days of nonstop play during all the hours the servers were up. It took a good player at least 10 days /played to hit 60, competent players did it in 13 days /played. After that you had to get gear and those dungeons back in the day took the whole evening to run.

Oh, and the level cap was 60. Whoever claims he was in WoW beta and was hardcore about the game and then goes to claim that cap was 50, is a joke.

It actually took 13 days for hardcore players, with competent players after. I was top 25 in the world to reach level 60 (Blackhand server, 1st Alliance, Rend was 1st Horde), and it took me 13 days. About 8 Afterlife members were also in the top 25, Thott being the most well-known name.

Just some history, that no one really cares about.

Whenever you write a rant post, it's a good rule of thumb to disregard the first page, as those posts are generally, the fanboys looking for an opportunity to make love to the offender's face. In this case, Bioware. You may as well skip to page 4-5 when all the other folks show up to do something, other than troll.

To be fair, every WoW raid has needed hotfixing. The difference is, Blizzard gets to work on it within days, they don't hide in their offices, ignoring the forums, and lumping major fixes into sparsely distributed patches long after everyone has stopped bothering.

Bioware pegs me as the kind of arrogant people who, after having done beta testing, generally disregard the urgency of any reports, and work on whatever seems the easiest fix, and whatever problems benefit the players. I mean it's downright insulting that emotes on speeders was even considered as a fix, let alone an early one, as no one on Earth could possibly care. It's like a middle finger to the player.

They sure are quick to fix issues that give players an advantage but the bosses to their only real end game material can go virtually unplayable for months. It's sickening really.

I love this game, but sometimes it boggles the mind how Bioware chooses to operate.

People who have consumed all of the game's content so quickly are an extremely minority. BioWare knew there would be a minority. Their focus was on getting the 1-50 game completed. They can focus on 'endgame' content with patch updates.

just like AoC did right! and warhammer.. and er.. Rift! and.. and..

do you see where im going with this?

The vast majority of this games players are not at level cap yet, and content is about what a WoW expansion launches with. WoW didn't even launch with max level gear up instances or organized PvP of any kind.

idk how thats even possible? there are HUGE casuals that are already L50, anyone that hasnt hit 50 yet i doubt will ever even be interested in endgame, or if they are wont have the time to commit or wont have anyone willing to play with them, operations take more than 1 hour per day - especially in their current bugged state, you can spend literally hours stuck on the same bugs etc

i just want to bump this post and say the endgame loot system in this game is beyond retarded. Who ever thought of the auto loot distribution needs to be fired. Worst endgame Idea ever. had one person tonight get 4 pairs of bracers and someone else got 3 sets of pants.... so ya fix this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.