What 1.2 patch notes SHOULD look like....

BrimeS

With the introduction of patch 1.2, we have made many optimization and balance changes to overall benefit the health of the game.

---Population Imbalances---

-To solve the population imbalance that was forseen, we have decided to merge servers.

We will be picking out 3 servers at a time and merging them. The merges will be of the same ruleset (PVP/PVE/RP-PVP/ETC). The population cap before a que is in place has been also raised.

-In addition, a new algorithm has been implemented that will auto-check faction population on servers every 12 hours. If the system detects an imbalance of greater than 10%. The lesser population receives a 30% buff to exp, and valor gains, for the next 12 hours until the pop is checked again. If the imbalance is greater than 50% the lesser faction gets a 10% max health bonus and a 5% bonus to damage and healing in addition to the above buff, again until the population is checked again.

-We have also decided to implement certain character customization options including faction changes, gender changes, and cosmetic changes (ones usually done at creation) for a small fee of $15.

---------------Class changes and fixes-------------

-All Empire faction abilities that were instantly registering damage to the target where the mirrored ability on the Republic faction was not have, had their animation slowed as well as damage register delay increased to match the republic version.

Imperial Agent Operative, and Smuggler Scoundrel.

-Lowered the armor penetration of Acid Blade/Flechette round to 25%, and the ability now respects the Global cooldown. We also increased the damage of the DoT element by 20%. Altered the talent description to match.

-lowered the critical strike rating granted by Underdog/Meticuously Kept blades to 5% and increasing by 5% each point. Altered the talent description to represent this.

Jedi Counselor Sage, and Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer.

-Increased the immunity element offrom receiving another Force Armor, or Static barrier by 20 seconds. We also added a cast time to the ability of 1.5 seconds. Changed the tooltip of the ability to display changed values

Sith Warrior Juggernaut, and Jedi Knight Guardian.

- Raised the health bonus percent on Endure Pain/Enure to 40% and increased duration to 20 seconds. Changed the tooltip to represent the alterations.

- Lowered the duration of the DoT effect of Shatter/Plasma Brand to 6 seconds, but did not change the total damage so the ability now deals more damage per tick in relation.

Sith Warrior Marauder, and Jedi Knight Sentinel.

-Lowered the total damagedone over time of Rupture/Cauterize by 20%. Tooltip changed to reflect alteration.

- Increased damage done by Ataru form's extra attack by 15%. Talent and tooltip changed to reflect alteration.

- Massacre/Blade rush now heals the Marauder/Sentinel for 2% (of maximum health) for every Ataru Form attack gained during the buff granted by this ability in addition to the 30% trigger chance increase. (6 second duration unchanged)

Imperial Agent Sniper, and Smuggler Gunslinger

- Critical chance increase on Between the Eyes/Slick Shooter has been increased to 4/8/12% respectively.

- Ambush/Aimed Shot, and Sniper/Charged burst now also reduce the duration of all damage absorbtion shield abilities currently in effect on the target by 2 seconds per hit. The tooltip of these abilities have been updated.

- Cover Pulse/Pulse Detonator now roots the target after the knockback for 2 seconds. Tooltips have been updated to corrently display this change.

- Increased the damage of Plasma probe/Incendiary Grenade by 15% and reduced duration by 3 seconds. Talent description and ability tooltip updated.

- Reduced duration of Interrogation Probe/Shock Charge to 12 seconds without changing damage, therefore increasing damage per tick.

Talent description and ability tooltip updated.

Sith Inquisitor Assassin. and Jedi Consulor Shadow.

- Increased the damage increase on Static Charge/Exit Strategy stacks to 8%, and reduced maximum amount of stacks to 3. Updated talent description.

- Reduced the internal cooldown of Surging Charge/Shadow Technique to 1.0 seconds, down from 1.5 seconds. Also increased the damage of the technique's attack by 5%.

Updated talent description and ability tooltip to represent change.

- Maul/Shadow Strike now has a 15% increased chance to crit when used from stealth. Ability tooltip has been updated.

- Reduced the force cost of Low Slash to 10, down from 30. Updated ability tooltip and talent description to match change.

- Overcharge Saber/Battle Readiness now reduce the force cost of all abilities by 15% and removes all internal cooldowns on techniques during it's duration. Ability tooltip has been updated.

Bounty Hunter Mercenary, Trooper Commando.

- Reduced the damage of Tracer Missile/Grav Round by 20% and reduced armor reduction debuff to 2% per stack. Updated tooltips to display changed values.

------------------------General Changes-----

-Performance tweaks to the engine to increase stability, and framrate when many players are on the screen at once.

-All PVP Warzone daily quests that required wins, where wins were not being counted, has been fixed.

- When a premade group ques for warzones they are placed in a que to be only pitted against other premade groups.

- Almost all abilities now have the option to be toggled(automated) via right click. Only one ability may be toggled at a time. Stance abilities are seperate from this addition and still follow their already in place ruleset. Casting or Activating an ability whilst another is toggled immediately deactivates the toggled ability until the animation for the ability is complete.

