There Is Only One Buff Sentinel/Marauder Needs In PVP

sabresandiego

Pacify/Obfuscate: This ability now effects melee, ranged, tech, and force and no longer respects the global cooldown.

Aside from this, fix combat responsiveness and fluidity so that abilities actually work when you try to use them.

I like the last one: "Make it so our abilities actually work."

I can sign up for that. ;)

The immunity after leap is a very good idea. A pacify buff, less so. Pacify being on a 45 second cooldown could potential overpower us as a class if it were too affect force and tech attacks. You would essentially be getitng 6 seconds of damage immunity (a slightly extended guarded by the force) minus the health cost and on a 45 second cooldown.

Our problems right now are not our abillity to deal or handle damage. With guarded by the force and force camo we have great escapability and solid survivabiltiy with saber ward and rebuke.

The main problem with our class is kiteability. Currently the only classes I ever lose to in 1v1 are sorcs and powertechs. Powertechs have great burst, but more importantly they have a virtually constant snare that makes staying in range really difficult. Leg slash is critical in this situation, but even if you get it off its still a challenge.

Sorcs just have stupid amounts of cc right now to the point that we can't even get attacks in off of leap because they just re cc and if they're in the right spec resolve is quite literally useless because their ccs aren't even on long cds, they can burn one on the resolve and still keep you constantly cced,

So in short I agree with the 2 to 3 second cc immunity after leap.

When searing sabers works and ability delay is fixed this class will be a powerhouse, one of the top 3 classes in the game at least, so balance beyond that should be done very carefully and in small steps. We may have weaknesses against classes that can kite us, but against everyone else we absolutely dominate, so to some extent we may actually need a slight nerf because our dps will be significantly higher after we aren't bugged, and it is already quite high.

Not a bad idea, I'd support that.

i'd support it if it were a talent in a non-watchman tree

I haven't had the same experience in PvP, I can never be kited as long as I open with a leg slash to slow them down, then any time they get out of range I can either leap, force stasis, or force camo, as long as you keep them slowed with leg slash it's pretty easy to stay in range.

Edited by SunwindIon

Immunity to CC/Pushbacks after a leap is a bad idea, im sorry. The ability already snares and cancels certain actions if they are performing them. This suggestion would make the ability heavily over powered.

If your Focus spec'd Crushing Leap can still be used on a target above you if pushed down a level in Huttball.

As of right now im a level 50 Focus Sentinel in full Champion gear. The spec along with class at this level is perfect.

Immunity to CC/Pushbacks after a leap is a bad idea, im sorry. The ability already snares and cancels certain actions if they are performing them. This suggestion would make the ability heavily over powered.

If your Focus spec'd Crushing Leap can still be used on a target above you if pushed down a level in Huttball.

As of right now im a level 50 Focus Sentinel in full Champion gear. The spec along with class at this level is perfect.

It would be overpowered for Focus and Watchman, but I could get behind it being 21 or 26 points into Combat, say where the root on Master Strike is now. Or possibly Make Fleet-Footed passive and put it there.

As for Pacify, the better, though infinitely more intensive solution would be to change a lot of the Force/Tech Attacks into ranged/melee. Like Grav Round/Tracer missile and Force Lightning/Pebbles Away to Ranged and Shotgun/Knife attacks being mostly moved to melee, allowing shield chance and defense rating to possibly avoid them.

It would be overpowered for Focus and Watchman, but I could get behind it being 21 or 26 points into Combat, say where the root on Master Strike is now. Or possibly Make Fleet-Footed passive and put it there.

Your suggesting an ability that has no counter. How is that not the definition of over powered?

Your suggesting an ability that has no counter. How is that not the definition of over powered?

Taunts, Guard, Pacify, ect. It's 3 seconds. 2 Globals assuming it starts at the end of leap rather than the start. It's not that overpowered when you consider the survivability of Combat is far outpaced by Focus and Watchman. Vanguards already have BOTH a charge and a CC immunity, putting a forced combo into our weakest tree is unlikely to overpower it.

Uhh, Guardian get such talent in the Vigilance tree. Its the 3rd tier 2 point talent "Unremitting"

Force leap has 100% chance to grant unremitting, reducing all damage taking by 20% and granting immunity for interrupts and all controlling effects for 4 sec

So its not OP for guardians but it is for sentinels?

Whats the purpose of using leap when your are simply put back to where you have essentially started?

Pacify/Obfuscate: This ability now effects melee, ranged, tech, and force and no longer respects the global cooldown.

Aside from this, fix combat responsiveness and fluidity so that abilities actually work when you try to use them.

There's only ONE buff they need. Everything.

:p