The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

snip

But not everyone is in the "I hate TOR" or "I love TOR SO MUCH" category. In fact I would wager MOST of us are somewhere in-between, and take longer to make that final decision.

I gave them another 30 days. My enthusiasm has waned but a lot can change in a month. Or at least, that's my hope.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Customers have every right to complain.

/thread.

Yes they can complain I just find it peculiar that you spend twelve to sixteen hours a day making negative comments and Trolling positive threads....I don't understand why someone would do that unless they were being paid or had some weird agenda.

Yes they can complain I just find it peculiar that you spend twelve to sixteen hours a day making negative comments and Trolling positive threads....I don't understand why someone would do that unless they were being paid or had some weird agenda.

People want the game of their choice to be the widely accepted game by all. WoW was a killer because everyone could talk about it, simply because most people were playing it.

If this game succeeds and it's the game they do not like, or they are waiting for another game to succeed instead(guild wars, tera, hello kitty,) then they will be stuck in a game that won't get as much success, or they will be forced to join the majority of players back on SWTOR.

This is just my opinion.

Your avatar is creepy :(

lol Papazooki the saddest part is you don't even realize that your signature just makes you look like two things: 1.) a very, very poor troll, and 2.) a butthurt gaming nerd with no real life away from your keyboard.

For all the above complaining about a lack of content one month after release.....all I have to say is that if you have experienced everything this game has to offer as of right now, then I think the only thing that is lacking in content is your life.

Edited by bangalores

They said the same thing about WAR.

They said the same thing about every game in existence. It is very easy to throw out doom days rants when no one holds you accountable when you are wrong. Doesn't make you any better than the crazy hobos with the cardboard signs. It is laughable that people think their tiny little opinions are any indicator of a game's success. You are one person and no amount of confirmation bias and/or ego will make your opinion a fact or accurate prediction.

Yesterday, around this time, there were 174 people on the Imperial Fleet at 6:00 EST.

Today, around this time, there's 204 people on the Imperial Fleet at 6:00 EST.

What does this tell us?

Absolutely nothing.

Just like this thread.

There aren't even on 50 people in my fleet.

I will agree the game misses the mark in terms of MMORPG innovation and is mediocre at best...

HOWEVER

The fact that it's Star Wars IP and the novelty of a sci-fi MMO will continue to attract consumers. Those of us here with a chip on our shoulder from all the MMO "expertise" we've garnered over the years really have no clue what that consumer base looks like or how huge it is. There are people within my network of friends/acquaintances who would never think about touching WoW that play this game purely because of hype/word of mouth.

I don't see this game dying.

Dying to me means the game will shut down its servers , and nobody will be able to play it ever again. This just isn't possible right now , sure the game will probably decline in player subs, but it won't shut down its servers, there will still be many customers who play and enjoy it for what it is.

In one or two years its possible , depending on how this game does , and how bioware does in terms of patches / updates related to the bugs , and general game features.

WoW has much more end game content than any other MMO on the market:

Tons of dailies (more so than any MMO)

Battlegrounds (more so than any MMO)

Rated Battle grounds

Arena

World pvp (tol borad, etc)

Raiding

Heroics

Achievements.

Why does the rest of the MMO players want us to feel bad about playing WOW? It's still a great game.*shrugs*

It does cater. It caters to people who like UI customization. It caters to people that wanna PVP level. It caters to People that don't care about a story and let's them Dungeon Level. It caters to Hardcore PVErs and PVPers.

There's something to be said for giving the people that subscribe to your game what they want. It's called creating options. Let the Hardcores be Hardcore and let the Casuals be casual. Heck I knew people that logged in just for the god awful and boring fishing.(I hear the Fishing Competitions are fun).

Everyone here seems to be scared of options. They instead try to have the game built into a update of "X" MMO so they can relive their glory days.