- PVP tier armor system reworked. Centurion gear can now be purchased for high amounts of Warzone and Mercenary commendations. Centurion PVP gear now requires a valor rank of 20. In addition, Champion bags will always drop champion commendations but still have the same unchanged chance to drop champion tokens and now require valor rank 40. Finally, Battlemaster bags will always drop at least 1 Battlemaster commendation, with a chance to drop up to 3. The commendation cost for Battlemaster gear has been increased across the board by 2 for every piece.

=====================

When you reply to this thread, make sure to rate it via the stars at the bottom.

1 star= Never want these changes

2 star= Only want some of these changes

3 star= Don't like the changes, but could adapt and except them.

4 star= Like the changes, but want extensive testing done

5 star= Love the changes, need them ASAP

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Marauder / Sentinel changes would break the class. Your population balance adjustments would ruin the game.

Whatever your day job is, don't quit it. And speaking of your day job, you should probably get back to work instead of trying to fix a videogame :rolleyes:

Edited by Naroga

The change to Sorc/Sage is idiotic, lol. That's their primary mode of defense and you've literally taken it and made it useless without compensating for it. Healing Sages/Sorcs would literally have no way to defend themselves outside of kiting due to all the CC abilities being placed in their DPS trees.

Honestly, the changes you jotted down are nice, on paper. If you played each class to 50 and had them geared, some of them would make no sense at all.

With the introduction of patch 1.2, we have made many optimization and balance changes to overall benefit the health of the game.

=====================

When you reply to this thread, make sure to rate it via the stars at the bottom.

1 star= Never want these changes

2 star= Only want some of these changes

3 star= Don't like the changes, but could adapt and except them.

4 star= Like the changes, but want extensive testing done

5 star= Love the changes, need them ASAP

1 Star it is.

How do server mergers fix faction imbalance? And who merges full servers? You just haven't thought the server merger thing through at all, I'm not sure why Bioware would risk pissing off all those people who will not be able to keep their name/legacy name because it already exists on a server.

I'm not opposed to pop caps for Ilum or leveling bonus for the smaller population, but I am opposed to doing things for no reason.

2 stars. The only good change you came up with is a cast time on force bubble. Everything else is trash, especially the Grav Round/Tracer Missile nerfs, which would cripple that class' damage completely. I'm guessing you play a Gunslinger/Sniper, since you seem to think they're so weak that they need such buffs.

A lot of 1 star people in here. Guess you prob just skimmed to the part about your class and went "hell No' without reading the whole thing. You must have also missed the description of the stars because you are saying you CANNOT adapt.

Get it?

PVE forums are thatta way ------>

4 Stars.

Some of your math is off (imho) and some of your adjustments don't feel totally justified and or necessary. But they're all signs of aggressive/proactive measures taken to improve the game, so I could live with the ones I didn't totally agree with.

I for one, would welcome that style of development during the early weeks/months of Swtor.

An underdog system definitely needs to be implemented, it's obvious to everyone (or should be), even if they don't want to admit it. I saw a very effective one in Warhammer about 2 years back.

I think the valor requirements on items should of been higher from the start. As it stands, there is essentially 2 pvp ranks. Battlemaster and not Battlemaster. Not that valor has any relevance and pvp participation anymore, thanks to the Illum debacle.

It also isn't enjoyable to see someone who is rank 24 and has a full suit of champ gear, when you're 60+ legitimately and are still missing 3 pieces.

A new no-no has been added to the list for future titles, however. Don't blow massive resources, time and effort on voice acting. Especially when you only have 3 warzones, an alpha stage rvr planet and 1.5 raids at release. This amount of end game content simply doesn't cut it in the year 2012 in the post-wow genre.

I don't need an npc telling me I need to collect 8 space berries to hate it any less.

Edited by Selfdestrukt

Very impressive patch notes, many of my worries about the game would be gone instantly. I wish there was someone working at BioWare who cared about the game being good as much as the OP.

Why thank you. Id take the job of decision making (for changes/fixes) there for probably quite a bit less money than the current person in that position makes

:) eheh

Edited by BrimeS

I would rate thsi 3 stars. The changes I do understand seem pretty fare but would need testing (unlike what they did with 1.1). The few things I woul change are Below.

1)Ops/Scounds - Seperate the Stealth Opener dmg ability and cc ability and make them seperate abilities. Give them a talent 20+ Points into a tree that allows them to spec to allow the knock down useable out of stealth.

2) Sorc/Sage - When caster is surrounded by bubble (static shield) they have a 40-50% cast time increase. This will still give them a defensive ability that can be sued for OH SHYTE momments, but prevent the Light Armo, Healing class from being the ultimate PVP Tank.

Again the other changes I am not to sure about but they sound reasonable, but would need testing before implementation.

Edited by Toranna

The title of this patch will be Rise of the Forum Whine Based Changes.

The problem with these changes is a lot of them sound like knee jerk reactions to what forumgoers complain about. I can personally vouch for the fact that the scoundrel changes would greatly cripple us (especially the flechette on gcd one in pvp) and the scoundrel qq has already gone way down as people realize that matching the scoundrel's expertise often means they lose their ability to take more than 3/4 hp now, even with what remains of consumable stacking and everything critting, after which we are emminently kiteable and do laughable dps.