Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bw, why have you made gearing up so easy?

darthjerro

Every lvl 50 i inspect has almost all purple items and tier gear on.

Why did you not make us work a little for gaining gear instead of handing it to us on silver platters?

Im not even 50 yet. Just came back from 1 week hiatus working and have noticed ALOT of 50's running around sporting high end gear. Not cool.

I like to look forward to doing hard content and doing something that takes a long time to accomplish so i have something to strive for. Looking at all this purple everywhere disheartens me immensly.

Remember in vannila wow where someone had 2 epics and a mount. THat to me was epic, i used to think one day that would be me, and it was, eventually, when i put in the time and effort and earned it.

Now they give out everything for just buying 1 months sub.......

Edited by darthjerro

SWOTOR is a casual gamer-oriented MMO.

I, too, like games where I have to fight and scrape to earn the highest accolades. But for that experience we must go to a different game.

This one is about story and theme...and about each character being the hero. This is also a great deal of fun. It's just a different kind of fun.

If you can't enjoy SWOTOR for what it is, perhaps it isn't the right game for your playing style.

Edited by Democratus

SWOTOR is a casual gamer-oriented MMO.

I, too, like games where I have to fight and scrape to earn the highest accolades. But for that experience we must go to a different game.

This one is about story and theme...and about each character being the hero. This is also a great deal of fun. It's just a different kind of fun.

If you can't enjoy SWOTOR for what it is, perhaps it isn't the right game for your playing style.

Should listen to this guy-^

People like getting stuff. There are 3 grades of purple gear right now from pvp and pve you'll notice everyone has champions mostly, or tioneese gear. While a small minority is holding on to the best gear.

This, and the difference between Tionese and Rakata is very significant. There are very, very few players out there with multiple pieces of Rakata gear.

Im not even 50 yet. Just came back from 1 week hiatus working and have noticed ALOT of 50's running around sporting high end gear. Not cool.

I like to look forward to doing hard content and doing something that takes a long time to accomplish so i have something to strive for. Looking at all this purple everywhere disheartens me immensly.

Remember in vannila wow where someone had 2 epics and a mount. THat to me was epic, i used to think one day that would be me, and it was, eventually, when i put in the time and effort and earned it.

Now they give out everything for just buying 1 months sub.......

I am sure they put in plenty of hours to get the stuff.

But that’s their choice, after all its not a job.

:)

Every lvl 50 i inspect has almost all purple items and tier gear on.

Why did you not make us work a little for gaining gear instead of handing it to us on silver platters?

Cause like every single *player* says , this game is a *great* game made you casual *great* players.

In case you do not notice , ** is ironic remarks.

TBH i was a hardcore MMO player and i can understand the OP , but now with my life getting busier and busier ( is that the correct word?) i enjoy the fact they made gearing up easy. I onlye have like 12 hours to play if i am lucky in a week( wel from mon to friday )

Like i said: i understand some ppl dont like it. But it is hard to find the balance between ''to hard'' and '' to easy ''

Well it's easy to get tionese gear and a bit harder to get columni gear, but I haven't seen anyone running with top-to-bottom rakata gear.

You have your challenge (hard/nightmare mode), you have your top tier that takes effort to reach.

Why moan ?

1-49 is about what I would expect, but 50 all of the sudden just goes crazy throwing epics everywhere. It's like they copy pasted an already inflated gear system into a brand new MMO.

yea, like i said im not 50 yet, but everyone has epics at 50, all i want to know is why, why cant they have blues till they earn some epics.

Something akin to wows BC was PERFECT in forms of gearing up. I still remember raiding ssc and i had 2 blues on cause i had no better.

Im not even 50 yet stop bashing the game I say and go and get a life

Hey random guy on the internet telling me to get a life, read where i said im not even 50 yet myself.

so are you saying you have a life? I bet 1 weeks pay my life is probably better then yours!

I have to agree a little bit.

Getting Tier 2 gear is rather easy. I pretty much bypassed Tier 1 gear.

By the Time i was able to afford my first 2 Tier 1 PvP items i had already 4 or 5 Tier 2 items.

Same goes for for PvE gear.

If you got a halfway decent group of players to do hardmode flashpoints or warzones you will bypass Tier 1.

I wish Tier 1 gear was a little bit easier to get and Tier 2 a little bit harder. That way you would at least be able to get some Tier 1 gear and use it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.