A plea to the masses - not qq

xTranceone

My name is Flaunt, and I play on Darth Malak - Last Rites Is looking for people to even the odds on our server, and in general, begging people to even the odds on every server.

In order for this game to truely thrive and make it past the initial first few months without them having to close servers or merge servers, we need people to step up to the plate and reroll Republic. The severe population imbalance on most servers is not something that will yield a fruitful game environment.

There are servers such as the one I come from - Darth Malak - Where the Imp to Repub ratio is seemingly, and not exagerated, around 7:1

I understand what this entails, leaving a high level imperial character and rerolling and starting over from scratch, but this game desperately needs balance in order to somewhat succeed. There are no gamebreaking racials, and no benefit to playing imperial other than the asthetics, which you can achieve the same asthetics if you go darkside on your repub character.

We need people to step up and make the switch, because as more and more people begin to play this game, people who are newer will always flock to the side who is more represented on a server due to easier questing, instancing, ops.

Please step up and make the switch, the game needs it.

Edited by xTranceone

This is a pretty interesting idea. If you get Republic players to voluntarily consolidate it could go a long way to fixing things.

Heck, I might even roll a Republic toon and join.

My main is an Empire character -- level 50 -- and I primarily play for warzones and pvp at this point (I know -- apparently I like pain.)

I've tried to roll Republic alts time and time again, but each time I fall asleep around level 10. I find the Republic storyline mind-numbingly boring. Not to mention that it's depressing to go into the Republic feet and see 50 people on a high population server when the Imperial fleet has 200+. It's a snowballing issue, and I'm not sure if I'm willing to dedicate a month of pure boredom and isolation to do it.

p.s. The Republic fleet is also visually depressing if you're used to the Empire fleet. It looks like a gloomy dumpster in comparison.

Only way this has a shot to happen is a free 1 time fraction change imperial to republic. Class/abilities/gear all transfer. Game just released people are just now clearing endgame with new bosses getting released. Few people are bored of level 50 and ready to reroll. Fail wish.

My main is an Empire character -- level 50 -- and I primarily play for warzones and pvp at this point (I know -- apparently I like pain.)

I've tried to roll Republic alts time and time again, but each time I fall asleep around level 10. I find the Republic storyline mind-numbingly boring. Not to mention that it's depressing to go into the Republic feet and see 50 people on a high population server when the Imperial fleet has 200+. It's a snowballing issue, and I'm not sure if I'm willing to dedicate a month of pure boredom and isolation to do it.

p.s. The Republic fleet is also visually depressing if you're used to the Empire fleet. It looks like a gloomy dumpster in comparison.

This will be a deathknell for the game.

My name is Flaunt, and I play on Darth Malak - Last Rites Is looking for people to even the odds on our server, and in general, begging people to even the odds on every server.

In order for this game to truely thrive and make it past the initial first few months without them having to close servers or merge servers, we need people to step up to the plate and reroll Republic. The severe population imbalance on most servers is not something that will yield a fruitful game environment.

There are servers such as the one I come from - Darth Malak - Where the Imp to Repub ratio is seemingly, and not exagerated, around 7:1

I understand what this entails, leaving a high level imperial character and rerolling and starting over from scratch, but this game desperately needs balance in order to somewhat succeed. There are no gamebreaking racials, and no benefit to playing imperial other than the asthetics, which you can achieve the same asthetics if you go darkside on your repub character.

We need people to step up and make the switch, because as more and more people begin to play this game, people who are newer will always flock to the side who is more represented on a server due to easier questing, instancing, ops.

Please step up and make the switch, the game needs it.

This game would be opportune to create a quest chain that would allow people to 'defect' from the Empire to the Republic or vise versa. It would need to a long and arduous quest chain so that people aren't switching every other day..

But it could start out with a quest called Traitor in which you embark on your life changing experience. Lots of potential here.

It's ironic because I thought all the kiddies would wanna be "ZOMG like luke skywalker" and be the "super duper good guys for JUSTICE!!!!!!" and all roll republic =/

In light of this assumption I rolled imperial for supposedly more mature and better community gameplay....now I roll republic.

DONT BE FOOLED

republic has tons of mature players and imo has TONS less kiddes...

Agree with this.. which is why I think we should lobby for wookie dancers. just kidding..

Edited by Tahana

This game would be opportune to create a quest chain that would allow people to 'defect' from the Empire to the Republic or vise versa. It would need to a long and arduous quest chain so that people aren't switching every other day..

But it could start out with a quest called Traitor in which you embark on your life changing experience. Lots of potential here.

This is a great idea. I've heard similar ones for "defecting" quests, but they usually involved rolling from scratch. I think this really could work provided it's a 1-time thing.

But you're missing one danger here, which is what's to stop republic players from defecting to the Empire for easier groups/pvp/bigger guilds? I'm sure there are frustrated republic pvp players who would love to switch to empire but don't feel like rerolling.

Supposedly, faction caps have worked well, meaning that players on high-pop empire servers would have to wait longer to play, with the Republic being wait-free. That way there's some tangible incentive besides "for the good of the game".

Edited by Stenrik

Only way this has a shot to happen is a free 1 time fraction change imperial to republic. Class/abilities/gear all transfer. Game just released people are just now clearing endgame with new bosses getting released. Few people are bored of level 50 and ready to reroll. Fail wish.

I like this idea.